Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hola Mi Crafty Amigas!!!

We are almost to Friday! Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!!! 

This has felt like the world's longest week to me!! A sick kiddo, report card drama, and general BS has all lead to a big fat pain in my neck....literally!!!  I had to go to the Dr today for it.....see??? I wasn't just being sarcastic :)  The past couple of nights have been rough.  Painful muscle spasms keeping me awake and I am so sore I can barely move.  A trip to the doc today and he gave me some meds and hopefully I should be back to normal (Don't even say it!!!) within a month....if not, its back to the hospital for another MRI to see if there are any additional problems.  Back in 2007 when I had 2 discs removed it was noted that I had damage above where my fusion site is and directly below it as well........I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the meds do the trick!!!

So, this neck is kinda sorta cutting into my crafting time.........I don't like it!!! I'll keep up for as long as I can tho!!!

I have a layout (yes I said LO!!!) to share along with a couple of quick cards I threw together.  The sketch over at Lasting Memories proved to be a challenge for me......it's the white space! I just wanna clutter it up with anything and everything......lol.  Here is their sketch for this week.......
Some people can rock the white space.  I'm not one of those......lol.  But I had a lot of fun making these cute little pinwheels to use in place of the circle element on the sketch........I used School Days from Pebbles.......a mini kit I scored for $1.99 at Marshall's!!!!! Sooooo cute!!! 2 sheets of stickers, alphabets, ribbon, embellies and 6 double sided sheets of paper........what a deal!!!  I'm headed over there again tomorrow to see what I can drag home with me......lol.

Here is my take and my sweet little 6 year old Jesse on his first day of first grade!!  I added a strip of overlay from Simple Stories Elementary collection above his head......
Ohhh and used Cosmo Crickets tiny type for journaling.

I'm tellin ya, I am dying to add a banner or something....just walk away Tina.....wallllllllllllllk away :)

Crazy for Challenges has a CUTE little sketch up this week too that I decided to tackle...

I'm still using scraps from Pebbles Tree House collection......and I love this card......LOVE it!!! I love color and this one feels fun to me :)
I'm trying VERY hard to learn to tie the perfect bow....I'm not quite there but its comin!!!! And you can't see it but the little tulip is nice and glittery too.....so sweet :)

Last but not least I have CPS 211
Before I show you my card I gotta give credit here where credit is due....I basically ripped off the GREAT Becky Fleck! Yup.....THAT Becky Fleck!!!  Yeah I know.....I should feel deep shame.  She is so wickedly talented.....when I saw her card over at the ScrapBook And Cards Today blog I noted that it looks a lot like the sketch so I ran with it.......here is hers
And here is mine......I used Echo Park "Be Mine"

I added some buttons and some black tulle and called it done!

I'm hoping I get to feeling better in the next day or so.....I received happy mail today from Reminiscence.....the new Monkey Adventures line....OMGosh it's so stinkin cute!! Can't wait to play!!!!!

Have a great night and TGIF!!!!
Tina

9 comments:

glassgraffitix2 said...

Awesome LO! Your cards are awesome too! Tina, I do the same thing and have to tell myself to walk away!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love these!! Girl... you have been rockin' lately! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee those pinwheels! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sue said...

Tina, the cards and layout are awesome. You did a great job with the white space on the layout. I think the page is perfect. Your cards are going to be very appreciated. Tanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Kristie said...

Great projects! I love your take on the LM sketch, thank you for playing along with us this week! The pinwheels are so cool!

LollyChops said...

What beautiful cards! I love the pinwheels and the picture in the first one especially!!
HUGS!!!

Lauren said...

OMG, so cute! I absolutely love your pinwheels! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Lauren

Dragonlady said...

Great take on our sketch and lovely photo. Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories.

Hugs Ali x

Teresa Jaye said...

Hey Tina-girl, I hope you are feeling better today.
I love your school days layout, the "white space" is perfect and the pinwheels are adorable!
Your cards are awesome, I'm sure Becky won't mind the scraplift at all, especially since it's so cute!
I'll add you to my prayers for pain relief ((hugs))
Teresa

tiffany said...

what great projects! I am in love with those pinwheels on your layout!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Lasting Memories! =)Tiffany