Tuesday, October 12, 2010

C'mon!! Strike A Pose!!!! Scrap It With A Song Week #26........

Yeah, late again!!! Christina is gonna start docking my paycheck!!! Wait, I don't get a check.......just fame and glory and millions and millions of male admirers......

And then I woke up....DANG this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!! :):):):):)

Good morning gang!  Life here is still mucho loco so bare with me!  I had a big day yesterday and didn't have a chance to post my reveal.  Bob is still in the hospital and yesterday I had to take Brandon for a hearing evaluation at the ENT......turns out he needs to have tubes put in his ears and his adenoids taken out.....I hope this means he will be less adnoying....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I have to call later this morning to get the details.  He is a little nervous but hopeful that he will miss LOTS of school.....yeah right!!!!  I got some great photos yesterday but they are still on my phone.  If I get a chance I will share them later on this afternoon :)

Now.......on to this will scrappy challenge at Scrap it With A Song!!! This one is FUN!!! As tho you couldn't tell by my post topic.......we are gonna VOGUE this week!! Strike a pose there's nuthin to it.......vogue, vogue, vogue............I am so glad you can't see me trying to dance :)  NOT pretty!!!!

Here's the video so you can see how it is SUPPOSED to be done! I look like I'm having a seizure or something......lol.

And the lyrics for anyone who actually needs them......:)

Strike a pose, strike a pose
Vogue, vogue, vogue, vogue, vogue, vogue

Look around everywhere you turn is heartache
It's everywhere that you go [look around]
You try everything you can to escape
The pain of life that you know [life that you know]
When all else fails and you long to be
Something better than you are today
I know a place where you can get away
It's called a dance floor, and here's what it's for, so

Come on, vogue
Let your body move to the music [move to the music]
Hey, hey, hey..Come on, vogue
Let your body go with the flow [go with the flow]
You know you can do it

All you need is your own imagination
So use it that's what it's for [that's what it's for]
Go inside, for your finest inspiration
Your dreams will open the door [open up the door]
It makes no difference if you're black or white
If you're a boy or a girl
If the music's pumping it will give you new life
You're a superstar, yes, that's what you are, you know it

Beauty's where you find it
Not just where you bump and grind it
Soul is in the musical
That's where I feel so beautiful
Magical, life's a ball
So get up on the dance floor

Greta Garbo, and Monroe
Deitrich and DiMaggio
Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean
On the cover of a magazine
Grace Kelly; Harlow, Jean
Picture of a beauty queen
Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire
Ginger Rogers, dance on air
They had style, they had grace
Rita Hayworth gave good face
Lauren, Katherine, Lana too
Bette Davis, we love you
Ladies with an attitude
Fellows that were in the mood
Don't just stand there, let's get to it
Strike a pose, there's nothing to it

See?? FUN !!!!!!! :):):):)

Our sponsor this week, once again the amazing Sew many Cards! 


And let me tell ya.....they have the CUTEST digital stamps and images!!! Check em out!!! They are providing out winner this week with 5......yup FIVE!!! Digital images of thier choice!!

Our DT rocked it this week! I did however notice that my project is missing.....ahem!!!! It's an honest mistake :) I did do it I promise!!!! It's not like when I said the dog ate my homework...I REALLY did this one!!!!  Liz's project is just so incredible it got posted twice :)  Not a problem!!!! Here is my take this week.....seems like everyone pretty much had the same idea......great minds think alike I guess!!!
Here is my little poser Jesse on the 4rth of July of this year.......strikin a pose....of course!!!
On of my very favorite LO's ever!!
I had so much fun making a mess and putting this one together......LOL.  I applied the yellow  Crate Barrell paint with a playing card....just dipped the edge in and smeared it on my White Bazzill cardstock.....soooooo cool!!!! All the paper scraps were indeed bits and scraps from Sassafras's Jungle Bungle...or Bungle Jungle.....one or the other.....LOL.  And all the flowers and the little card are Sassafras's Paper Whimsies.....which I LOVEEEE!!!! My letters are from Lil Davis Designs, the teeny "you make me smile" is from K&Co.  I just doodled the border cuz it needed soemthing extra and I am REALLY trying to get the hang of the cool layering and clustering everyone does.  Lots of popdots used here but you can't really see it with this photo.

So....let's see whatcha go this week!! Simply create a layout, card or project using the song as inspo.......feel free to go out on a limb just like Madonna wou;d do....well, maybe not JUST like Madonna.....keep it PG at least........LOL.

Til next time........Strike a pose......
Vogue
Vogue
Vogue
Vogue
:)


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am sorry to hear things are still crazy there for you....I hope everything gets better soon!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo...those photos are ADORABLE and loveeeeeeeee the paint...and your posts always make me SMILE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

mustangkayla said...

Sheesh...full plate or what? Sorry to hear so much going on! What a fun fun fun layout!

Kelly Massman said...

What a fun layout! :-)

~Christina~ said...

Holy macaroni....CUTE! And I hope things start calming down there soon. Being on high alert all the time is exhausting :( :( :(

less adnoying?? BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA