Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Minds Eye Blog Challenge #19

Hello!!!

My Minds Eye has a couple of fun challenges going on right now......2 sketches, one a card and one a LO! All you ahve to do is use mostly MME products to create your project....they can be old OR new....doesn't matter so long as it is MME!!!

Right  before Christmas I got a delivery from Mr UPS man with a long forgotten order from Peachy Cheap.  Well, not LONG Forgotten, its just so much was on my mind with the holidays and hoping that everyting I had ordered for the boys would find it's way here on time.  I opened my package and oooohed and ahhhhhed over it and then put it away and had let it slip my mind yet again until I saw this challenge in my blog reader roll.  If you aren't familiar with Peachy Cheap, they are a deal of the day kinda site.  And the day I ordered my My Minds Eye goodies they were featuring 2 GIANT glitter pads for under $20!! One Christmas themed, the other Halloween themed.  And let me tell you......they are STUNNING!!!!  And I'm so glad I got to use them!!

So first up is my LO.......using this sketch

And I chose to scrap one of my older boys......since I NEVER scrap them......or so they say!!!  This is Steven and it was taken on Thanksgiving when we put up our tree :) 

It's really MUCH prettier in person!! And I made that tag too....I am a tag making fool now.....lol.  All the Papers are MME's "Wonderful Winter" The little journal circles are Jillibean Soup's journaling sprouts, the letters on the tag are College Press "Joyride" and the buttons are all from my stash, as is the embriodery  floss, altho if I had to guess I'd say it is DMC.

So, one of my big things this year is to USE MY SCRAPS/STASH!!  Part of them were used making the tag on the LO.  The rest was used to make a card for the card sketch challenge.....

Here is my take...

Lighting is terrible and I apologize for that.....I made the pleated flower and the glittered tree is just part of a really inexpensive batch of ornamentws I bought at Walgreens to attach to cards and gifts this year..  All the papers are scraps from the above LO :)

I'm really enjoying the challenge of using up my scraps!!

Thanks for looking!
T

No comments: