Friday, September 24, 2010

One last post for the day..........Welcome Fall!!! Design Dollies Element Challenge

Ya'll sick of me yet?

We;; I finished my BIG project! This is something I have never attempted in my life!! This week the element challenge in DollieWood is to welcome fall by adding leaves or foliage to your project.  This is gonna be pretty lengthy so grab a seat :)

I decided to alter a wreath.  Yeah me...the one who has never altered anything before.....lol.  Here is the wreath I began with....
It's ok......but it has seen better days.  As you can see a lot of stuff is missing and there is big blobs of hot glue left where pretty stuff used to be.  I picked it up for just $2.50 at Walmart thinking I would eventually do something with it cuz I seriously love just the vine wreath part.  Before everyone picked this poor thing to death it retailed for 10 bucks...see, I still have the tag on it.....LOL
I pulled everything off of it and then lost track of the camera....UGH! I also had a little bag of glittered fall leaves that I adhered to this cardstock that I stuck to a piece of cardboard.
And I sprayed it pretty liberally with glimmer mist.....not sure why since I wound up covering it with the leaves. And yeah I DO wear that red fire hat when I am crafting.....just so you know.......LOL.  Nooo it's my son's!!!!
And this stuff is so fun......and the fumes only slightly intoxicated me....LOL.

And I lost the camera again......

But I glued all the little leaves to the cardstock and found some glitter letters from Chip Chatter that I used ...then I outlined the letters in white paint pen to make it pop from the background because it was kinda getting lost.  Then I had the brilliant idea to spray these with glimmer mist too.....and the white paint ran everywhere!!! But it's ok!! Cuz this way the line looks weathered and not so perfect!!! I waited for them to dry and adhered them and then stuck the whole thing back on the now bare wreath.  and added a sunflower to the corner.......and started adding the stuff I pulled off until........TADA!!!!

heres the before again....

Whatcha think??? BE HONEST!!!!!

And be sure to play along with the Dollies this week too! They are so fun and loveable...I just wanna hug em all up!!!!!

Ok......over and out! Won't bother ya again tonight I promise :):):)

7 comments:

Denise said...

Your wreath is incredible!!!! What an amazing treasure you can use every year :)

mustangkayla said...

Your crackin' me up! My camera...is being held hostage by my parents about 45 min. away. :-(

Your wreath is fantastic! I LOVE what you've done with it!

~Christina~ said...

This turned out FANTASTIC!!! And don't try to kid yourself, cause we're not buying it............... you TOTALLY wear that fireman hat when you craft! HAHAHAHAHA

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY SMOKES TINA!!! This is AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I am IN LOVE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Totally gorgeous! I would LOVE to have something like this hanging on my door! Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along with the Dollies!

Fern said...

You go girl!! Tina, this turned out beautiful!!!! I love the new look!!! Hugs!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Honestly? I love it! :-)