Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sketches in Thyme Open Challenge!

Hello friends! Hope this Sunday is treating you well!  I'm having a seriously BLAH kinda day.........been rainy and overcast ALL DAY and I can't get decent photos of my projects to share.....GRRRRRRR!!! And my neck is giving me fits. Severe pain and I can barely turn it.  I'm hoping its just the damp weather getting into my old bones, but I did have a discectomy a few years back that I have never fully recovered from and I don't relish the thought of having another one anytime soon!! So keep your fingers crossed for me and say a little prayer that tomorrow I will be good as new and back to my mischievous self!!

Do any of you "Pinterest"? I finally moved up on the wsaiting lsit and got my invite last night.  Was SOOOOO excited!! And now I can't figure out how to use it....LOL.  It keeps telling me there SHOULD be this little pin thingy that I can just drag and drop to that will be on my toolbar....only it's not. So if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it!!!! And if you want or need and invite I have 5 of them I can share :)

Another quickie question regarding SCAL or sure cuts a lot........I saw on the website that you can do a trial download and test the software for 15 days.  A couple of others offer the free trials also BUT they will print a watermark on your cuts.....I'm not using cricut pens so maybe I can bypass that.....I dunno......anyone have any experience with the trial versions of any of the stuff that works with cricut or other cutting machines?  I have had fun just goofing off with my cricut BUT I own like 2 or 3 carts.  So I am kinda limited.  I figure if nothing else being able to use SCAL to cut fonts would be well worth it!!

Okie Dokie.....enough of the Q & A session :) 

I am several days late for the Crate paper sketch challenge......story of my life.  I had it finished but just photographed it yesterday.  Life needs to slow down a bit, it's totally impeding on my scrap life!!! But all is not lost cuz Sketches In Thyme is having an Open Challenge this week!! Just use a sketch.....how easy is that? Even I can't screw this one up......lol. So, I chose to use the Crate Paper sketch...
This one screamed fun to me.  What? Inanimate objects don't scream at you???? Hmmmm...maybe I oughta get that checked out!!!  So I dug back thru some photos and found a couple of Jesse that are just precious.  My mom had given him a couple of giant lollipops for Christmas.  And he was in heaven! What little boy doesn't love candy?  Poor fella was kinda overwhelmed....lol.  And of course I used ALL Crate Paper goodies to scrap these.....even the alphas....which I didn't realize til a bit ago. With a small addition of some Echo Park tiny alphas.

Colors are way more colorful then they appear! I wanted to add some really cute embellies and didn't have anything to quite match so I added some buttons and made some lolli flowers....I think they work perfectly! And I needed a break from pink.....lol.

But speaking of pink.......I have a little soemthing I am adding finishing touches to that I will share tomorrow! A little something different for me but I am loving how it is coming along.......some of you have already gotten a little sneaky of it on facebook....and I am hoping the weather will cooperate with me and I can get some photos that can do it justice!! Cmon back tomorrow and take a peek!!!

5 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I've been using SCAL for a year now and do not regret the purchase. I only own the 2 carts that came with my cricut, so I depend on SCAL quite a bit. Unless I'm mistaken, the trial versions will cut a line through your design...something to check on. I hear good things about Make the Cut also.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hope you feel better soon... I hate a sore neck! I love love love love love love the lo!! Those photos are soooooooooo cute cute cute!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Dawnll said...

Oh I love this great layout and the great details you showed.
Wonderful job sweetie.
Crossing my fingers everything goes well and your feeling great soon.
Thank you for joining us this week at
sketches In Thyme
Hope you come back real soon.

Joni Parker said...

For not feeling well, you certainly still have a fun sense of humor!! Love Love this layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!! Hope you feel better soon!

Fern said...

Tina, this is soo cute!! Looks like the suckers are just about as big as Jesse!! lol The papers are so fun and I love the lolli flowers and buttons!!

If been looking into getting SCAL, too, but I know nothing about it... No help here!! Hope you are feeling better!!! Hugs!!!