Monday, September 6, 2010

Scrapt It With A Song week 21 "You'll be in my heart"

Happy Labor Day!!!!
I hope everyone is enjoying your day off! What a way to ease into the week...almost like having a "no Monday" week!!! LOL. Well, while you are kickin back and chillin today maybe you have some free time to get a little scrapping done?

How bout a challenge for ya to fire up that mojo???

This week at Scrap it With A Song we are kickin off an entire month of songs from kids movies! How fun!!! Ohhhhh and I'm gonna let you in on a little secret too.....we have something really FUN and COOL coming your way on WEDNESDAY!! And a little bird tells me there may just be some prizes involved :):):) So you will DEFINATELY want to check back with us!

Now.....ready for this weeks challenge?

First I wanna let you know that the absolutely AMAZING Sew Many Cards is our sponsor this week.  If you haven't checked her shop out you really should....she has some super cute digi images!!!Here's a little about Angela :)

My name is Angela and I own Sew Many Cards. I have a husband, an almost 10year old daughter, a two year old son, and a dog/puppy: Hershey. The images of Sew Many Cards came from a dream that my husband had of a group of animals that were "SEWN Together" with patches and stitching, hence the name, which he also came up with. You will find that every image in the Sew Many Cards collection has patches and stitching, even the ones that are not animals. I love to draw and almost every image is either an inspiration from my family or a request from my great customers and design team, so please ask if you need something specific or would like to request something be made. You can contact me at angela@sewmanycards.com


They have offered up to the winner of this week's challenge FIVE digi images from their shop. I can't wait to see what you all create :)

Now....your mission this week :)
From the motion picture Tarzan.....(insert my tarzan yell here) we have the uber talented Phil Collins and "You'll Be In My Heart"


Come stop your crying
It will be all right
Just take my hand Hold it tight
I will protect you
from all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry
For one so small,
you seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry
'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more
You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, always
Why can't they understand
the way we feel
They just don't trust
what they can't explain
I know we're different but,
deep inside us
We're not that different at all
And you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more
Don't listen to them
'Cause what do they know
We need each other,
to have, to hold
They'll see in time
I know
When destiny calls you
You must be strong
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on
They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together
'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on,
Now and forever more
Oh, you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be in my heart, always
Always


Isn't that sweet???

Ok...you know the drill!  Use the lyrics as inspiration for a project.....layout, card whatever!!! Or jsut the song or the movie....let your imagination go with this one cuz I actually see LOTS of potential for soem really "different" takes this week!

I chose to go a little different direction myself.....but you gotta see it first to understand where I'm coming from....and this is one of my favorite layouts ever too!!!

I don't know if you can see the photo or not.  It came thru a yahoo group I am a member off called Photography and Images. I don't know who to credit but the moment I saw this one I knew I loved it!  The water is reflecting a black person and a white person in the water and they are touching thru the water puddle.....to me it is quite symbolic and when I read thru these lyrics I knew it was perfect for the line "Deep Inside Us We 're Bot That Different at All"

The entire layout is something really different for me.  Very clean and streamlined......but I absolutely love it! And I think this one will wind up framed in my scrapping room.......if I ever get it done....lol.

So cmon and play with us this week and don't forget to link er up!!! Can't wait to see how everyone else chooses to interpret this one! And don't forget to mark WEDNESADAY on your calendar!!! Seriously.....this is BIG!!!!! :)

5 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Your layout is pretty! It's so fun that you scrapped someone's else's photo.

~Christina~ said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this :)

anazelia said...

so wonderful.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooooooo AMAZING Tina! I love love love that photo..and the design is WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Faye Marie said...

Great job!!!!