Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tuesday Take with Sketches In Thyme!

Before I share my project with y'all tonight I gotta point at a couple of new badges over on my sidebar!!! See em? Remember my oh so pink, ruffly, ribbony page I made of Jacob and his g/f Sarah?
Yeahhhhhh that one!! The one that had MANY of you asking me if I was ill!!!! Well, I was really unsure of this page.....with 5 boys I seldom get a chance to this kind of scrapping.  Apparently I did OK cuz I got a top 3 nod over at If The Shoe Fits and actually won (EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!) last week at Lasting
Memories!! WOWZERZ!!!!!  I dunno what to say!!! My boys are scared to death now......."Noooooooo Mom is gonna try to scrap us in girl stuff!!! DUDDDDDDDE RUNNNNNNN!!!  And having Echo Park's "Be Mine" collection layout out in plain sight probably isn't doing a lot to ease their fears.....lol.  Poor guys :)

Just had to share that bit of excitement with ya.......since, as a rule, I don't do pink.  I won't even wear pink!!  So, I am not boasting or bragging about my challenge wins.....more like, expressing my shock.....lol:)

Now that I have expressed my sincere dislike for the color pink...........I wanna show y'all my creation for Sketches in Thymes tuesday take this week.......just a simple card :)  I'm not really a card maker either but I was dying to break into my new scrap goodies.......and guess what? It's PINK!!!!! LOL......what is wrong with me??????? 

Here's the sketch :)
And here it is....in all of its PINK and black glory.......

Pardon the crappy photo....its on my entertainment center.....lol. 

Now let me say this......I LOVE this "Be Mine" stuff from Echo Park! It is truly drool worthy! Even the pink.....yeah I really did just say that....I'm shocked too.......lol.   I think it's the shabby chic feel it has.....and I actually rather like this card too.  I know........my reputation is in jeopardy.....sighhhhh. 
Other than the EP papers and the sticker I used.....I used black ink from stampabilities to ink up the edges of the card and papers, ric rac is from my stash and more likely than not came from good ol Hobby Lobby, the tiny little pink brad looking things are candy dots from Pebbles, and I gave it a spray of  Shimmer Spritz from Tsukineko.....this stuff is the coolest stuff on the planet!! You don't know how badly I wanna spray everything I see down with it!! Here is a close up of its shimmery splendor ...

I don't think its showing up here......close up its really pretty.....and in person its downright beautiful.  Everyone who has seen it asks me where I found this type of fine glitter that wont rub off on your hands. :) 

I'm hopeless huh? LOL

Well, I thank you for checkin in with me today.  I am going to have a tutorial up for the flowers I did on my last post within the next few days and I MIGHT have another "Be Mine" project to share tomorrow!!

Hugs and enjoy your night!
Tina

9 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, pink always works for me!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAYYYYYYYYYY on the win! That is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeee that card too!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TonjiaT said...

congrats Tina!!!!!! I dont do pink either, but you have a knack and can make it look good.

Kelly Massman said...

Congrats on your award-that is such a beautiful page-it deserves it!!!
Also love your card! I only have one boy, but I always try to get in pink anytime I can... :-)

Mandy said...

Yaaayyyy the pink bugs gocha lol.
Gorgeous card hun and congrats on your wins
hugs Mandy xx

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [25 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Samantha Sibbet said...

Congrats on the wins!!! It is a beautiful lay out and that ribbon is amazing, use it with boys!!! Who cares , right? Isay use what you love!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Fern said...

Congratulations on the win!!!! I love your card, it's beautiful!! You need to do more of them!!! Have a great weekend!!! Hugs!!

Tanya R said...

Gorgeous! Yes, the card is fantastic. Thank you for playing with Tuesday Takes @ SIT.
Hugs
Tanya