Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEE! (and my Scrap it With A Song reveal!!)

"it" , of course, meaning ME!!

Hello my scrappy friends! Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated....altho I DO know of a couple of people wishing for it.....POO on them!!! I'm a tuff cookie baby!!!

The sickies struck my house and hit it like a hurricane. The "cold" I had turned out to be a major sinus infection....bad enough that the dr actually tested me for the flu.  I stayed in bed for 3 days straight.  Steven wasn't as sick, he could get up and play playstation or lay on the couch and watch tv......Ohhhh to be young again!!!! He did miss 4 days of school and is still working on make up work.  Are we better now? Nope! Now I have an ear infection......even with being on antibiotics.  me thinks someone has a voodoo doll of me!!!  I must say at least I am able to function now.......so that is indeed an improvement.  Matt still has the cough and now Bob and Jacob are sick and I'm sure Jesse is next.......ain't life grand??? :)

Actually it is!!  Being sick is just temporary :)  And I know there are folks out there dealing with a lot worse issues than I am at the moment.  Keeping that in mind helps me remember that I am BLESSED!!!!

I missed out on Mondays big reveal of our challenge over at Scrap It With A Song :(  Christina knows I have been sick and going thru a LOT here at home and told me not to worry about it this week but I saw the song and an idea struck me and I had to go with it! When the mojo flows you better be ready!!! Since most of you have probably already seen the lyrics or the video I won't bother posting them here today like I usually do.......besides, I'm feeling lazy......lol. But you can pop over to the main blog and check it out and see the Dt's awesome work!!

The song for this week is Scrap it With A Song is Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk. I must admit I don't know the song......but the title alone isnpired me to create this.....
Not totally sure about my color scheme here......lol. But this was a lot of fun to create :) The photo is of Jesse the day I brought him home to meet his brothers :) That's his mamaw holding him, not that you can see a lot of her......lol.  2 days old!!! I think I must still be suffering the effects of my high fever because I coulda SWORN that somewhere in blogland there was a challenge to use hidden journaling......but I ca't find it....GRRRR!!! I created the little house and it actually opens up to reveal a little note to Jesse

And you can see under the house I cut the paper into fringe to give the illusion of grass :)

I also painted a piece of chipboard and used it to mimic smoke from the chimney and added a little doodle border around the page with a paint marker. And that's a little button for the door knob :)

I used Remarks Alphas (2 different types but I can't remember the names)
Paper by Heidi Grace
Chipboard by Making Memories
Button and paper doily from my stash
And Paint Pen from Elmers

Thanks for looking and thanks to those of you who have checked in on me! I'm feeling kinda scrappy today so I may see what I can come up with before I have to go get my boys!!

5 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What a cute layout! LOVE the color scheme and the hidden journaling!

Sorry to hear you've been sick! Hope your feeling much much better!

Denise said...

Glad you are at least functioning now, lol! You guys went down hard :( Your color scheme is fabulous!!! I love it. The grass and house totally rock too!!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Glad to hear you are OK! Love your layout--that house paper is fun and so is the HOUSE you made! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope you and the household are feeling better now!!! I love love love love that lo!! That photo is soooooooooooooo precious and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that house with the journaling! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

Of course I understood....I just recovered from the same sickies :( :( :( :( I am so sorry you caught it....can't blame me I'm miles away....LOL ;o) I love this layout :)