Sunday, March 6, 2011

Epic FAIL!!!

Oh gosh! Have you ever just had one of those days????? I swear, someone snuck in my house in the middle of the night and sucked out what brain cells I didn't kill on my own in the 80's.  SERIOUSLY!

Know that beautiful page I created of my oh so sweet baby cousin? Everything I create of her I send to her mom for approval, then eventually send to her via Mr Postman.  Well, yesterday I did it backwards.  I posted here FIRST and then sent off to Tonya.....I knew she wouldn't mind and I have her blessing to share any and all photos of Princess Nevaeh.  So I was feeling quite proud of myself.  And so she emails me and tells me I have the wrong last name!!!!!

WHAT??? Are you sure????? LOL.....like she doesn't know her own last name :)

She says, "ummmmm YEAHHHH!!!! That is Vickie's last name"!!  My mind totally drew a blank.......Vickie is her sister.....And both are married.  Sheeesh!!! Vickie finds it hilarious.....lol.  So now I have to attempt to peel off the last name without tearing the layout up.

Yeah....as my son would say.......EPIC FAIL DUDE!!!!!!!

I seem to have a cluster of them today......lol.  I also created a LO for the Mission 2 Create challenge.  They have a recipe challenge every week and you must use at least 3 of the ingredients.....awfully fun!! And this one was a challenge for me.  So I got it all finished up last night and took photos today.......and the challenge is over. LOL.  New week.....new recipe. Sighhhhhhhhhh!!!! And I was so excited that I had a distressed photo to scrap too.....lol.  But luckily I used the sketch #67 from Inspired Blueprints as a jump off point :)   So here is the sketch...

And my page...

I stole the title from Kraft it Up's challenge this month.  Thought it went beautifully with the photo.......only I forgot to use Kraft.......FAIL!!!! LOL.....I am so on a roll :)  But I love how this turned out anyway :)  It's a really good thing I scrap for myself and  not for fame and fortune.....lol.  So in the Mission challenge one f the criteria was to use a distressed photo......somehow this photo went thru and survived the washing machine.  Not sure how....I have five kids, you'd be amazed and what I find in the washer sometimes!! And they are all boys to boot.....yeah, EWWWWWWW!!!! :)  You'd think I'd learn to check pocked by now huh? 

I'm tellin ya, brain cell sucking aliens!!!!

But since I did take a close up as proof of the distressing....I'm not gonna waste it.....lol. So here is Brandon's cute wrinkled mug up close :)
But ya know what? I am a firm believer that sometimes when one door closes another one opens.......and I think the Scrap Gods musta felt kinda bad for me after they were finished laughing at my expense because a couple of newer challenges I can enter opened up today!!!

THANK YOU OH THANK YOU SCRAP GODS!!! I AM NOT WORTHY!!!! :):)

I scrapped Brandon using the Tree House Collection from Pebbles that i won a while back.  LOVEEEE IT!!! It is so bright and fun!! And totally suits my scrap personality....altho I ain't feeling awfully bright today, thanks to......yeah....you got it!!! Brain cell sucking aliens!!!!  I did a LOT of fussy cutting with the tree houses and attempted the branch and said screw it! It needed something extra so I hand stitched the little hanger things.....I think if I had it to do over I would have added some stitching detail to some of the clouds.......but I just wasn't THAT motivated!

I think most everyone who knows me would say this is pretty typical of my scrap style......if I even have one.

Which leads me to a couple of the challenges I am hopping into.

Lasting Memories: I so love these gals!!! I don't play every single week but they are so fun! Definately on my top 10 list of fave scrappy challenge blogs! This week....simply show em whatcha got.....they wanna see your scrap style!! Name of challenge is "You're The Boss!!!" Gotta love bein the boss :)

Do you Stack Up; Anything with green!!! (another GREAT place that I love!! And its not necessarily a scrap site.....if you make a green pillow you can share it here!! Or if you kid thinks he is Picasso and slings a big green booger on a card you just made........its not ruined....share it here.....lol!!)

So that's what I got today! I have a card or 2 to share tomorrow and I'll see what else the day holds!!

Hugs n stuff!
T

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

U crack me up girl!!! LOL!!! One time Adam picked a BUNCH...yes a BUNCH of REAL LIVE lady bugs at school and placed them in a ziploc baggy... welllllllllllll that night was laundry night...and ummmmmmm yeah... you can guess the rest!! LOL!! No wonder I have bad luck, I killed a hundred ladybugs in one sitting! LOL!! I love love love love love the lo!!! That photo is cute and the colors are FAB!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jo said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at DYSU! It’s so fun to see so many different takes on our Green challenge!

Sandy Ang said...

I have those days more often than I'd like to remember. Such bright colours and fun treatment of birdhouses on your layout. Love for you to link it up to my challenge here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/03/sandys-challenge-3.html

WencheP said...

Love it, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Dragonlady said...

Now I have stopped laughing I can write a comment!!! Great layout and what luck that the photo survived. I have two youg girls and I too pick the strangest things out of my washer!!!!
Thank you so much for playing at Lasting Memories and showing us your style.

Hugs Ali x

glassgraffitix2 said...

What a funny story! Your LO is fab though despite all your challenges. (I think some of your blood sucking aliens visited me, also!) Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Karen Wilson said...

LOL!! Oh no!! I am sure you can change it up, that's too funny! We ALL have those days!!

Love your layout and love the distressing and how you did the title too! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Kelly Massman said...

Although your post was EXTREMELY funny, I can see that you have no EPIC fail here! That layout is FANTASTIC! I may even scraplift portions of it if I ever get my mojo back... :-)

Sue said...

You are too funny Tina. I'm glad the Scrap Gods were helping you a bit. Maybe they will zap those aliens and leave you alone. Your layout is great. I have always loved your style and I am so glad we were able to let you shine at Lasting Memories.

Peggysue said...

Terrific layout. I love the birdhouses. That's a great picture, glad it survived the wash. Thank you for joining our GREEN challenge at DYSU. Good luck!

Lauren said...

Love this! Especially the birdhouses! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Lauren

Ashley said...

Great layout! I had SUCH a fun time reading through your blog today! I'm glad you enjoy our challenges at Lasting Memories so much. Thanks for playing along!

~Ashley
LM DT member