Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jolly by Golly....Mondays Color Challenge With The Design Dollies :):)

I love it when things rhyme!!!! :):):)

Today has been a crapper of a day.  And just my luck....my supermom cape is in the wash.......just when I need it most!! 

I got VERY little sleep last night.  I went to bed at a reasonable time but seemed to wake up every hour....just like clockwork.  Seemed like I had just drifted off into a really deep sleep when the alarm went off.  Stupid alarm!!! So got up and got the kids ready for school and as I am doing drop off duty my brakes start making that dreaded grinding noise that lets you know....ummmmm, hey chicky....you need new brakes!!!! So now THAT is on my to do list at some point this week!!

Went to see Bob at the hospital.....he is doing better.  Seems to be getting his head back on straight :)  They put him back on the wound vac thing......which is kinda a bummer cuz it REALLY gets in the way...but we are hopeful this time it will heal quickly and heal correctly!!!  This dr is really very proactive......he goes in and takes care of business before it becomes a major issue......and I understand that....and appreciate it!  But like I ahve said over and over....we are just ready for it to be over and done with!!  When this is all finally over, tell ya what......you are ALL invited to a party at my house :):):)  He may get to come home tomorrow.....we'll see :)

Tomorrow is also the last day before fall break for the kiddos......basically its just a long weekend.  Thurs, Frid, Sat, and Sun........but hey, I get to sleep in!!! GOTTA love that!!!!!  brandon is going to Ky to spend it with my mom.......and as mean as this sounds I am totally ready to get rid of him......lol.  He has been a turd today......first he was fighting with his brothers about his boots being missing.  He has a VERY annoying habit of blaming other people when his stuff is misplaced......he just flat out accuses his brothers of stealing his stuff.......not cool.  That is one of my pet peeves.  So he had it out about that tonaight and I made him clean his room to look for them......while cleaning his room he came up with about 10 pairs of jeans that he has cut up. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!! And these were all NEW pairs of Old Navy, American Eagle and Bugle Boy.  NEW!!!!! And swears he doesn't know how it happened........yeah right.  I have STOOPID tattooed on my forehead I guess. And his boots were still missing....so I made him and his brothers clean our den.  Thats where they hang and play playstation....and lo and behold they were there!!! And he thought, Ok.....I found my boots, I can quit cleaning. NOPE!!! So I had to stay on his tail and make him finish.  So right now he is on my bad side.....not a fun plce to be either!!!

So yeah......I am STRESSED today!!! I even went out and did a little retail therapy today to try to unwind.....I spent a couple of hours in Hobby Lobby :):):) Hobby Lobby makes me sooooooooooooooooo happy!!!! I bought some thickers, cardstock and a bunch of clearance stamps.  Yeah, I don't stamp.......but I found some HUGE clear stamps in single letters for 15 cents each....so i grabbed em....no clue what I am gonna do with em.......LOL.  But I also found some cute wood mounted Christmas ones on clearance for under $2 each......and some adorablee little Sassafras flowers!!! And they are now carrying Tim Holtz!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!! I am gonna go back tomorrow and use my 40% coupon towards a paper pad!!!

Ok......enough babbling......The Design Dollies debuted thier color challenge yesterday.  And I wasn't gonna do it cuz it calls for pink..........and I am pretty much anti pink. And them last night I came across a challenge on Cosmo Cricket's blog to create something with Jolly By Golly or Mitten Weather.  I have Jolly By Golly and don't use it much because.......DUH!!! It has sooooooooo much pink!!!! And I am a mom of 5 boys who would kill me if I scrapped them in pink......lol.  So I thought........AHA!!! Make a card!!!!

WHAT???? A card you say????? YES!!!! I attempted a card.  And at this point I am adding my disclaimer.....I am by no means a card maker!!!!!! But I had fun with this and it turned out really cute!!!

So without further ado here is the Design Dollies color palette......Pink, Turquiose & White.



And here is the first attempt at the card....but I felt it was missing something....

So I went back and found a stray piece of chipboard and painted it white......

Better???? I like it :)  Ok.......the card base and the mat is Cosmo Cricket's Core'dinations that I sanded down to reveal the embossed pattern.  The paper, the snowman and ribbon are all from Jolly By Golly, I also have Cosmo Cricket's Tiny type letters and AC Thickers...no clue about the chippy piece but paint is Apple Barrell in White :)

Is there hope for me as a card maker????? We'll see I guess.......LOL.

Thanks for lookin.......lots of photos of the kids comin tomorrow!!!

~T~

4 comments:

Leah the Orange said...

and you say your supermom cape was in the laundry? girlfriend, you were donnin' that with the best of 'em! you rocked the card, you found the boots, you got him to clean (but whoa, what's with all the chopped up jeans?!), and you rocked the colour combo, even with PINK!

yeah. this was SO a supermom day for you! xo

Kelly Massman said...

cute card! I made my cosmo Cricket card one day too early to count... grrr...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hope everything gets better soon my dearest...but I am TOTALLY up for a party at your place! :):):):):):) LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that card!! CC makes me SMILE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

KarenB said...

I love the addition of the flourish - great move! Love the pink - I'm sure you can rock any colour combo at all :) I love hearing great shopping stories too... and you can definitely count yourself as a card-maker with this one. Love it xx