Thursday, January 27, 2011

Say what???? I scrapped????

It's true!!!

I ventured into my future girl cave today and dug thru some scrapping supplies and brought them up so I could play......considering the state of that room let me tell ya, that was NO easy feat!!!  But I just couldn't deal any longer...I needed my paper and glue!!! I was goin wackooooo!!!! I got a couple of pages done for challenges and I will share those with you in a minute.......

Back to my girl cave.....guys call their "happy place" a man cave, so mine is my girl cave....NO BOYS ALLOWED!!!! Actually I may call it my scrap cave...which sounds  very similar to the "Bat Cave" and sounds kinda cool too.......yeah I know....Tina, you're a dork!!  That room is a mess....seriously!!! I'm hoping to wave my magic wand around and do some work to make it FABULOUSSSS DAHLING!!!! At one time long ago Bob and his mother rented it as an apartment ....when we moved in we let the boys have it as their bedroom.  It has a small kitchen area and a bedroom.....that's it. And with the boys being boys....well, to be honest it's gross....teenage boys are slobs and it looks like a frat house.....a nasty one!!! So last weekend we moved them up here and I decided I'd move my stuff down there.  Boyyyyy have I got my work cut out for me!!  I'm almost embarrassed to show these photos but I know when I get it completed and it's beautiful I will be glad to have the before shots.  Here is all of my scrap stuff boxed, stacked, piled, bagged.....you name it....
And of course  the kids think now they can just come in and throw all the junk in our house down here....so there is also wrapping paper and a booster seat in this shot....

Pitiful huh? Just wait......one day.....:)

And I gotta show you some of my junk finds too......I am gonna redo these and use them in this room :) I am super excited because I have really been doing my homework and visiting home DYI bogs and knock off decor sites.....so we'll see......I figure this stuff was free so if I mess it up....oh well :)  I found all of this the other day while on the way home with the boys.....I had seen the first piece and actually thought it was a bookcase headboard.  Turns out it appears to be a hutch or shelves from a desk or something....or maybe a bookshelf for a midget.  But I think it has potential!!
Up next I found this table/lamp.....I haven't even plugged it up to see if it works yet. If it doesn't I'm OK with that.....Bob can rewire...he needs something to do.....lol. 
Pretty rough shape....
But still.....I see potential :)

And lastly...

Yeah, I'm aware there is something terribly wrong with me....lol.  Just something new I wanna try.....and it was headed to the trash anyway so why not???

OK......I know I gotta be boring you.  On to the scrap!!!! FINALLY!!!

First up is the sketch challenge over at my pals, The Design Dollies......they have a whole new way of doing the challenges this year...rather than 3 challenges a week PLUS a chance with the trifecta, they are doing the color challenge one week, then the element challenge, then the sketch challenge and finally, the coveted trifecta, which combines all the challenges into one layout. Very cool!! And easier for a bird brain like me to keep track off.....thank you for that Dollies :)

Here is the sketch.....I saw it and my head about exploded cuz we all know I have white space issues....
But check it out...I DID IT!!!!! WOOT!!! I combined Echo Parks, Life is Good and Sweet Summertime.
Titled Love In Bloom and this is Jesse and Brianna.....she looks cute but is a stinker buddy!!! She had a HUGE crush on Jesse, in this photo he was 4 and she was 3.  This one was take at VBS at our church and these 2 got in trouble several times for hugging and kissing.....lol.  It starts early doesn't it??  I'm just glad she isn't my daughter or I'd have to lock her up til she was 30!!!  They moved away so I don't have to worry about her being a bad influence on my baby any longer......lol.  This picture is sweet tho...and he absolutely hates it......lol.  Says he doesn't like girls but this photo says something different!!!

This one also works for the challenge this week over at Creative Prompts 4 You...Merry Go Round Of Color.....you will never find more color than in an Echo Park kit!!

Next up is this sketch 222 from Pencil Lines.
And I let Bob pick the photo and of course he chose the one with cleavage......lol. MEN!!!

And I LOVEEEEE the pink and brown together!!!  this one is Echo park's Life Is Good. 
There ya have it....my day in a nutshell :)

I may have another layout in me for tomorrow....we'll see :)

Y'all have a a great night!!
Tina

8 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous layout Tina! Great use of the colours in the photo. Thanks for playing along with us this month! Good luck!

Ally.
http://creativeprompts4u.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

Good luck with your cave....lol. I have had mine a while and I have still not got it setup "just right". Your layouts came out darling! Great job.

Teresa Jaye said...

lovin' both of these layouts, Tina. I can't believe you were able to do them with your stuff all in a mess! It's so exciting to think about a new scrap space - can't wait to watch it evolve!

TonjiaT said...

I think your scrap cave is going to be awesome!!!

you will get it all organized, eventually. Love the little note you wrote on your layout with you and Bob. you two are survivors...

wendipooh13 said...

such a sweet page and love the mix of the EP lines!!! thanks soo much for playing with the Dollies!!! :)

KarenB said...

Hey Tina, good luck with your scrap cave, what a fab project!! I love your furniture finds.

Your LO's rock :) I'm a huge EP fan too xx

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

I love looking at all your treasures! and you did a fantastic job on your scrapebook pages. I agree with you, I love the combination of pink and brown :D

Scrapamum said...

Gotta love a girl cave!!! : )
Love your take on the Dollies sketch. Me loves the Echo Park ; )

Thanks for playing with the Dollies!!!
Andrea