Monday, March 14, 2011

And the cards just keep on comin!

I think I need help......lots of help!!!  card making is just too dang fun!!! I still love scrapping......and actually have a layout to share when I get it photographed.....yayyyyyyyy!!! But where it can take me hours to do a layout, I can throw a card together in 30 minutes or less.  I think it has something to do with instant gratification :) 

So I have a couple to share with you today :)  These were done over the weekend......I do have a couple more that I can hopefully get photographed tomorrow...it's been really cloudy here today and I have been on the run most all day anyhow.  It's the boys first day of spring break and already I am trying to run away from home....lol.  Nahhhhhhh! Just had some things I needed to get done.  We all have those days!

So, my first card is from Card Patterns sketch #106.  Very similar to one I did last week, but with enough of a twist that I didn't mind going for it again.  Here is the sketch....

And my take....

LOVEEEEE how this cutie turned out!!!! Base is Bazzill basic, all the papers are Echo Park, buttons are stash goodies and the flowers are Prima :)

I'm also posting this at the Crafty Pad, where the challenge this week is to use buttons.

Next up is this sketch for Sketchbook Saturday
I kinda went off on my own with this one.  I just felt that mine needed something.  Apparently I have white space issues with cards too......lol. 

But I still dig it :)  I dug out the Echo Park again......A walk in the Park.  And I LOVE the little banner stickers!!!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more settled.  I doubt it tho......lol.  Tomorrow I have to take Matt to the Dr......which will be an adventure unto itself.  For those of you that aren't aware, Matthew is my oldest son.  He is 18 and is profoundly Autistic.  He is nonverbal, doesn't know sign language, and is very severely developmentally delayed.  And any kind of change just tears him up. He has been a hand full all weekend.  His teachers are convinced he has an ear infection.  He is very sensitive to noise and probably hears noises we aren't really aware of.  He sits around with his fingers in his ears constantly.  Well his teacher and the school social worker (Matt goes to a special school for kids with severe behavioral issues) keep telling me he is sick.  The social worker actually came to my house to discuss this last week.  They decided to take his temp and he threw a fit when they tried to stick the thermometer in his ear. Ummmmmmm.......he had non clue what that thing was and why these people wanted to put it in his ear....of course he is going to get upset!   So to make them happy I have to take him to the Dr.......so wish me luck!!   I'm gonna need it!!

My kids are watching wrestling right now and are tearing my house to bits....so I gotta go show em who the boss is and lay the smack down on em!!!! The Rock may be HOT but he ain't got nothin on Mad Mama!!!! :)  Weather and or cloud cover permiting I will have some projects to share tomnorrow!!!! 

Happy Monday!!!
Tina

15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh your cards ROCK!! I loveeeeeeee them!!! awesome colors!! And good luck with the doctor... hope all goes well! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Linda Beeson said...

I really like your cards and those great sketches you used! Don't you just love sketches for inspiration?

Anja (scrappie) said...

Both cards are beautiful love them. Thank you for playing along with cardpatterns.

Kelly Massman said...

Best of luck with Matthew!
And 2 great cards!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Awesome cards! It's an addictive hobby. I remember going to a crop at a friend's house and while everyone scrapbooked, I was studying the Stampin Up! catalog! LOL I hope your trip to the Dr. goes well. My oldest daughter has some issues--we'll discuss it over lunch one day soon!

Sherrie said...

Hi Tina,
Beautiful cards! I have an award for you. Come by my place to pick it up. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal
http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-so-honored-that-angela-over-at.html

Stephanie said...

Hey Tina! How excited was I to hear from you as soon as I got back to blogging, but then I got more excited when I popped over & saw some cards! You go girl! They're terrific - I'm loving that Echo Park paper.

Hope your trip to the doctor's with your son was productive and not too tiring!

lotte chew said...

love both cards!!! look very happy!!!

Denise said...

Your Echo Park cards are beautiful! It is nice to just crank out a fun card instead of a layout sometimes. I've been on a card kick these days too. Hope the doctor appt went well...

phatelara said...

Such gorgeous cards! I love them! <3

Debbie, Crafty Heart

Barbara said...

Both of your cards are darling. I love the button flowers on the first card and the pennants on the second card:) Glad you have crafts to help you through the struggles in your life. It must be very difficult for you and your family. Good luch at the doctors.
Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad for our "button" challenge. Hope to see you again on Sunday for our next chalenge. XX

karenw said...

Love the cards, gorgeous colours!!


Hope all went well with the dr's appointment, I can see why someone sticking an unknown object in your ear would cause stress..

Oh and if you want some of the crochet edging that I showed on my blog (no I can't crochet to save myself either!!) send my your address and I'll stick some in the mail for you (I bought ton's of it and couldn't posibly use it all)

my email kwray01(at)gmail(dot)com

xx

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the bright spring-like feel to both of them. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns.

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Both are beautiful cards! I love the colors you have used and that 1st sentiment is really so true! Thank you for playing along in The Crafty Pad button challenge this week. Good luck in the prize draw and be sure check out our new challenge on Sunday. The Navy Wife

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love your cards, Tina! Especially the one made with my sketch - how fun!! Good luck at the doctor's, I hope everything turns out well! xxx