Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No rest for the wicked :) Lots of little updates

Hello my scrappy peeps!! I thought I'd peek in to make sure no one had rearranged my furniture n stuff while I have been gone!! Things are crazy, crazy, crazy here!!!! I haven't had time to even catch my breath and I am SOOOO far behind it's unreal.  Hopefully by the weekend things will settle down and I can catch up just in time to do it all over again.......yup, I must thrive on chaos!!

I have some AWESOME Halloween photos to share but that will have to wait til the weekend too....grrrrr!! I just got my internet connection back up and running and have MY OWN computer back once again!! I tell ya....for the longest time we didn't even own a PC......then when we got one I didn't know how I managed all that time.....now we have 2 and I don't know how we managed with just one......LOL. Yup I am a spoiled brat I reckon!!

Real quick, I'd like for everyone to keep my 10 year old in your thoughts tomorrow as he undergoes his surgery to ahve tubes put in his ears and have this adenoids (or as Jesse calls it, his "annoying thing") taken out. Super simple surgery that shouldn't take too long and shouldn't have any complications BUT with what I have been thru with Bob and "simple" surgeries over the past 2 years I don't take anything for granted.  Plus my mother is coming in from Ky to sit with me........so God grant me the strength to hold my tongue and let us not try to kill one another......seriously!!!  And while we are at it.......Julie's little girl Brookie is also having laser surgery tomorrow.....so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as well :)  Kids are resilliant tho.....I think the parents are often more of a wreck than they are.

Another quick note.......My Bloggie friend Fern....who many, if not all, of you know, has some candy up for grabs on her blog! She is just the sweetest thing and musta been bitten by the Christmas Spirit Bug....cuz her candy is a good un!!! And if you don't already know her let me tell ya....she is incredibly crafty and creative and I just know you will be blown away by her layouts and cards!! Here's the link.... http://texasstampinmamaw.blogspot.com/2010/11/time-for-some-more-blog-candy-just-in.html AND it will also remain on my sidebar until Dec 15th!!

Over at XOXO it's voting time!! We are still playing catch up over there too (See??? I'm not the only one!!!) and have 2 months worth of challenges to vote on. So head on over there and vote for your fav layout!! We are gonna try to have the winners posted by Nov 6th.  But we need your help!!!! The layouts are always amazing from our challenge participants......I haven't seen all of them this month but I'm gonna try to hop over and comment on everyones creations this weekend.....then we will have a brand new challenge ready for ya on Nov 7 AND a few new Lipstick Chicks are joining the crew!!!  WOOOT!!!!

And let's not forget this weeks Scrap It with A Song Challenge!! Which, sadly, I haven't finished due to fighting with computer issues and dr appointments and various things that a mom of 5 has to do......but the song this week is "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi! We'd love to see your takes on it so play along  with us! Crafty Ribbons is our sponsor this week and is offering up a TON of ribbon! Ok, not a ton but you will get every single color they have! WOWOWOWOW! Crafty Ribbons ROCKZ!!!! So check out the challenge this week and see if you can rock it too :)

And I think I'm done.......LOL.  I really need to try to head to bed a little early since we have to be at the hospital in the morning at 6:30.......only to sit and wait for 3 or 4 hours I'm sure......lol. 

5 comments:

Denise said...

I'll keep your little guy in my prayers. Hope the time passes quickly while you are waiting!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my dearest...you know your little man will be in my prayers tomorrow.... and thanks for the well wishes for brookie tomorrow...you are soooooooooooooo wonderful!!! Love ya girl... and let me know how everything goes tomorrow, please?? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

I hope the surgery goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted okay??? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) : ):)

Kelly Massman said...

Your son will be in my thoughts! Best of luck!

TonjiaT said...

I had to come find you to make sure you are ok!!!

I hope the surgery went well, I am sure it did. I just made a new blog, stop in and see me sometime..

http://anewleaf-tonjiat.blogspot.com/