Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You've Got A Friend In Me!!! Scrap It With A Song week #30 reveal :)

Is there any sweeter song in the history of kid's movies? And how many of ya'll are sick to death of Toy Story now? LOL.  I LOVEEEE the movie......haven't seen number 3 YET even tho I have it sitting in a secret hiding place because someone is getting the entire set for Christmas!!

In case you haven't figured it out yet or haven't stopped by the Scrap it With A Song blog yet (shame on you!!!!!) this weeks song is "You've Got A Friend in Me" by Randy Newman and from Toy Story numero uno! I love the song and the movie......it's definately going to be one of those classics that my kids will share with their children one day! I love that this song can be used so many different ways for this weeks challenge too!

And trust me.....you will WANT to play along this week because our sponsor, Crop Chocolate, is offering up a SWEET prize (hehehe....get it...chocolate? sweet? Ohhhhhh never mind!!!!) for the winning project.  How does Twenty Bucks in Crop Credits strike ya? I know!!! SWEET right? :):) If you have never paid them a visit you should......thier shop is amazing! Betcha thought I was gonna say "sweet" again huh? HAHA GOTCHA!!! :)


As always da rulez are easy peasy........just use the song as inspo for a layout, card, altered project.......anything you feel inspired to create as long as we can see the correlation between your project and the song....and if it's not obvious please feel free to include an explanation for those of us who are a little dense......lol...yeah that would be ME!  I am one of the queens of random so don't feel bad....I have had to explain my own creative process MANY times and more often than not I still get funny looks......lol.

So here we go.........your video for the week....

Annnnd your lyrics......

You've got a friend in me, You've got a friend in me

When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me, Yeah, you've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me, You've got a friend in me

If you got troubles I got them too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together, we can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me, Yeah, you've got a friend in me
Some other folks might be a little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too, Maybe
But none of them will ever love you
The way I do, it's me and you, boy
And as the years go by, our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny
You've got a friend in me.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! And our DT has some ADORABLE examples for you too!
 
I was really torn as to what direction to go........I finally just settled on this photo of Jesse where he was offering me a bouquet of Dum Dum's......aned I mean the candy....not his brothers........LOL.  It's such a sweet photo and one of my absolute faves.  And in my mind, when you are 4 years old (which he was when this photo was taken), the ultimate friendship gesture is to share your candy!! So here is my digital page,which I created in PSPX using a kit from StudioFlergs@scrapbookgraphics.com called Garden Whimsy.  If you are into digi let me tell ya......she is an AMAZING designer!!! I just love her stuff!! I also used a font for the song journaling called DJB Ashli....
There ya have it! Cmon over and sing along with us this week! We'd love to see what you come up with....and it couold earn you some mad money to play with at Crop Chocolate! Lucky dawgs :) And in case you didn't know, Crop Chocloate also has a Deal A Day kinda thing they do........every day something new is offered at a ridiculously low price so it really is worth your time to go check them OFTEN! And Psssssssssssst......as I type this they have the CUTEST little blingy snowflakes up for grabs from Making Memories!!! Just sayin :)
 

2 comments:

~Christina~ said...

I just adore this layout and the pic is just tooooo cute!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the soft colors! Great LO! Have you scrapped that picture before?