Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hallmark, ya got nothin to worry about from me!

Seriously......NOT A THING!!

Oooopppps........almost forgot, Happy Tuesday!!!!!  :)  I finally have some peace and quiet to sit and blog.  Gotta love bedtime!!! 

The kids have been in rare form tonight.

 "Don't touch my leg!!"" If you look at me I'm gonna punch you!!!" " Hey!! That's my hat!!!!" "Moooooooommmmmm!!!!"

And the saddest part.........that was the 15 and 13 year old!! OMGosh!!! What is wrong with them?????  And women are moody??????? Really?????? I'm really tempted to duct tape them together and they can either solve their differences or gnaw their arms off to get away from one another......tough love.......lol.

Somewhat short post tonight.......mark this date on your calendar so you can remember it....lol.  I have a couple of cards to share tonight.  I am determined to get good at this card making thing!! Like I said in my subject line....Hallmark has absolutely nothing to fear from me at this point.  I'm tryin tho :)  But if  nothing else I will have a cool stash of cards at my fingertips when I need one and not have to run to buy one at the last minute....and I get to use up my poor sad pile of scraps.  :)

For my first card I used a sketch from I Did It Creations Challenge Blog
I used some of my Echo Park "Little Boy" scraps along with some Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type to make this cute birthday card.  I dug out some stash buttons, which either came from yard sales, thrift stores, Walmart or Hobby Lobby.....lol.  And I am sadly , without any bakers twine, which would have been so cute!!!  So I made due with some embroidery floss.
My 6 year old thinks it's so cool I used buttons for the wheels......lol.  Bless his sweet little heart :):)  I think I'll save it for his birthday and cut a tiny photo of him out and put it in the window of the car!!!

Next I have what began life as the OWH sketch 59.  In the end I veered off someplace.  Probably because I relied on my memory to do the sketch.......not q good idea in my case......LOL.  But I wanted everyone to know this was indeed my inspiration I promise!!!

I really like this one!!!  I used my scraps from Pebbles Treehouse Collection and made the little flower out of circles.  super easy....I gotta get a tut together for it......its featured in the last issue of Scrapbooks ETC......I looked on the website for a link and couldn't find one but if you have that issue flip thru and you'll see it  :)

Speaking of cute..........here is a new photo of little baby Nevaeh!! I adore this and  betcha bottom I will be scrapping it!!!!
Doesn't that just melt your heart???????  She is getting so chubby! And look at those eyes!!!!! Awwwwww :):)
And look at this one.....
ROFL!!  I'd love to know what she is thinking there!! Or maybe not!! LOL

Thanks for visiting with me today!

12 comments:

Julie said...

It's okay to veer off, that's what sketches are for, a good jumping off point! Your card is adorable, I love the bright colorful paper. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These cards are FAB! I loveeeeee the buttons for wheels too! And those photos are ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

michele hileman said...

Awesome cards Thank you for joining us at IDIC

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your cards turned out great!

Kelly Massman said...

Cards are FANTASTIC!

furrypig said...

Love the idea of putting your sons picture in the car window, such a cute card. Thaks for joining us this week over at IDIC.

Padster said...

Brill cards and great use of the sketches - thanks for joining us at IDIC this week
Hugs,
Debbie xx

Jennie said...

I disagree!!! Hallmark best start panicking! These are AWESOME!

And so creative love, love, love the little car with the button wheels and the thinking of you card is soooo well co-ordinated!

Thanks so much for using my sketch at IDIC this week xxx

Teresa Jaye said...

Your cards are awesome, and Nevaeh is just adorable!
I have a layout that I put my own grandson's name wrong on! Talk about a brain fart! I put David Jacob, and his name is Jacob David. Still haven't fixed it - probably won't!

Gurkiss said...

Wonderful card :)

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

Hugs Gurkiss

Jeanette said...

Both cards are adorable. Love how you used the buttons. Gee, little Nevaeh is such a cutie. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Shawn said...

Is that your baby? ADORABLE!!. I just wanted to say thanks for the nice comment you left. I am new at all the furniture re-do, but it's relaxing to me. I have a big problem tho.....when I see stuff for cheap to re-do I want to keep it all!!!! My house is not big enough for that!! LOL!! Take care