Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ain't life grand? (And a Sketchy Thursday LO!!)

Helloooo and Happy Saturday!!!  I truly hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!  It's raining here......again! But hopefully we won't have a repeat of the flooding situation that we had earlier in the week! And even if we do.....I'm in for the day and am gonna play with my scrappy stuff and chill! So rain all ya want...I'm good!!!! 

And I am not being sarcastic with my "Ain't life grand" LOL.  Just feeling really good today and in a really good frame of mind! Must be all of that retail therapy :):)  Steven and I just got home......he needed new shoes so we went out and found him a pair and found him a very cool Tapout MMA shirt as well for under 10 bucks!! Well the shirt was under $10......dang that would be cool to find shoes AND a shirt for that!!! I can't even manage that at our local Goodwill!!!  I also treated him to a bag of Jelly Beans from Dollar Tree.....he's so easy I tell ya!! And we got 2 of the big 44 ounce drinks at Pilot for $1.09.....cheaper than Happy Hour at Sonic!! WOOOT!!! Then we kinda goofed off and went to Big Lots......came out with nothing more than a huge bag of cereal for them.  Nothing cool in the scrappy stuff.....it's usually hit or miss there.  But I did meet a really nice lady who is also a mad scrapper and she told me about this place called Tuesday Morning.  Does anyone have one near them?  She told me they have killer deals on scrappy goodies......so I am gonna have to check em out and report back......it's my duty ya know :)

And speaking of scrappy shopping........you had to know this was comin!!!! LOL.  Thursday I took off and went to Hobby Lobby......I loveeeee looking thru the bargain aisle!! And the discount fabric bin!!!!  Even tho I can't figure my sewing machine out.....LOL.

They had lots of awesome deals......I refuse to pay retail for anything at Hobby Lobby....cuz if you wait long enough you will either get a 40% coupon or it will go on sale.  So I bought a few things......double sided tape, a great big container of Prima flowers...I will never need to buy flowers again, cuz seriously....how often do you see flowers on my LO's????  It was $12.....
And just beneath that is a peek at some Echo Park yumminess.......A Walk In The Park......which I have already purchased once.  They had them for $9.99.  But all scrapbook paper was marked 40% off....but that meant plain scrap stacks.....stickers were 50% off.....the sales lady rang it up as stickers because she saw the stickers in it.....5 bucks!!! I ran back and got another one.....LOL.  And found some adorable things on the clearance rack.....I don't have a photo but I bought 2 packages of coasters at $1.79 each.....they are shaped and I thought for that price they would make CUTE mini albums!!!! Each one has 30 coasters!!!  And i found tons of these DCWV Safari Kids embellies...they alos had the scrap stacks and Mat Stacks but I have those already.  They had another more girly line but I can't remember what it was now.  But the embellies were like half off...

I bought one of every single type of the boy embellies they had.  And some kinda doodle template......can you believe they actually have templates to help you doodle????? I bought it for a buck and I am actually using it for hand stitching......just kinda connect the dots and they will at least be straight.....lol.

Then this lady asks me if I have a coupon....I didn't but I thought she was asking ME for one....I told her no and she gave me a 40% coupon.  How sweet of her!!!!  I had it in my hand when I got to the checkout and just laid it down to get pout my wallet.  Everything I had was on sale so I knew that I couldn't use it.  And then the cashier picked it up and took another 40% off my total. OMG!!!! I had 2 bags of stuff.......and got out for around $20.

SCORE!!!!!

So since I came in wayyyyy under budget I went over to Marshall's, which is right across the street.  I was actually looking for large wooden candle holders.  And the last time I was there I found a Martha Stewart choo choo  border punch for $2.50......so of course I wandered right over to the stationary and books and stuff and ohhhh myyyyyy starzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

JACKPOT!!!!!

2 American Crafts bundles of cardstock....one 12 by 12 and the other 6 x 6.
The first one is ALL pastels and really pretty...perfect for cards.  This one is my fave....boy themed withe lots of bold color!!  Now please make sure you are sitting......and look at the price tag.....
HOLY COW!!!!! And above that they have the "compare to" price listed as $12.  Now....I dunno about where y'all are from...but at the Hobby Lobby these stacks run $19.99 each.  I'd consider $12 to be a steal......lol.

Now the paper alone was worth my trip.......but I also found Martha ink pads for stamps at $1 each.....these HUGE packages of Remarks letter stickers.....
8 pages of letters! 2 different colors and in both upper and lower case! Ready????

And 3 packages of different American Crafts galaxy markers......2 bucks each and even found one in white4 with a super fine tip for journaling on dark colors!!  each pack had 5 pens/markers and they were all double tipped.  COOLNESS!!!!

And this fun gift tissue paper.....lol.  I have a plan for it....honest!!!

And the scallops you see are the actual edges of the paper :):)  It makes me happy just to look at......LOL.

My total there was a little over $30.......yeah usually a $30 impulse buy isn't a good thing but I couldn't pass it up!!!!  I deserve to spend money on ME once in a while!!!!

Ok...........nuff rambling.....it's been another caffeine fueled day......lol.

I have missed the last couple of Sketchy Thursday sketches :(  So I jumped on this one the day it was posted.....um, yeah I am just now putting it on my blog......lol.  Cut me some slack!!!!!  My mind was on overload between the kids (that is another post altogether!!!) and running errands. 

And I chose to scrap my beautiful little cousin :)  I gotta do something with all of this pink Echo Park be Mine stuff :)

I think it turned out beautifully.....check out her tutu!!!! CUTE!!!!! And I love the pink and grey together too!

Other than the awesome Sketchy Thursday (who is having a DT call BTW!!!) this also fits challenges over at:

Leading A Craftastic Life: I chose to do the shopping list challenge....I had to choose at least 3 of the following
~ 2+ Photos ~ 2+ Buttons ~ Stars~ Color Teal~ Punches or Die Cut~ 2+ Pattern Papers~ 3+ Chipboard Pieces~ Charm~ Stamp~ Journaling~ Doodling......I have the pattern papers, photos,and journaling covered :)

Playdate Cafe Color Challenge Black and White with a splash of color.  i THINK I have done that but my splash may seem like more of a tidal wave......lol

And Paper take Weekly: anything goes

I have one I have been working on that I HOPE to have done later tonight so I can share with ya....or at the very least before the challenge ends....lol

Have a good one!
Tina

11 comments:

karenw said...

I'm coming shopping with you!! I have to shop over the internet cause all things scrappy are so expensive here..

and that tutu is too cute x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love all the bargins you found!! I have heard Tuesday Mornings is hit and miss... but I have never been... lol :):):) I love love love love your lo!! WOW!! Those photos are sooooooooooooooooo CUTE and loveeeeeeeeee the colors!!!! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Susan Allan said...

This layout really caught my eye. Lovely baby too!!!
Sue xx

Teresa Jaye said...

WOW holy shopping heaven! I need to come and follow you around!
Aren't you so glad you have that beautiful little girl to scrap?!?!
So fun!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I wish Hobby Lobby was open on Sunday because I am heading back to Knoxville today. I ran over to Scrappin' in the City yesterday to score some new CHA papers. We'll have to meet up one day for lunch or something!

Kelly Massman said...

Pretty layout!

Heather said...

Love the pics of the little one in her tutu. Very pretty layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

KateB said...

awesome scores!!! our Marshall's is seriously the most junkiest place on earth with no scrapbook supplies!!! love the st LO!!!!!

Fiona said...

Lovely to see a LO in the gallery Tina - love the use of the pink flowers :) Thanks for joining with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a gorgeous layout! Great way to use up your goodies, especially since you've just scored so many more! Wow! What a happy shopping trip! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

Keshet said...

Oh love the pink! Glad you had a productive shopping trip--aren't those the best? Thanks for joining us at ST this week:)