Monday, October 25, 2010

Artsy fartsy Monday :)

Helloooo everyone!!!!

It has defiantely been another "one of those days" today.  I seem to be having more and more of those lately.  I think I need a vacation......someplace where there is no testosterone and it is nice and quiet!!!!! Anyone know a place like that? And if so can you get me reservations? LOL.  I'm nursing a migraine right now but I wanted to share a couple of things I put together earlier today.  Then I am totally gonna just crash and pretend like the rest of the day never happened.  Maybe then it will go POOF and things will be back to normal....well, MY kinda normal, tomorrow.  One can hope right???

I've been somewhat productive today actually....got lots of cleaning done and donated some items I have been holding onto forever to Goodwill........face it, I am NEVER gonna have that yard sale or actually sit down and list the stuff on ebay....so out it went. And I just took 2 loaves of home made banana bread with choclate chips out of the oven.........and it smells soooooooooooooo good!!! And there is just 129 calories per slice.....yayyyyyyy!!! That is my breakfast in the morning!!! A couple of toasted up slices with my morning coffee and I am good to go!!  Bob is grumbling about there being chocolate in it.....BAH HUMBUG!!! Let him make his own!!!

Ok.......so got a couple of things done today.......I am gonna get the hang of this card thing!!!  This one turned out way better than the photograph.  Seriously.  In person it is cute, cute, cute!!! I am going to put a photo of Jesse inside and he is going to give it to his teacher....he loved it!!  It was inspired by the Design Dollie color combo challenge that went up today.  Purple , Black and White.......totally halloweenish, altho you can certainly do about anything with it...I just chose to go this way :)

This is the last color challenge of the month over there and there is some Little Yellow Bicycle goodies up for grabs!!!  So if you haven't played along yet NOW IS THE TIME PEOPLE!!!!! Seriosuly.....the Design Dollies are awesome and I promise, only a couple of em bite.....I just can't tell ya which ones.....cuz, um, well....I don't wanna get biten....DUH!!!!

Like I said, I chose to go with a card.......and here it be in all of it's blurry, badly photographed glory....
And the black and white checkered background is indeed part of the card...talk about close cropping.....why can't I ever do that with my scrap layouts??????  Most everything here is scraps.....no clue what most of it is.....I do know the purple squares under the ghosties with the mosties (hehehehe) is from All My Memories, the Solid black stock is Bazzill, the ghosties and the sticker above that says "I'm scarier than you" is from Reminiscinse's Moonshine Crew.  This fuzzy beaded ribbon...I stole from a stripper at a local nightclub....and boy is she mad!!!  No, seriously.....it's really very cool....and it was part of the HUGE $2.00 bag of scrap ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby. I love it and wanna stick it on everything.......lol. Like I said, this card is sooooo cute in person.  And I usually hate my cards.  Everything is also popdotted and has a ton of dimension but you can't see that here.
As I mentioned, this card is for the Design Dollies Color Challenge
A Spoon Full Of Sugar: BOO!! Halloween projects
C.R.A.F.T Challenge: Spooky
Crazy 4 Challenges : Halloween themed card or project
Creative Inspirations: Spooky
My Time To Craft Ghosties, Ghoulies and Long Legged Beasties
Sisterhood Of Crafters: Boo-rific

Next up is a scrap layout (back to familiar turf for me) based on one of the sketches for Stuck?  Here is the Sketch....
and here is what I did to it......lol.

Now that I'm looking at it I'm not sure why I put the ric rac on.....musta seemed like a good idea at the time.......lol. Well, that is easily fixed :)  Some of you will remember this photo from the other day.......Isn't Jesse so sweet here??? Awwwwwwww!!!!

Bazzill cardstock base, all the papers are Sassafras Lass Playtime, the little flowers are also Sass and the alphas are a combo of Cosmo Cricket tiny type and College Press Joyride.

K.....I'm done now........back to your regularly scheduled broadcast :)  I'm off to medicate and go to bed!!!!

7 comments:

Fern said...

Great job!! Cute photos and I kinda like the ric-rac around the edges!! Hugs!

Fern said...

Forgot to tell you I loooove your card... But you better be looking over your shoulder for that half naked stripper, since you took half of her costume!!! lol Hope your migraine gets better!! Hugs!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card!! The trim is sooooooooooo fun!!! I love love love love love love that lo too!! I hope all is good soon dearest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Your Halloween card gave me the giggles! :-) Nice layout, too!

Trimgym said...

Great spooky card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Paddington fan said...

What a fun Halloween card - thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week for our spooky challenge, Love Jacky x

KarenB said...

LOL Tina, that poor stripper, whatever will she do without her fuzzy beaded ribbon?? You put it to great use... LOVE that card :)