Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Scrap It With A Song's FIRST EVER blog hop!!!!

See???? I told ya something BIG was comin!!!!!!

Hello and welcome!!!! If you are following along the blog hop trail you should have just left Lisa's place.  If you just stumbled in and wanna hop along you need to head over to Scrap It With A Song and start there.  If you are just flat out lost and looking for directions....ummmmm can't help ya......I stay lost ALL the time so I am probably not the best person to look to for direction :) Just grab a seat and wait for me to finish and i'll call ya a cab :):):)

We are super excited to bring you our first ever blog hop!!! Be sure to hit all over the blogs and leave comments along the way cuz it will be worth your while.....I heard a lil rumor that there may be some prizes scattered along the way!! You wouldn't wanna miss out!!!

So........why the hop?

This weekend is the MTV awards!!! They will be honoring the greatest and latest musicians to rock our airwaves and to celebrate that we are having our first ever Scrap It With a Song BLOG HOP!!!
Follow along with each DTs blog and see what karaoke hour has to offer in their corner of blogdom. We'll be rocking out to some of our favorite musicians of all time (past and present, and covering all musical genres!!!)

Some of the individual DTs have goodies so be sure to hit each and every blog!!!
There is also a killer prize available on the main blog.

BUT...... to be in the running for the goodies on the main blog you need to do a couple of things.....
1. complete this week's challenge found HERE!!!!!
2. comment on each of the DT blogs (you will find the master list at the main blog if you get lost along the way)
3. become a follower of Scrap it With A Song ( unless you already are of course!!)
4. and then comment back on the main blog's hop post when you're done.

The hop will last until Sunday at 8pm central time. so you have plenty of time!!

Now.......our task was to pick our fave artist and draw inspiration from them. My fave artist is probably not known by many unless you listen to country music.  Ever heard of a fella named Jamey Johnson?
Yeah he's a little scary looking.....LOL. 
If you listen to country music at all you have most definately heard songs written by him. George Strait's "Give it Away" and Trace Adkins "Honky Tonk BaDonkaDonk" come to mind.  I had the chance to see him live this year and had a blast!!! Bob called the concert Redneck hell.......fights, drunks, people up dancing in the aisles.....a typical day for me.....lol....j/k!! Jamey is kinda the new breed of outlaw music I guess.....just like when Waylon and Willie hit Nashville and left everyone wondering what the heck had just come into town :) But he is totally cool and a really gifted writer......well, except for that badonkadonk song......which I do totally love, don't get me wrong!!! It's just not a lyrical masterpeice :)

I am one of his BIGGEST fans!! (Yeah Kathy Bates will play me in the movie.....bwahahahahaha!!!!) I love ALL of Jamey's music but his biggest hit is a little something called "In Color"


Even if you don't like country music the words to this song are amazing. Give it a shot....please? Just for me!!

One of the lines in the song goes like this.....

A picture's worth a thousand words but you can't see what those shades of grey keep covered.....you shoulda seen it in color.

And that is what inspired this layout........perhaps the most famous B & W photo of all time.......take a look :)
Can you even imagine what it was like to have been there that day? And I think most all of us know the story behind this photo......I thought it went with the song pretty dog gone well :)

Now........since you have made it this far thru my rambling you surely deserve a little award for it!!! Like maybe some really cool vintage papers from Basic Grey?? I have a 12 x 12 pack of thier Basics Manilla for someone!!! (just to tie in with my vintage theme ya know)


Now for da rulez!!!

Just leave a comment and become a follower! Easy as that! And if you are already a follower and wanna win it, leave me a comment and you will get 2 entries! Post about this giveaway on your blog and leave me the link and I will give you another entry....just cuz I am nice :) LOL

I will draw for a winner sometime Sunday night or Monday morning. Sound good? OH!! And be sure to leave me a way to get in touch with you!!! Or else I will just have to keep these yummy papers for myself!!!

Alrighty!!!

Next up is Kelly! Head over and see whats goin on with her!!!

Yeah I know.....this is the worlds longest blog post huh? But ya luv me anyways.....you know you do :P

23 comments:

~Christina~ said...

What a sweet layout. :) :) :) Now that I'm home, I better get to posting the main blog post :)

Love that song and I'm not a big country fan so that's surprising, but it's great :)

Kelly Massman said...

That's such a pretty layout! I'm already a follower (you know it), Tina! :-)

dearkatestudios said...

Pretty layout! I'm a new follower. Thanks for the chance to win! Check out my blog at dearkatestudios.wordpress.com.

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

I love J.J too! I love that song! So sweet and brings me to tears EVERY SINGLE TIME! Has a special meaning to me as we are all a military family to the beginning of the USA! WOW! Thanks for sharing!

Liz Chidester said...

Def heard of him. My husband loves playing this song on his guitar...my 3 yr old even knows the words and sings along.
Great inspiration!

mustangkayla said...

First off, I love your wall paper on your blog. Next, your killing me with the redneck comment...I soooo get that. I live in cowboy country and boy do we have some hillbillies and rednecks. lol...not that there is anything wrong with that...cause if you knew some of the things I've done.... ;) Anywho...fantastic layout and LOVE the title, perfect song for that photo! Love it!

mustangkayla said...

Oh, and that honkitong badonkadonk or whatever it is, is one of my husbands fave songs at the moment, he just cracks up every time he listens to it.

mustangkayla said...

I forgot to mention, I became a follower too!

perezmom said...

OK FUN POST! Great layout - and yes I know who your favorite artist is - thank you for the fun inspiration today!

Kelly said...

A fab layout and yup, that photo fits that song just perfect. Love the vintage look.

Faye Marie said...

I have not heard of Jamey Johnson but I might have to check him out now! Thanks for sharing!!

anazelia said...

Sorry so not a country music fan but rocking layout girl.

Lisa Smith said...

Such a great way to use that song and picture!! I had not heard that song before!

Sandi said...

What an awesome layout....would love to win the BG prize. I am a brand new follower. --Sandi

ampressley@cfl.rr.com

scrappingfrog said...

I listen to some country music but not all the time, when I do it reminds me of my dad when he was with us....its a great feeling and just to let you know you are soo funny and enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks 4 sharing.
greenchick76@yahoo.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Left, Left, left, right, left....ooooooooopppppppppppppppsssssssssssssssss sorry...Now I have Trace's song stuck in my head!! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! That photo is perfection! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Emily said...

What a fun idea to go with. I love what you did. You know I follow you and you should know where to find me if I win....lol

Emily C

BTW!!!! We drove by and waved but you didnt want to come out and play so I had to go all by myself. But dont worry about me, we are having a great time....lol

bakscrap said...

What a great title! I love it. Will have to checkout more of Jamey's music. Thanks for the chance to win.

bakscrap said...

Oh, BTW, I signed up to be a follower.

Carrie said...

I love him....Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith and Pat green are some of my faves! Off to follow.....

Linda said...

WOW this is such a pretty layout.....awesome song too!!
You just cracked me up with your post. lol
lbowman1 at cox dot net

li-bee-ti said...

You're such a funny girl! You really made me lauugh with your post.
Your lo is awesome! So romantic!

And way to go for you that you traced the place to leave me a comment on my blog...LOL

I became a follower (else what?... I love to read funny posts! LOL) and linked your giveaway on my sidebar, here.

Thanks for the chance to win!
libeeti at gmail dot com

cecilia said...

Great layout and I am a follower. thanks for the chance to win. cecilialuevano@verizon.net