Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Gettin Picky"

Forgive me if I seem a little grumpy today.........I had most all of this blog post completed earlier and I hit "something" and it all went POOF! So at the moment I am slightly aggravated!! And battling a migraine the past 2 days AND family drama added on top of that.......well, I'm sorry, but my give a damn is busted at the moment!!!!

I am feeling better tho......still twinges of the headache, it's at that point where it can go either way.  Its kinda lingering around to let me know who's boss I guess.  But the fact that I am out of  bed and dressed is huge.....so take that stupid headache!!!! (sticks out tongue!)

I have a couple of challenges combined here to share with you today! I have actually had this page completed for about 4 days.....I figured I'd better hurry up and get it posted before I miss the challenge deadline!

Over at Leading The Craftastic Life they have 4 challenges up for the month.....you can choose to do one or all of them...totally your choice! So I am running with the Sketch challenge and the shopping list challenge :))

The sketch this time around is from the uber talented Becky Fleck! And I LOVEEEEE it!! So fun!


The other part of this challenge that I decided to tackle was the shopping list!!! I'm a girl.....of course I love to shop!!! They give you a "shopping list" of things to incorporate into your layout.....really fun stuff and you only have to pick 3 out of this longgggggggggggg list!!!

Layout Shopping List

Use at least 3 of the following items in a LO.
~ 1 LARGE Photo GOT IT!!
~ 2+ Buttons
~ Circles GOT IT!!
~ Color Pink GOT IT!!
~ Border Punches
~ 3+ Pattern Papers GOT IT!!
~ 2+ Chipboard Pieces
~ Charm  I'm charming....does that count? LOL
~ Stamp
~ Bling
~ Handmade Embellishment


So that gave me 4 things from the list :)

Now......hold on a sec, cuz over at Get Picky comes the January inspiration challenge :) The new one will be going up in just a few days so I am really cutting it close!  The challenge is to draw inpsiration from the song "Forever Young".  Pretty easy for me considering that even tho I am getting older I haven't grown up on single bit.....lol. 

So, we throw all that into my handy dandy mixer upper and TADA!!!!! It comes ojut looking like this.....

I dot doodled my circles.....I added the first one at the top just like the sketch and I decided I liked the white paint pen against the dark chocolate Bazzill Cardstock so I went doodle dot circle crazy :):) And can you guess what I used??

All together now.....

ECHO PARK!!!!! Lord help them if they ever announce a DT call cuz I will bug the daylights out of em.....lol.  This is all from the "Life Is Good " collection and I also threw in some Thckers to mix the title work up a bit.  I think my fave thing about Echo Park is you get 3 alphas with every kit....that is AMAZING and makes it so fun......and I used all 3 here.....lol.

There ya have it!  As always, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the comments and the friendships I've made via this blog :)  Ya'll keep me going!!! I'm hoping for some more crafty time tomorrow BUT we are expecting snow and there is a good possiblity that the kids will be here driving me bonkers tomorrow.

Hope you all are safe and warm whereever you may be! Hugs n stuff :)
Tina

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh sorry bout your bad day! i love love love love that lo...that photo of you is BEAUTIFUL and loveeeeeeeeeeee all the EP!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TonjiaT said...

hope you are feeling better Tina. Glad to see you back online!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a pretty layout, and looks like fun too!

Kristin said...

Oh I LOVE your LO way to go!

Christine said...

It's a gorgeous page Tina! I'm glad you're feeling better too!