Monday, February 14, 2011

FINALLY!! It's finished!!!

I had the hardest time just trying to carve out time to journal on this LO.....I made it for Jacob and his g/f  Sarah....my Valentines gift to them :) But it's staying here in my album....LOL.  I'm just awful ain't I?  He can have it when I die, maybe.....maybe I will take my scraps with me :)

Honestly I had a lot of fun putting this together.  I don't often get to use girly ribbons and such.  I had hoped the Echo Park "Be Mine" kit would have found it's way to me by now but no such luck....I ordered over a week ago and it hasn't even shipped yet.....wahhhhhhhh!!!

I'm thinkin this one fits quite a few challenges at the moment so lets get rolling shall we?

It all starts with this sketch :
Inspired Blueprints # 65
This is a paper page so obviously I didn't really use the digi template....it just happens to be the photo I saved to my hard drive.....but they are the same!! LOL

Y'all know how I get with a sketch sometimes......I start off with good intentions and then veer off wayyy into left field.....lol.  Welp, this is one of those times :) But look how pretty it turned out!!!!


LOVEEEEEE it!!!!! I used mostly Echo Park "Life is Good".  I do have a bit of basic grey added, also used Smootch Spray on the doily, and the beautiful pink ribbon came from a el cheapo grab bag I bought at Hobby Lobby for 2 bucks......it reminds me of the AC ribbon (swoon) I also have a strip of lace under it...also from that same grab bag! Buttons are from my stash and they are on chipboard hearts that are covered with Echo Park paper and inked with Stampabilites cocoa ink.

Entering in the following challenges out in blog land :)
1. Inspired Blueprints Sketch #65
2.Lasting Memories Layout Challenge: Red/White and or pink.  (the smootch was red I swear....but it looks more pink here in the photo.....I also journaled in red ink....lol...I'll show ya :)


3.Scrap and Stamp Saturdays Show some love!!
4.If the Shoe Fits SCRAP IT! Use glitter (its on the basic grey sticker....its in the photo above but you can't tell much) Hearts and lace
5.Valentines Day Love Photo Challenge; Scrap 2 people in love BUT you can't be one of them!!
6. Do You Stack Up? Ribbon

Thanks for lookin!!
And Happy Valentines day!!!
Tina

19 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Tina

Gorgeous layout, great take on the sketch. Loving the ribbon, amazing what you can find. Thank you so much for sharing at Lasting Memories and hope you can join us again.

Hugs Ali x

tiffany said...

wow- gorgeous layout, love all your layers of yumminess! Thanks for joining in the challenge at lasting Memories! =)Tiffany DT

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY SMOKES!! You rocked it!! I loveeeeeeee this!! I love love love love that trim and the buttons!! And hehehehehehehe... maybe we should re-write our wills to make sure we get buried with our scraps??? LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

glassgraffitix2 said...

THIS IS LOVELY! By the way HAPPY VALENTINE'S to you also! Love your take on the sketch!

glassgraffitix2 said...

Oh Tina, I forgot to tell you Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! (I'll get this computer thing one of these days, LOL) (little old lady)

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Teena! This is GORGEOUS! Love that ribbon and LOL on showing us your red journaling! You rocked the sketch AND the color challenge! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and good luck with all the draws!

Denise and Louise said...

Gorgeous layout and I adore that pink ribbon. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

WencheP said...

Supercute! Absolutely love it! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Miranda said...

great scraplayouts Tina, lovely details
thanks for joining us at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

sollie said...

Lovely layout!!! Thanks for playing with us at SAS.
xxx, Isolde

princesskitten said...

oh wow - did you go mad there - love it

kitten DYSU team

Janna said...

Hi Tina! Your LO is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at DYSU! Janna

lesleyworth said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! fabulous use of the sketch, you have created one amazing LO! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Lauren said...

This is so cute! I love the buttons shaped like a heart! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories!

Sue said...

You are too funny Tina. Sorry that your new Echo Park papers didn't arrive in time, but the Life is Good papers are PERFECT. Great job with the buttons, doily and ribbon. The page is awesome. Guess the kids will have to visit often to see their pages. I feel the same. So nice to see you joining us at Lasting Memories.

Kristie said...

Awesome page!!! I love what you did with all of the buttons. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Ashley said...

OMG! I LOOOOVE all the embellies you put on this layout! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories!

~Ashley

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Teena!!

Just wanted to remind you that we had blog candy AND a sponsor on our Lasting Memories blog and you should REALLY chk it out :)

http://kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-26-reduce-re-use-recycle.html

As well as Ashley's blog!

http://proudusmcwife415.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-candy-winner.html

Lisa aka scrappychik said...

STUNNING layout!!! I love everything about it...that ribbon and the sprayed doily...AWESOME! Congrats on being a winner at Scrap & Stamp :)