Monday, October 25, 2010

Scrap It With A Song Reveal.......Challenge #28 :)

Good monday morninnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Hope everyone got to enjoy a beautiful fall weekend!!  We had awesome weather here in Tn but are paying for it this morning with LOTS of thunderstorms and such.  We now have a lake in our front yard....I'm thinking about stocking it and charging admission :)

Are you ready for a brand new week at Scrap It With A Song? How bout a brand new challenge to get that scrap mojo goin? Well this weeks song is "My Guy" Yup.......we are goin back in time a bit.......Remember the Supremes?? yeah, me either....I'm not that old!!!!! LOL Maybe this will help ya out a bit :)

 MARY WELLS lyrics - My Guy

Nothing you could say
Can tear me away from my guy
Nothing you could do
'Cause I'm stuck like glue to my guy
I'm stickin' to my guy
Like a stamp to a letter
Like the birds of a feather
We stick together
I'm tellin' you from the start
I can't be torn apart from my guy

Nothing you can do
Could make me untrue to my guy
Nothing you could buy
Could make me tell a lie to my guy
I gave my guy my word of honor
To be faithful and I'm gonna
You best be believing
I won't be deceiving my guy

As a matter of opinion I think he's tops
My opinion is he's the cream of the crop
As a matter of taste to be exact
He's my ideal as a matter of fact
No muscle bound man
Could take my hand from my guy
No handsome face
Could ever take the place of my guy
He may not be a movie star
But when it comes to being happy we are
There's not a man today
Who could take me away from my guy

No muscle bound man
Could take my hand from my guy
No handsome face
Could ever take the place of my guy
He may not be a movie star
But when it comes to being happy we are
There's not a man today
Who could take me away from my guy

There's not a man today
Who could take me away from my guy

(Tell me more)

There's not a man today
Who could take me away from my guy

There ya go!! Obviously ther are a million direction you can go with this one! 
 
"Your guy" may be your significant other, daddy, grandpa, son, grandson, a celebrity crush, a pet.....lol.......you can get literal and use the lyrics, the title or just use the entire song as inspiration.......thats what this challenge is all about!!
 
We wnat to see your layouts, cards, and /or projects dedicated to and inspired by "My Guy".  Well.....not MY GUY......cuz that could get messy....Im the jealous type.....LOL. All we ask is if you are really having to stretch your imagination to see the musical influence, PLEASE kinda clue us in......lol.  I have a pretty vivid/wild imagination and I know how easy it is to go off track sometimes and NO ONE know what I am talking about.......happens more often than not, trust me!!! Just give us a a little background if you will......besides, I think everyone loves to read the stories behind the pages or projects.  I know I do! It's like getting a little peek into your lives :)
 
For once I am a little ahead this morning......you will have to head over to the main blog to see what the prize for this week is cuz I am totally clueless......lol.  But our sponsors are always amazing and so generous that I KNOW whatever it is....it's gotta be good!!!
 
Before I go I'm gonna share my page of "My Guy".  Ya'll get to hear about him all the time but rarely see him.......that's because he is as bad as the kids when it comes to taking a picture...I can NEVER get a serious face!!!! I had tons of fun making this page and really had no clue where I was headiing with it.  I knew I wanted to incorporate all of these hearts because  this weeks Element Challenge over at the Design Dollies is "Wearing Your Heart On Your Sleeve" :) But at first it was looking too "BLAH" So I grunged it up a bit and then a bit more......lol.  Making a mess is ALWAYS fun and theraputic as well!!! Instead of just calling it "My Guy" I went with the theme of "Ten Things I Love About My Guy"  Check it out and let me know what you think!!
Kinda different for me but I'm likin this look!!! I started with Basic Grey Recess paper.....for the most part it was already pretty grungy but I added some red and black ink to it....just kinda smooshed it around. Bazzill black cardstock...torn for the photo mat and also added red ink to it.  Chipboard bracket, inked with red and black as well. Can you tell that red and black is my favorite color combo? LOL The hearts I got in a grab bag at Hobby Lobby that had handmade papers in different shapes. I used all of the itty bitty hearts I had.....lol.  Letters from 3 different collections of Cosmo Crickets Tiny Types (which Hobby Lobby is now carrying.....WOOOT!!!!) and American Crafts.  The little "Home" bingo card is from Jenni Bowlin.

So there's mine.......where's yours? Cmon and play!!!! You have til this Sunday to link r up at Scrap it With A Song!! We love seeing your amazing creations every week!! Be sure to check and see if you were one of the top five from last week!! We had some beauties!!!!

And if ya wanna get in on this Dollies challenge you gotta be fast......they will have a new element challenge up tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Such a fun layout! Hopefully, I'll have something up this week that you can come see! :-)

Fern said...

Tina, I love the style of this one!! Hugs!!

~Christina~ said...

You ROCKED this look.....AWESOME!