Monday, January 31, 2011

Anything Goes this week with Sketches In Thyme!

Happy Monday!!!!

Yeah I know......it's monday, why be happy??? Well, I spent the entire weekend listening to my kids attempt to kill one another.....mostly Jesse and Brandon.  It's really sad when the 6 yr old can boss the 10 yr old.  I am sitting here this morning.....all alone...in a nice quiet house and loving it!!  Bob is at the Dr this morning so I did some cleaning and my house smells bleachy fresh......floors mopped, vacuumed, a load of laundry done, counter and table clewan and reorganized, bathroom clean........it's just amaszing what you can accomplish when you don't have to stop what you are doing every five minutes to seperate little ones!!

I haven't really had a lot of creative time this weekend.  I did get a layout completed using an awesome sketch by Helen Croft/aka Scrap-A-Little.  She is posting ALL of her sketches up on facebook.  This is her newest one ands she asked if anyone used it to share with her on her facebook page....so I did! And it just so happens that over at Sketches In Thyme this week its an anything goes challenge! The only rule is you have to use a sketch and share it.....so here we go.....

Here is Helen's Sketch

I pretty much followed the sketch (ther's a shock....lol) except all of my stuff is downstairs and I am really getting sick of going up and down the darn steps when I want a picture and supplies.  So I subbed one photo for the 2 that she shows and my circle punch is hiding as well.......do your tools ever hide from you??? Whats up with that???? Kinda like the missing socks in the dryer mystery I guess. So I made do with the stickers from the kit......Oh....I used Echo park Little Boy and Sweet Summertime.....I grabbed my Echo park goodies cuz they were still in the bag I brought them home in and easy to find......lol.  Turned out ok...I loveeeee Echo Park!!!

The photo is a self  taken photo fo Jesse aned I when he was about 2 or 3.......he just looks like a stinker!!! An omen of things to come......lol.  I on the other hand always look sweet and innocent :):)
There's also a couple of Jillibean Soup journaling sprouts here and the teeny yellow alpha stickers are Cosmo Cricket tiny type.

With today being the last day of the month I really gotta get to work and see if I can make a couple of other challenges before the day is up! Thank goodness for school days!!! :)

have a great day!!!
T

5 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Really love this one! You have the scrappin' mojo--definitely!!! So cute!

isay said...

beautiful LO! love echo park, too! thanks for playing along witb us at Sketches in thyme.

Fern said...

First of all Tina, I love the new blog look!! Very pretty!!!
And now look at you, gf!! This is waaay to cute!!! The papers, the embellies, and of course the photo... Just perfect with Helen's Sketch!! So happy you played along with us this week!!! Hugs!!!

tiffany said...

great take on the sketch, Thanks for joiing us at Sketches in Thyme!
=) Tiffany

Joni Parker said...

Love how you adapted the sketch.. your layout is so fun!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!