Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Upside down...Scrap it With A Song Week #22 Reveal!

Ya'll didn't notice this post is a wee bit late did ya? :) Well sometimes life gets in the way.....that's just how things roll (shrugs) Please keep Christina and her family in your thoughts and prayers today as she has a sick kiddo and had to make an Urgent Care Center visit last with a fever of 105! Scary stuff! So everyone please send some feel good vibes thier way!!

Did ya'll enjoy the blog hop? I did! I have loved meeting so many new and wonderful people! Be sure to check the main blog as well as each of the design teams individual blogs to see if you are the lucky recipeiant of some scrappy stuff!

This week we are turning things "Upside Down" with Jack Johnson.....all month long we are featuring songs from childrens movies...so these should be really fun to work with! This song, of course, is from the movie Curious George :)

Our sponsor this week is our very own hostess with the mostess Christina!!!!!!! Some lucky person will win a nice assortment of Prima flowers!!! Ooooooooh!!! I'm jealous!!!! And becasue we are a little late getting this weeks challenge up and running, rather than the Sunday at noon deadline we are giving ya til midnight to hook us up with your creations!

So you oughta know the drill by now........but just in case we have some new peeps playing along with us for the very first time I'll go over the rules real quick :)  They are few and easy!!! I swear!!  Each week we provide a song for you to use as inspiration for your project. You can scrap a layout, do an altered project, mini book or album, card......whatever your forte is! We only ask that you use the song somehow. It can just remind you of something, you can use the lyrics word for word, the title.....seriously.....just use your imagination and let it "flowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" hehehehehe.....Julie is still in my head!!!! All we ask is that if it isn't blatantly obvious where your inspo comes from, to please give a bit of detail in your blog post.  And trust me, I DO read these and I LOVE to hear how people gather thier ideas and inspiration!!! And  I love hearing the stories behind the layouts! I think thats why I love blogging so much! It's kinda like visiting with girlfriends......except I don't need bail money......LOL.....tells ya what kinda friends I have doesn't it :)

Ok......ready to play?

Here's a little something to help ya out.....


Who's to say

What's impossible
Well they forgot
This world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything
And as the surface breaks reflections fade
But in some ways they remain the same
And as my mind begins to spread its wings
There's no stopping curiosity

I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
I don't want this feeling to go away

Who's to say
I can't do everything
Well I can try
And as I roll along I begin to find
Things aren't always just what they seem

I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
This world keeps spinning and there's no time to waste
Well it all keeps spinning spinning round and round and
Upside down

Who's to say what's impossible and can't be found
I don't want this feeling to go away

Please don't go away
Please don't go away
Please don't go away

Is this how it's supposed to be
Is this how it's supposed to be

And let me do a little bragging here.......we have an AWESOME DT!! And you really gotta see what they pulled off this week......I am just beyond words!! Seriously......you gotta see!! And as always please visit the DT blogs and leave some love!  Everyone works so hard to make this challenge happen and I couldn't be prouder to be a part of thigns here :)
 
Now for my reveal.......I love this LO! I went digi with it and came up with something sweet and simple.....as kids we all have big dreams of who or what we are going to be when we grow up.  And who's to say we can't be whatever we want? Even after we are grown up......or, well...at least of age....I will NEVER grow up no matter how old I get......LOL.  So I took my inspiration from the Line "Who's to say what's impossible?"
 
Cute!!!
I just LOVE that ribbon flower!!! My photo is another of those cute email things we all get......I save these things for desktops and for when I get bored scrapping my own kids......LOL. Everything else I used is from Weeds & Wildflowers Designs.  Its a super sweet digi kit called "Full Of Wonder" My chosen font is DJB Conner.....I love these cute little handwritten type fonts for scrapping! I often print my journaling using these as well cuz my own handwriting sucks.....LOL.
 
Thanks so much for looking and for playing along....don't forget....you have til Sunday at midnight this week to link us up so we can ooooh and ahhh over your creations!!! And someone is gonna get some yummy Prima too!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehe...look at the power i have!! LOL!! KIDDING!! I love love love love that lo!! The ribbon flower is FAB-O and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the stars!! And hoping Christina's baby is ok! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jackie said...

Really cute LO :)

mustangkayla said...

OOOHHH.... ILOVE that song! DS and I watch Curious George almost every day! Cute cute layout!

~Christina~ said...

Man I love this movie. I think I'll lay down with the sickie girl and watch it :)

Faye Marie said...

I love the flower!! You did such a great job!!!!! Never seen Curious George which is curious cause I am pretty sure it is Will Ferrel's voice and I adore him... might need to check it out!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Toucan Scraps said...

supper cute!