Monday, September 6, 2010

Oooooh I had time to play!!!! Couple of scrap challenges :)

FINALLY!!!

I scrapped!! And just cuz I wanted too!!! No deadlines or anything :)  Thats the coolest!!!

And I got to pull out all kinds of new goodies to play with too....I think that is the bestest anecdote for slow mojo....buy some scrappy stuff!!! Last week Hobby Lobby had ALL of thier scrapbook paper 50% off.  ALL OF IT!!! And I had a true OMG moment.......my Hobby Lobby hardly EVER has anything good.  Same ol stuff all the time.....usually just thier brand, some K & Co, and DCWV with the occasional Basic Grey thrown in.  So I wasn't expecting much when I went shopping....I was just searching for kraft stock......whcih I still didn't get BUT I found SASSAFRAS!!!!! And Not only paper but embellies too!!! WOOOT! Now I am certain this is old stuff......its Called Jungle Bungle.....and it is sooo cute!!! So I got the pad for 10 bucks and a ton of little Paper Whimsy things.....and wait........there's more!!!!

I also saw Cosmo Cricket......MME.......American Crafts......Bo Bunny........I was STUNNED!!!  Could my Hobby Lobby be finally getting with it?????? Seriously......NEVER can I find any of this stuff there!!

So I am featuring my new goodies on my layout for the Design Dollies sketch challenge. I LOVEEEEE how this turned out!!! Here is the sketch....

SUPER cute isn't it????? And while I am thinking about it I wanna thank the Dollies for having me as thier GDT last month!!! I had a blast!!:)

Here is my take on the sketch....
Something freaky was going on with the lighting here.......I have a closeup of my clustering and the Photo of Jesse...it shows a bit better but still doesn't really pick up the fact that all of the embellies are popped up
My letters are just plain ol white......so I used an orange gel pen to bring it out a little bit......my kids were buging the daylights out of me as I was trying to trace them so it looks really shaky but the more I look at it the more I like it that way.....but um, kids....from now on leave mom alone when I am in my scrap zone!!!!!!
The products used here are as follows: Sassafras Jungle Bungle Paper pad, Sassafras PaperWhimsies, K & Co frame for photo and Bazill for the base.  And I added that adorable little paper Clip that I won from Amy over at Julie's blog A Few Of My Favorite Things :) The little word bits are from K & Co as well!!  I just LOVEEEEE the Dollies challenges! Watch out world...this week I am goin for the trifecta!!!!

This one also qualifies for Challenge #120 over at A Spoonful Of Sugar, which is to do anything with an animal on it.  I have a little hippo on the little whimsie card and the dp has monkeys with parachutes on it.  They are pretty much a card makers blog but I am gate crashing this week.....LOL.  No, really......they allow layouts too :)

Next up is Creative Geneology's sketch challenge.  Rowena has been featuring some killer sketches lately!! I really wish I could play along more often than I have been :) Here is her sketch.....
And for this one I drug out some more new goodies!!! During CHA week I won an incredibly cute kit from Reminisce called Moonshine Crew.  It's thier Halloween collection and I have TONS of  Halloween photos to scrap! In 2009 our church was invited to another churches "fall festivities" on Halloween and it was called The Hallelujah Hoedown. Since it was church they wouldn't call it Halloween.....lol. Omgosh it was so much fun!!! The kids got TONS of candy....way more than if they had trick or treated, and it was all safe! I was able to just turn them loose and let them be kids and I could socialize :) Hayrides, chili cookoff, inflatable jumping things, rides....you name it.  We had a great time and these photos are of my now 10 year old Brandon getting his face painted......isnt he darling???? :)
The scallop is from Sassafras but everything else is Reminisce with a Bazill base :)

And thats it!!! Hopefully things will continue to be boring here and I can get some scrappin done!!! Bob is still improving everyday (Praise God and thank you so much for your prayers!!) but we still have a long way to go. The kids are starting to settle into a routine at school and I am feeling more like myself......not sure who I felt like before but I didn't much like feeling like them......lol.

It's been a wild weekend here and I am pooped! So I think I am gonna make me a hot mug of tea (the weather is FINALLY getting cool enough to drink hot tea at night...yayyyyyy for fall!!!) and cruise thru some blogs and call it a night.  I ahve a huge lsit of layouts I am wanting to do this month and challenges I wanna play in so don't be surprised if you see another couple of pages from me tomorrow :)

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Girllllllllllllllll....its 8:15 at night here...and hehehehehehe...its still over 100 degrees...*shaking my head* I hate AZ!! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!! They are sooooooooooooooooooooo fun and loving the halloween papers!! Soooooooooooooooooooo fun! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these layouts. Hobby Lobby is my go-to store. Ours have carried the same brands that my LSS carry (well many of them anyway) for a while now and I wondered why Joanns and Michaels didn't jump aboard. I stocked up on some MME stuff and Bo Bunny stuff just a few weeks ago. :)

Star Rork said...

Oh Tina...you might want to go check out my blog!

Star Rork said...

Oh Tina...you might want to go check out my blog!

Kelly Massman said...

Great layouts and congrats on winning Star's great prize!

KarenB said...

These are so much fun!! Good on you for your great shopping finds too - gotta love a bargain :)

Calypso said...

Love all the PP and I'm glad that you were able to get some time to join our challenge this week.

Hope to see again next week at CGS.

Calypso