Monday, February 7, 2011

Ohhhhh Blog I have missed you so!!!!!

What's it been? A year? Two?

Really??? Less than a week????

Time is different in that vast area of nothingness, also known as my brain!!! Seriously, seems like forever!! Our modem crapped out last week.  We have had lots of trouble with our internet service lately and of course when you call them they always tell you "Its static in your phone line!" I went thru and made sure we had those phone filter things on every phone in the house since we use DSL.  Everytime someone would get on the phone it would knock us offline and we'd have to manually reset the modem, then the router and sometimes even the main computer it's all hooked up too.  I have teenagers in my house so you can imagine how tiresome this gets everytime someone gets on the stupid phone!!! Then finally it just up and croaked on Wednesday night.

Dead....Finished....Kaput!!

Then the fun of trying to get ahold of a real live human at customer service.  I went thru this automated barrage of questions when it finally told me, after about 10 minutes.......and I am NOT kidding here......

"You can access our online diagnostic center at "blahblahdotcom"

HELLO!!!! I can't access the internet!!!!!!

Yes I swore......a lot!!!

Then paid $5 extra shipping to have the modem overnighted. That was on a wednesday and we got the modem on friday....yeah thanks so much ATT!!!

So here I am......back and griping and complaining......lol.  I did get my house in order tho....amazing how much cleaning one can do without the call of facebook :) 

I've finished up a couple of projects and I will be sharing them over the next few days.  Tonight I give you Sketchy Thursday !! And apparently a couple of folks who play along have an opportunity to have their work published in GingerScraps magazine! I already loved the sketch so playing along was a given for me this week....the publication opportunity is merely icing on the cake......there are lots of "way more talented than me scrappers" out there, BUT you don't know if you don't try right???

So here is this weeks sketch
Cute! Cute! Cute!!!

I went with some photos of Jesse from the pumpkin carving we did on Halloween because this kid just has some of the most hilarious facial expressions!! It's all the time....he just cracks me up :)
I used my Jillibean goodies.....the letters, sprouts from Monster Stew and papers from new England Chowder.  Added the chipboard arrows cuz I didn't like the empty space behind the "ex" part of my title, inked them with Stampabilites Cocoa Pigment Ink, same with the solid brown paper....which is actually the flip side of one of the Jillibean papers.  Just inked it up because the title was kinda getting lost in the arrows.

And lookie here.....
Thats my homemade version of the new Blossoms!!! I love how it turned out!!!  Thats a fabric covered brad from Making Memories in the center......soooooo cute!!!!

Thanks for looking!!! And It's great to be back!!!!!
Tina!!

8 comments:

Teresa Jaye said...

well, we're glad you're back!
This layout is AWESOME, girl!
That title is amazing, the pics are adorable and your paper choices are fabulous!

Heather said...

What an adorable LO. The last minute arrows are PERFECT! Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love that lo girl! Those photos are soooooooooooo fun and loving that twine flower and the title work ROCKS!! Sorry about the modem problems... never a dull moment.. isn't that what we were told?!?!? LOL!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

This is fantastic!!! I have been offline for over 2 months with family issues...I sooo missed your posts :) :) :)

I LOVE the blossom in the bottom pic..did I miss you posting another place how to make them...inquiring minds ya know LOL

K-E Kreations said...

Love the LO!

That's so funny - I always wonder who's making those messages when you call the electric company to report power out & they tell you to find more info on their website, too. Hello???

Kelly Massman said...

LOVE it! How fun! You picked the perfect embellies!

Jackie said...

I <3<3<3 this LO! So fun!!!

Jill Yegerlehner said...

Cute layout - love the title! Thanks for sharing!

Jill Yegerlehner
Jillibean Soup