Monday, November 29, 2010

So......do ya feel "Lucky"? Scrap It With A Song Week #33

Ya know......now that I look at that subject line I am thinking more along the lines of Dirty Harry than our featured song this week......LOL.

Welcome one and all to Scrap It With A Song!! You probably guess that the theme song has something to do with luck.  If you haven't figured it out yet you need to see me after class :) 

Our song this week comes from Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. Yup....LUCKY!!!! This one oughta be so fun!!! Lots of ways to interpret the lyrics or theme or however you choose to roll with it. Need a little inspiration? Hop on over to the blog and check out the AMAZING DT projects!! OMG...I say this every week....but this week everyone has truly outdone themselves. I love them ALL!!! And I'm sure you will too :)

And sadly we are saying goodbye to a couple of our designers this week too :(  We'll miss you Liz and Ana!!!! And of course wish you nothing but the best in whatever you do!!

Before I get carried away and go any further lets say a big hello to Angela!!  AKA Toucan Scraps!!!
She designs digital scrapbooking and craft printable kits. Her products include digi-paper packs, pdf printable scrap kits, digital scrapbooking kits, quickpages and ready to print gift boxes. Angela sells in 3 stores, and today she is offering the winner of this challenge a pack of 6 digi papers (8 x 8 inches) from her store at Stitchy Bear & I Did It Creations Crafting Boutique. And she is a SIWAS Alumni!! WOOT!!





Do you hear me?

I'm talking to you
Across the water
Across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky
Oh my, baby I'm trying

Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard


Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Ohhhohhhohhhohhohhohhhohh


They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you, I promise you I will


Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday


And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet
You'll hear the music fill the air
I'll put a flower in your hair


Though the breezes through the trees
Move so pretty, you're all I see
As the world keeps spinning round
You hold me right here right now


Geeze I hope I don't cry!!  Such sweetness!!!!

And for once I totally LOVE my LO! And while my life has certainly had a lot more downs than up lately.....I am a lucky girl!!! I have wonderful kids, a great man in my life, a roof over my head and awesome kids, great friends and the most wonderful extended family in the entire world wide web.......yup...that would be YOU!!!!:):):)  I've just decided that life is so much sweeter when we count our blessings!! 

So here is my layout...created with Cosmo Cricket all the way.......with the exception of the Coredinations cardstock whihc is made to go along with Cosmo Cricket! LOVE this stuff!! I used some bits and pieces from Early Bird and Tiny Type....LOVEEEE that stuff too!!!  So happy to see4 if pop up at my local Hobby Lobby!! Opps......wait...I did use American Crafts Remarks too:) And that photo is sweet lil ol me!!

LOVEEEEEE how it turned out!!!! The ric rac and button are just some stash goodies I've picked up here and there. Red is my fave color and I love how it pops against teh cream and the light colors of Early Bird without overwhelming it.  I might make it as a scrapper yet :) LOL

So......how lucky are ya??? Cmon over and see! The challenge will run from now until Sunday Dec 5th at 11:59pm CST.  That's 12 whole extra hours.  If for some reason Mr. Linky goes missing early feel free to leave your link in the comments section.......he has been PMSing lately so we never know when he is gonna take a notion to just run off on us! Can't wait to see what ya come up with!!!

~T~

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love that photo of you and love love love love the RED!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

The pop of red is amazing! LOVE THIS :)

Kelly Massman said...

Love your page! The colors are perfect!