Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Alrighty.......struttin some scrappiness :)

Still have the headache but REALLY wanted to get these posted before the challenges were ancient history!!! I have a bad habit of doing that ya know :)  I still ahve a half finished layout of Jacob sitting on my desk based on a Studio Calico sketch from a couple of weeks ago......oppps!!! If I wait long enough I'm sure it will fit a challegne someplace.....lol.

I didn't get nearly as much done over the weekend as I had hoped.  Most of it was spent looking for bunkbed for the older boys room since Jacob has somehow busted thru 3 of the 8 rungs under his mattress.....right now we have him somewhat supported with a sheet of plywood.  So I found a super old super sturdy REAL wood one on Craigs list for 50 bucks.  That sucker is so heavy!  The one they have now is aluminum.  I figure while we are at it we will do a major overhaul of the room and paint it as well.  So all weekend we pretty much shopped and priced stuff.

Right as I hit publish on my earlier post I got a call to come pick up Brandon from school....he's sick.  He had tubes put in his ears a motn or so back and now he is complaining about them hurting....not sure if he has an ear infection or what...he is convinced his tubes are falling out....he says it feels like he has something poking him in the ear.  So monday we are making a trip to the ENT.  Hopefully everyone 4else can stay healthy over the weekend.  Jacob is very excited because Sat he gets to do color guard at Thompson Boling Arena (thats where UT plays ball) for a monster truck thing.  So it will be a big crowd and for him this is a huge deal :)  He is doing so well and I am SO proud of him!!!!  Sometimes I forget he is just a kid......my baby is almost all grown up!!!!

I have 2 pages to share with you tonight.  First up is the January Challenge at Cosmo Cricket to scrap something about our January.  Mine is about the snow.....altho in the photo it ain't a lot of snow.....lol.  But the roads were really iced over the day I took these and the kids had a snow day.  They haven't went to school a full week since coming off of Christmas break! And we have snow in the forecast AGAIN this weekend!!! I do love winter and the snow......so long as I am well stocked with Diet Mtn Dew and coffee I and scrappy stuff, I can pretty well deal.....lol.  The kids get restless tho and I hate the fighting.  Thats the only part of them being home I don't like.  Anyway....these photos were taken right off the front step.....I used Cosmo Crickets Jolly By Golly for it......NEVER thought I'd get rid of this striped paper......LOL.  And used the sketch from A Million Memories and also threw in rthe little twist of using the colors of Pink, Blue, Green and Fuschia......

I did a fair amount of fussy cutting and added a little snow typhoon......lol.  Looks like the snoman is about to catch a wave and hang ten....not sure what I was thinking at the time.....lol.  The ribbon is also part of the Jolly By Golly collection,  the base is Coredinations that goes with Cosmo Cricket perfectly! Pink photo mat is Bazzill Basic and the snowflakes are from K and Co.

Next up is the January sketch for Bluemoon Scrapbooking.....Super cute and simple!!!

I used a couple of scraps here from Echo Parks Wintertime, Basic Grey Basic White, Bazzill Basic punched border, Jillibean Soup Christmas Sprouts, tiny flower is Sassafras Lass, Alpha is College Press Joy Ride, and I test drove my new Smootch spray!!!  LOVEEE it!! You can't see the shimmer in the photo but I totally dig it!!!  Must have ALL the colors!!!

And my fave part of this layout is the little googly eyes :):)
And you can see a bit of the smootch there too!

Hopefully my headache will go back to where it came from and I can get busy tomorrow......the end of the month is getting close!!!

Have a great night!
T

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh loving these LO's!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE snowflakes on that first one and loving the misting on the second one! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Blue Moon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Emily said...

Look at you pumping out the layouts. I wish I could get the time to scrap. Maybe when potty training is done!!!

Emily C

Kelly Massman said...

Great LOs! I love the CC one the best! So much fun!

Teresa Jaye said...

Tina, I love these layouts! The fussy cutting on the first one is perfect with the pics all at the top. On the second one, I just love that picture of Jesse. I can't believe how many different manufacturer's products you used and it came together beautifully!
Look out everybody - Tina's got smooch!