Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to MEEE! And Sketchy Thursday's 2/10 sketch challenge

Hello everyone!

Well??? Be honest with me.....do I look any older? LOL.  Today is my birthday!! And I am really just totally overwhelmed and moved by all of the birthday wishes via email, facebook, my groups, the scrap forums I belong to.....all I can say is WOW!! I am really, REALLY touched! And this has been a really great day too!!!!  I had lots of quiet time today.....since my car is broke down Bob is taking the kids to school and picking them up....he did some running today to get parts and such, HOPEFULLY I will have my wheels back tomorrow!!! So I just kinda chilled, surfed the net, made myself a cake.....lol, did a little scrapping and a little cleaning.

My youngest gsave me a free donut from krispy Kreme for my bday.....if you have one near you, they were giving out free donut coupons with every dozen donuts....I have a stack of them and Jesse filled one out and gave it to me this morning.....yup....gave me my own donut coupon.......LOL.  He was just soooooo sweet tho!!! All hugs and kisses :) Just adorable! Bob and I went iut early in the month to cdelbrate while we had money...good thing too cuz this car is breaking us.  He still felt bad he didn't get me something else tho.  I told him it's ok...I'll get it out of him when I find what I want.....LOL.  The kids were all well behaved....that NEVER happens!!!   Really just a nice laid back day with no pressure.....gotta LOVE that!!!

I got happy mail today from Kristine at Creative Scrappers for something I won a while back....she truly spoiled me!! GORGEOUS Prima crochet bits!!!! And flowers!! And stamps, Diecuts!! I can't WAIT to dig into it!!!  And I got a package today from Pebbles....the ENTIRE Treehouse Collection!! And when i say entire.......I mean ALL OF IT!!!  Paper, chipboard alphas, lots of awesome rubons, stickers, blendable chalk!!! LOVELOVELOVE it!!! Perfect for little boy scrappin!!!

Ohhhhhh and my sweet friend LeAnn, who lives in NC sent me a bath and Body Works gift card!!! LeAnn , sweety I just love you!!!! Last year she gave me the most beautiful little Crystal heart photo holders, she is an AWESOME shopper.....LOL.  LeAnn I am gonna have a hard time picking out what I want!!

So yeah ...today has been GREAT! Several  more of these kinda days and I may not need medication.....lol.

I decided to tackle this weeks Sketchy Thursday challenge today! I loved the sketch....as I do most all of them!
I decided to scrap Jacob again today.....he is soo gonna have a big ol head now.....lol.  BTW......he and Sarah LOVED thier page yesterday so TY for all the comments......I cracked up when I read Teresa's on facebook about me using pink.....lol.  I dunno WHAT came over me!!! :)  I'm back to boy lookin stuff today tho! 

I really didn'tr like it much until I added my title work and all the tiny type letters.  Then it came together for me.  This kid is not only growing like a weed but has matured so much, seemingly overnight! he's in NJROTC and is class commander, Color Guard Commander, PT leader.......and expert candy salesman.....lol.  I am just so proud of him...PLUS his lowest grade this semester was a B!!  GO JACOB!!

I just titled this Be U(you) and listed spome of the qualites I love and admire about him......and hopefully no matter what he will always remember where he came from and still be true to himself.  If you're true to yourself everything else will fall in to place.

Here are a couple of closeups....
Doncha love those blue eyes? :)

The background paper is from Creative Imaginations.......no clue what it's called but its cool.....lol.  The other papers are GCD studios, the chipbaord borders are Creative Imaginations, Alphas are Thickers and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type and I have no clue where that flair thing is from either......it came together ok....pretty cool for a teen boy page I think :)

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to show off my new goodies in a creation of some sort!!! I may even start playing with them right NOW!!!

Ya'll have a great night!
Tina!

11 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Sounds like a fabulous and quite fun birthday! Love your doughnut coupon antecdote! Take care!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY girl!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I love love love love love love that lo!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the colors and loving those photos!!! GORGEOUS!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Silly me....lol... I forgot to thank you for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays and loving all the happy mail and DONUTS you got! Woooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Lady. I thought I got robbed being born on mothers day, the day after v-day sucks pretty bad to. Tax time is soon so you might want to wait until then to ask for your gift (or 6 lol).

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [16 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Diana Joy said...

Fabulous use of the sketch...I love your layout and the colors. Happy Belated birthday.

lisa said...

Great teen page : )

Jeanet said...

Gorgeous page! Loving the colors and the tiny types! Happy birthday!!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays

TonjiaT said...

Happy Birthday a day late! I didnt even get online yesterday, so I didnt see your birthday on facebook. SO HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad you had a good day, dont you just love birthdays?

Keshet said...

What a great boy page! Love the purple! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

Teresa Jaye said...

Oh, this layout is COOL!
(I loved your pink layout, but you scared me there girl!)
Jacob is rockin' and so is this layout.
Glad you had a happy day!