Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhhh scrappy days are here again!!!

Hello friends!!! Seems like it's been a while....oh wait!!! It was just yesterday wasn't it????  I'm losing all track of time.......the holidays will do that I guess:) Are you ready for Christmas? Shopping done? At least have a list made? LOL.  I've started but am noooo where near finished! Maybe I will ahve it done this weekend and can sit and concentrate on all of the handmade gifties I need to make for teachers, our home health nurse, bus drivers, therapists........it's a good thing I actually enjoy this kinda thing.....lol.

It's been a really rainy yucky day here.  Rained all night last night and all day today and now they are talking about snow in the morning.  The kids are all excited and are convinced they will be getting a snow day tomorrow......NOT!!!! Or at least I hope not.....LOL.  The Thanksgiving break almost done me in!!! Anyway...I took advantage of the nasty weather today and sat in my nice, dry toasty kitchen and scrapped.  Yayyyyyyy!!! It's always a great day when I can crank out a couple of projects and can share them right away!!!

First up is this awesome little sketch 230 from ScrapBook Challenges over at ning.  It has been sooooo long since I joined in a challenge over there and this sketch was just the thing to get me off my butt!!

Now I'm not sure if it was my placement of things or what but it looked....well....I dunno.....empty to me! Or mine did, I should say. So I got a little creative with my LO and added a bit to it :)

My color is a little off cuz I was stuck inside and had to make do with our indoor lighting...after SEVERAL attempts....I called it quits so this is it!! My little banner is really a nice bright ornage that MATCHES the orange scallop. UGHHHH!! This is Jesse from last year....just some candid shots I caught of him at the mothers day tea. I titaled it "My kindergarten boy" and the journaling card has some of his favorite classes, friends and of course.....his teacher!! Those are important things to remember!!!
I usede Coredinations for the base and sanded it down to get the alphabet to show up (soooo cool!!) and also used bazzill basics orange cardstock, paper from Sassafras Lass as well as some alphas, and a little paper whimsy that I fussy cut the monkey from.  Also used stuff from My Stories Elementary collection, thickers and buttons from my stash.  LOVEEEE how it turned out in spite of my crappy lighting.....lol. I used a TON of popdots....but again, you can't mreally see the dimension in the photo.....I promise its there!!! You can come hold it if you want.....lol....its super heavy too with layers of paper and STUFF!! I'm also joining in at Lasting memories layout challenges......I LOVE them and haven't played there in a while either......I'm REALLY slackin huh??? There latest challenge is layers (check) and 3d effects (check again....even if you can't see it!!!......lol)

Also there is a cool challenge over at Pagemaps this month.....there is a My Little Shoebox prize up for grabs!!! I haven't gotten around to my layout YET but did do the card challenge :):) I'm tellin ya...cards are ADDICTIVE!!!!! And I actually like how this one turned out as well :):)
And yes I AM sending this out to someone this year!!!
LOVE IT!!!! Bazzill Basics kraft, Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly papers and Creative Imaginations Merry Christmas thingy, can't tell it but those are red gems around the scallops, twine, and stash ruffly ribbon :)  Cuteness!!!!

This one also works (I think) for Crazy 4 Challenges challenge this week to use script paper or embossing on a project.  There are words on the music papge....I guess that is the same as script???

I am sooo in a crafty mood so I am sure I will be back tomorrow!!! Thanks for looking!!!
~T~

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving that lo and the card!! And I know what you mean about losing time!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

These are so great!!!

~Christina~ said...

These are so great!!!

~Christina~ said...

These are so great!!!

~Christina~ said...

These are so great!!!

~Christina~ said...

These are so great!!!

suezie said...

Such a cute page - thanks for playing

Kelly Massman said...

Your card is super fantastic! And, that LO--so cute! Love that fun banner in the corner!

Karen Wilson said...

Super cute and love the layering effects! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!