Friday, March 11, 2011

My scrap mojo has packed up it's bags and left town......

Destination unknown!!

I'm tryin not to let it stress me out.....it happens.  to ALL of us! And eventually will decide it misses home and comes back.....much like our children do when they grow up and leave the nest and tease us with our tiny taste of freedom. I'm pretty sure it was Bill Cosby who said "sure they grow up nd leave home....but they always come back and usually bring more with em!!"

So hopefully when my mjo gets well rested I will be able to toally wow everyone with something I didn't even know I had in me......I think thats why scrapping is a lot like therapy as well......lol.  You usually regress right before a major break thru or leap forward.......lol !

So I am keeping myself content making cards. How totally weird.  A year ago I would have told you I hated card making.  But it's a lot of fun!

And I have a really cute one to share today!  I think anytime hyou look at one and you aren't ashamed to give it to someone and actually sign your name to it you are doin a fine job.....LOL.  My standards are so high huh?? LOL  I am finally beginning to progress past the "this looks like my first grader did it with construction paper" phase.  Altho I do seriously LOVE everything my first grader gives me :):)  So I am guessing I have moved up to maybe the middle school range.....lol.   And this weekend I am going to play and experiment with digi images (EEEEK!!!!) and trying to figure out how the heck you stamp with chalk.  Or do you just use the chalk to color? Help me card makers!!!!  See, part of my prize package from Pebbles a while back included a cool set of chalk with this gator clamp thing and little cotton ball applicators.  I'm clueless.....but then, you know that already.....lol.

Anyway.......I played around last night and whipped up this sweet little card.  I didn't really use a sketch, but then it didn't really just come from my own imagination either......I know I have seen this basic design before.  BUT, it is a pretty basic design so I don't know who to credit. So don't try to sue me for copyright infringement or anything.....trust me, I have enough problems as it it is!!!! :)


And I am trying to get all artsty fartsly and stuff with my photography skills......lol.  This is my first time "staging"  a set up for my card........I see everyone doing it so I figured I'd try......and .....I am so proud.....I didn't use the auto mode on my digital camera!!!! WOOOT!!! Go Me!!!! I just hope it looks more artsy than fartsy :)

I'm still using the Pebbles "Tree House Collection " LOVE this stuff!!!! The cream base is Bazzill Basic. Everything else is Pebbles.  And I layered 2 of the stickers to get some oomph out of the owl sticker (ain't he the cutest??) You can't tell it here tho....hang on....

OK.....crappy photo, and you can see I need to wash my windows too.....lol

See? Pop dotted!!!!

So, did I do ok?

Whether I did or not I am putting this in the following challegnes.....lol

1. Chicken Soup Recipe challenge 32.....to take inspiration from this photo

I have a couple of birdhouses on my card :)

2. Simon Says Stamp: Anything goes

3. Colour Create color combo of olive green, cream and black

And.....I'm done!! I have some errands to run today.  This is the last day of school before spring break for my boys so, obviously, I need to go grocery shopping.....LOL. Hopefully I will get some more me time over the weekend and get a layout or card or ANYTHING completed :)

Thanks for visiting me!
Tina

6 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I left scrapbooking in the dust when I got into card making. Your card looks great!

Kelly Massman said...

very cool card! love it! That collection is so cute! I need my mojo back, too! But, it looks like you actually have it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee your card! I love love love those little bird houses!! And I have the mojo.. but the pain is over powering it right now.. boo hoo!! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Pickleberry Papercrafts said...

Great Card, love the staging, definitely more Artsy than Fartsy!!!
Thanks for playing along with Chicken Soup :)

TonjiaT said...

Tina, the card is great! I still think you should start a website of blog backgrounds.. just like Leelou blogs....

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Tina, this is great, love those birdhouses so cute, had fun reading your post too, thanks for joining us at colour create, hugs Liz xx