Saturday, January 15, 2011

!00 day challenge day 4 fave book plus some scrappy business to attend to!

TGIF! Annnnnd the kids are home for another long weekend......LOL. Its OK tho.....I am in a much better frame of mind today.  In fact, the boys and I (Brandon and Jesse) just put a batch of mint chocolate brownies in the oven!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! :)

Today is day 4 of the hundred day challenge and today's prompt is "Favorite Book" Ughhhhhhh....how do I choose?????? LOL.  I love to read.  And I have several favorite books.  I read a lot of mysteries, true crime, horror.....self help....cookbooks.....LOL.  You name it I will read it  :) 

If I am really pushed to choose it would have to be Stephen King.....the very first book of his I ever read was the 3rd park of the Gunslinger series......lol.  I was ignorant then and didn't know it was the 3rd one.....and I had found it in a bin at Goodwill for 50 cents.  Then I grabbed the others.....as much as I liked it it's not my favorite........my favorite has gotta be Green Mile.......and they also did a wonderful job turning it into a movie.  My other favorite book is the Lonesome Dove series.  Very diverse huh? LOL  I have read everything Larry McMurtry has written.

That was clear as mud huh? LOL Can't help it, one of my very few flaws (ahem....) is I am very indecisive :)

Alright.....now onto scrappy business!!  Remember a few weeks ago when I had this sketch and I totally had no idea where I had gotten it from?  I thought I had lost my mind...literally it was there one day and gone the next.  Guess the day I saw it I went ahead and used it......then saw it had went bye bye.....well, turns out I'm not crazy!!! Well not totally anyway :)  This same sketch popped up this week over at Frosted Designs as their sketch along Tuesday sketch!! But guess what........because I had probably used the sketch as a jump off point....I couldn't look at my layouts and tell  which one it was.....nothing looked like it.....LOL.  The scrap gods are messin with me!!!!!

But ya know what? I am one pretty tuff cookie and defeat does not sit well with me.  So I redid it tonight......and ya know what?? It STILL doesn't look like the sketch......LOL.  Well it does kinda , but you gotta look for it :)

Here is the sketch.....
Rather than the ornaments I went with snowflakes cuz I am just totally in love with Echo Park!! And It is KILLIN me trying to get featured on their blog.....LOL.  They do a lil thing called feature Friday......I think thats what its called.....you can submit your projects vis the facebook fan page or their blog and they pick some each week to showcase.  I bet I have submitted 6 or 7 pages......lol.  I know they are sick of me over there by now.......wanna get rid of me? FEATURE ME ON YOUR BLOG ECHO PARK!!!!

Just sayin :)  LOL

OK, here is my take......basically the same but kinda mirrored.  And this cutie is Jesse in the only snow we had last winter......we sure made up for it in the past month or so tho!!

The flakes kinda blend in because of the color of my background.  In case you didn't already figure it out this is Echo Park's Wintertime...cute huh?  Would look MAHHHHHHHVELOUS on their BLOG!!!! IMHO :) LOL

Ok, next up is the Sketchy Thursday GDT sketch for Feb.......ST is one of my fave places and now that I am not DTing I have time to play along.  Yayyyyyy!!!!  And if you think THIS sketch is cool you gotta check out the one for this week.......OMG! It ROCKS!!!!!!!  That's on my to do list for tomorrow :) 
Now ain't they just stinkin adorable? LOL  Bob and Jesse wearing their little Santa hats :)  Jesse slept in his forever.....lol.

I used MME papers from the Wonderful Winter collection, there is some basic Grey chipboard here.....and some yummy green felt Thickers.  I wasn't sure about this page at first but I'm ok with it.

So there ya have it!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend......its supposed to be warmer here....up in the 30s....WOOO HOOOO! Whoda thunk thats I'd ever call 30 degree temps warm......lol.  Brandon will be spending the night at a friends house tomorrow (which is killing my mother by the way because she wanted to come down here and spend time with him and he'd rather be with his friends) And Bob and I are heading out to Home Depot or a Salvage place (I have my fingers crossed for the salvage yard cuz there is so much AMAZING stuff there!!) to find some flooring for the boys room AND my scrap room to be!! It may even get painted this weekend!!! That is if I can ever settle on a color scheme.....told ya, I'm VERY indecisive......lol.  Maybe some thrift store shopping, dinner and then come home, chill and scrap!!!  Sunday will be a lazy day, Jacob will be with his g/f about all day, and then Monday I'm taking him to get his eyes checked and get glasses....Sarah is coming with us to help him pick em out and I'm gonna let them wander the mall while I do some shopping and we wait for his new eyeballs.  Not very interesting but I kinda enjoy lazy weekends :)

Have a goodun!!
T

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the lo's!! Those Christmas Santa hat photos are tooooooooooooooo stinkin' CUTE!!! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays my dearest!!!! And have FUN this weekend! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TonjiaT said...

Stephen King used to be so awesome!! I loved the green mile too, I couldnt wait for each little book to come out and I would rush out to buy them.

Kelly Massman said...

Great layouts! LOVE the papers you are using!

Teresa Jaye said...

sheesh, girl - your scrappin' and bloggin' like crazy!
Glad to see you having fun, you deserve it!

artfuldelight said...

Fabulous LO's especially the second one. Those photos in the Santa hat are too cute!!

Diana Waite said...

how fun are those layouts! Great job!

li-bee-ti said...

Beautiful layouts! So full of fun and details.
Thank you for playing with us at Frosted Designs and I hope you'll join us on our next challenge too.

Fern said...

Tina, both of these are too cute!!! Love the Echo Park papers and the photo of Jesse is perfect with the papers you chose for the Frosted Designs sketch!! So happy to see you play along with us!!! And the other second layout is just "stinkin adorable" Great photos!!! Have a wonderful week!!! Hugs!!!

Diana Fisher said...

Love how you did "favorite" on that one page... very cute work!!

Jeanet said...

Such a wonderful page! Loving the papers you used and the titlework!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

Keshet said...

This is really fun, love the fun photos and the whimsical design. Thanks for joining the Sketchy Thursdays fun!