Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In a crafty sorta mood!!!!

And we all know that crafty is better than crappy!!!

Lots n lots to share with you today.......the bug bit me at some point last night and I have just been itchin to get something done today......ahhhhhhhhhhhh but life had other plans (of course!!!!) and threw a curveball at me in the form of teenage dating drama! OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrother!!!!  I really MUST share this story tomorrow.  Seriously :)

So in between doing laundry and dealing with this I did get some scrapping and stuff done.  Hopefully tomorrow I can pull out my cricut and play around with it some!! 

Speaking of which, I gotta show you this deal!!! You know the special holiday carts that came out this year?  Well our local kroger had them in the holiday section of the store.  And right now all thier holiday stuff is marked wayyyyy down to make room for valentines stuff. So I found this Thanksgiving cartridge....pardon the poor photo quality...I am on my laptop in a dark corner of the living room
But I thought, ok....cool! I haven't scrapped any of my Thanksgiving photos yet and the word art is perfect for thank you cards and such too.....during the holidays these were $19.  Just look at this price tag!!!!!!!!
EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!! OMG!!! They didn't have any other themes tho, just the Thanksgiving ones.....danggit!!!  But I am a happy girl!! Can't wait to play with it!!!

Ok.....onto scrappy type endeavors :)

Remember me telling you about Crafty Hazelnuts blog?  She has a card making challenge that just went live Jan 1.  And her challenge each week is to make a Christmas card using whatever theme or recipe she supplies.  Very cool!! So this should give ALL of us a fighting chance to get a bit of a head start on out Christmas card making.  And lets be honest...we all have these beautiful papers that we aren't quite ready to put away and lots of scraps from our Christmas layouts that we need to put to good use.  So I dug thru some bits and pieces and came up with this......
Kinda sinple and plain but like I said, my objective was to use up some scraps.  I used bazzill basic for the base, daisy d paper and the season greetings is a die cut from something or other from Cosmo Cricket and this is all I have of it so I have no clue the name.  The felt piece is actually part of some garland we used at Christjmas to hand our cards from across the entertainment cengter.  I have a billain strands of it....it came from Dollar Tree and I thought I could also make use of it in scrapping and cardmaking.  And of course a rustic bow of jute to finish it off :)

Next up is this weeks sketch challenge from Twisted Sketches....I LOVE them!!!! They give you a sketch to run with and toss in a little twist to add to your layout. And Psssssssssst they are having a Dt call right now too!!!  Here is this weeks sketch....
Simple with lots of wiggle room for expressing your own style.  And the twist is MAP....anyway, anyhow.  Ok...I don't have any maps.......lol.  But when I think of map the first thing I think of is roadmaps.....and whats on a road map? ROADS.......DUH!!! My logic is tisted I know....so that really should count for something......lol.  So here is my take on the sketch and this is one of my FAVEEEE layouts EVER!!!!!!
Don't you just love it?!?!?!?! I am most proud of the tag.......which took as long as the rest of the layout to put together!!! Here is a closer look at it........just cuz :)

CUTE!!!!! And only my second attempt ever at making a tag.  My first attempt was pitiful.......and way back when I first started scrapping. 

I love,love, love this!!!! I used a combination of Echo Parks Little Boy and Jillibean soup.  Look how well those corragated alphas worked on this!!!! And I cut a teeny circle around the little green VW and bordered with the blue and white paper and cut another circile and used it for my "O"

One of my scrappy goals/resolutions for the year is to USE THOSE SCRAPS!!!! We all have tons of em.....and I want nwe stuff so I gotta use my old stuff to make room.  Granted this isn't old stuff....I have had it a week.....LOL.  But I love it so much that it inspired me to want to use every single bit of it.  So here is just one more tag.....lol.  Perfect for journaling on and I am thinking it will be used for a baby themed layout :)
As always, thank you SO much for looking and for all of your comments!!  They make me smile and it is SO nice to share my scrapping sickness with people who understand and don't look at me like I have a third eyeball in the center of my forehead.....lol.  They all think I am batty because I got so excited over my taggies.....of course I AM batty but for reasons other than that :)

Toodles!!
T

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You have been busy!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the card and the lo!! And that tag is FUN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deanna said...

I love your tags! I have fun making them, too. It IS a great way to use up scrap scraps! I have the same goal, to use up scraps. I want to get busy making cards for the year. A birthday creeps up on me and I don't have a card and I just kick myself the whole way down the card aisle!!! Have fun scrappin'!!!

TonjiaT said...

great work Tina!!! I can hardly wait to hear about the teenage dating drama. LOL

Hazel said...

You have been busy - love the card for my challenge - thank you for joining in x

Denise said...

Wow, the creative bug hit you hard! You got so much done and it all looks awesome!!! I totally love your layout w/ Jesse in it!! The tag rocks!

Looks like you are rocking the scraps in your stash too. GFY!!

Teresa Jaye said...

Hey Tina - been thinking about you! Looks like you've been having fun in your scrappy space! I love your "how I roll" layout - super cute! And WOW, way to score on the Cricut cart! It was good to read up on how things are going and I can't wait to hear the dating story! Glad to see you are on facebook - I'm going to send you a friend request!