Monday, January 10, 2011

Woo Hoo I am in the scrap zone baby!!!!

Hello everyone! Is it cold and snowy where you are?  The kids got lucky (me not so lucky...lol) and got the nday off today due to the weather.  We had about 3 inches of snow last night and it snowed a bit on and off all day today and we are expecting another batch to hit us tonight....possibly with freezing rain...YUCK! But, the kids are out tomorrow as well so at least I don't have to get up early or go anywhere.  Altho after today I am wondering if it is quite a fair trade off.  They have been fighting and griping and whining all day.  I am so over it!  I just want a laid back quiet day!

I went into high scrap gear today and completed 3 layouts!! GO ME!!!

But first I need to show you a new photo of little baby Nevaeh! I'm tellin ya, I can not WAIT to scrap this little princess!!! Just look at this bow .......LOL
It's bigger than she is!!! CUTE!!!! I love this photo....reminds me of a little doll, she almost doesn't seem real :) Isn't she just the sweetest?
And here is one after her first bath....
And she's smiling!!!! LOL :):):) Love, love, love her!! I can almost smell the baby powder :) Awwwww!!!

Ok.......enough baby love :):) I got loads of scrappy goodness to show you! 

First up is the latest sketch at Scrapbook Challenges.  They have had some awesome ones lately!!  And this one was no different :)

Here's my take using something different......aren't you glad? LOL I chose to use Cosmo Cricket's Joy Ride.  this kit is sooooo fun!!!! This photo was the first day of school this school year and the incredible line of traffic to pick up students.  They have a system that usually works really well, but I'm guessing that people either forget it over the summer or we had lots of knew students this year.  This was the line once I got close enough to actually see the teachers...
The little truck is from Echo park.....you already know which one......lol.  I also used Cosmos Cricketg tiny Type in yellow, and AC Thickers (see Kelly I told you we had the same ones!!)  I just love the bright and bold colors of this paper!

Next I have a Sketch from Sketchy Thursdays combines with the Design Dollies Color Challenge.  I'd been wondering where the Dollies were hiding!! I was fixin to paste thier faces on a milk carton when lo and behold, they posted the challenge today!!! Head over there and say hey and meet the new DT!! And they have changed up the way they do challenges as well, just one a week now......but a different one every week.  Makes it easier for us FlyLady dropouts........lol.  Thier color cobo this week is Red, White, Blue and Kraft.......and this is the ST sketch :)
How cool!! I honestly did try really hard to stay with the sketch...but I hit a speed bump and went a litle embellie happy......lol.  Couldn't help it, I loved the Joy Ride Papers!!! And I was being a good, frugal scrapper.......my photo mats are actually the cover sheet from a pack of Basic Grey.  I just flipped it over and used the white side.  And i used lots of the little salvage edge bits to frame out the layout and toss willy nilly onto my page.......you know how I hate white space.....lol.

Also added AC Thickers to this one :)  These photos were also taken on the first day of school.....after the traffic mess.....lol.  I was going to punch out those circles but I can't find my stupid circle punch......so I just chopped em out and tossed em on. 

This page also works for Lasting Memories layout Challenge Blog's challenge to show your style.  Well, my style is bold and bright and fun.......I have all boys so you will rarely find me using subdued colors. I'm not afraid of color....obviously......lol.

And Finally!!! Last but not least, I have Pencil Lines sketch 220!  This is another one that as soon as I saw it I knew it was totally me!!!A sketch with really nice clean lines and lots of room for embellishing.  Thier sketch used 5 photos.....and I really thought I had 5 photos cut but one just went poof on me....I hate that!!!!  So I made do and made it work.,....lol.  And this is another TOTALLY cute boy themed kit.  Orbit by Crate Paper.  This is my first CP purchase and I love the texture on these papers!  I added Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type for my journaling and used a ton of pop dots to try to give this some dimension.  I still LOVE how it turned out....and love the colors too :) And this kit is SO Jesse and works perfectly with the photos! And its the first page where I have gotten more than 3 photos on it.....LOL.  GO ME!!

The sketch:
My page :)

I LOVE the photos too!!! Check out the dirty feet.....lol.  He cracks up laughing everytime he sees that photo :) He is such a cutie.....I don't want him to ever grow up!!!!! I want him to be like this forever :)

Have I killed ya? LOL.  I'm done for tonight....posting anyway.  I never got around to doing cards last night so since there is no school tomorrow I think I may stay up and either do a few or scrap some more......once the mojo gets flowing I don't wanna stop cuz I'm afraid it will all disappear!!

Ya'll keep warm and have a great night!!
Hugs n stuff :)
T

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Girlllllllllllllllllll...you have been busy!! I love love love these!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! Thanks love for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!! And how stinkin' PRECIOUS is your niece?!?!?!? LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE those photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

glassgraffitix2 said...

Your layouts are terrific!!! WOW!!! Never did that much in one day, Bravo. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

KarenB said...

First, your little niece is just the sweetest thing ever - and what a beautiful name too :)

And your Dollies LO... just delicious!! Are you sure you couldn't fit any more on there? I can still see the kraft base cardstock, LOL!! I love it!!

karenw said...

Wow - have you ever been busy!! and they are all so fab, ahh a productive scrappy day - is there anything better??

Lovin' your dollies LO, need to get me some of that cosmo yumminess! Thanks for playing with us!

And your niece is just gorgeous, sigh love little babies. x

Karen Wilson said...

Wow, you go girl! Great job on those layouts and LOVE those pics! Baby is gorgeous!!!!!

Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and hope to see you again!

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

You have been on a roll. Your style is great and loving all your layouts and pictures. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Hugs Ali x

Kelly Massman said...

Geez! You are on a roll! Great layouts--every one! And, yes I see we have the same Thickers (I'm thinking you mean me)! :-) How funny to see you talking to me in your blog post!

Sue said...

My gosh Tina. I'm glad you found your scrappin mojo. All of your layouts are great. I love your style. It is perfect for all of your boy layouts. I can't wait to see some girls pages from you. Your niece is just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Jeanet said...

Wow, these are all beautiful! Loving the colors and every design!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Scrapamum said...

Tina!!!!! Wowzers you have been busy! Your little niece is adorable!!!!
Love all of the layouts you did. Your Dollies layout is perfect! Love that you used Cosmo Cricket!!!
Thanks for playing along with the Dollies!!!

Andrea

Keshet said...

Very fun! Love how you used the Cosmo line! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

Lauren said...

WOW, these are some awesome layouts! I love each and every one! The baby is so sweet! She looks like a doll with the huge bow on her head! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! We hope you will join us again soon!
Lauren

Big Red Scraps said...

Great layouts! I can certainly see your style, wonderful job! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories.