Sunday, March 27, 2011

Projects? yeah I have a couple!!!

I do!!

But no catchy blog subject title thing today......I used up all of my creative mojo today :)  I will be lucky if this blog post even makes sense......but you are used to that I know.....lol.

So, how's your Saturday? I was soooo looking forward to the weekend! And today its all icky and rainy.......what the heck happened to spring?? Last weekend we were running around in shorts!!! It was 80 degrees!!!! I dunno what it was today but it was COLD!!  Mother Nature is quite the fickle one!!

I did get around to making a couple of cards......for challenges that I think are done......lol.  I'm sharp as a tack today!!!  But I do know at least the Pagemaps one hasn't ended yet!!!  So I will start off with thier sketch challenge :)
LOVEEEEEE the sketch!!  I'm such a sucker for anything that has this block style going on......makes it soooo easy to use up scraps too!!! I still have a few bits and pieces from Pebbles Treehouse collection so I chose to use them to scrap this photo of Jesse from his kindergarten year of school......which was only last year!!! What?????? My baby is growing right before my eyes......wahhhhhhhh!!!

Each year at his school the kindergarten class throws a little thing called a Mothers Day Tea Party.  I swear, it is the sweetest thing!!!  The kiddos decorate, prepare the tea and plate lunches for the moms.....the tables all had linens and were very pretty! One of the teachers collects vintage teapots and tea cups and that was the decor......it was all so nice! We were treated like queens and our little ones read us poems and sang.......I hope this is a tradition they never do away with!! I have been blessed enough to have attended one with both Jesse and Brandon and I wouldn't trade those times for anything :):):):) Enough babble.......here is Jesse being cute :)


Um. yeah I had issues getting my title to fit......lol.  But I went with it and decided I liked it like that!!!
I'm also linking this one up at Little Red Wagon where the challenge this week is to use butterflies on your project......one of mine is chipboard, the other is a rub on.

Now a couple of cards........First the CPS sketch 210.......which I totally missed the deadline for.  OOOPS!! :):)  Yeah, I'll be late for my own funeral, I have no doubt! But since I made em I'm gonna share anyway......cuz this is my blog, and I can!!!

Yup......more blocks......lol.  I made this first card and didn't much like it, so I made a second one.
Again, still using up Treehouse :) And of these 2, the second is my fave....probably because red is my favorite color.

And part of the challenge is to use soemthing 3d where the elements are in the sketch.......so this threw me for a loop, cuz anything other than flat paper is 3d, right? That 3 or 4 minutes worth of deep thought made my head hurt.,....so I just went with what I thought I would like.....and yanked out this huge burlap coffee sack I scored for a buck......a BUCK!!!!! And made some cute flowers with  it and paper and buttons.......I also need to add that since I have taken this photo I have added a jute bow and it is CUTECUTECUTE!!!!

Yeah......still Treehouse.......it's insane how many projects I have been able to do out of this kit!!!
And I just checked and this challenge is still live (YESSS!) so I'm linkin up!!!

I'm not at all sleepy so I might be able to fit a card or something in before the sandman comes along :)

Have a great night!!

Hugs n stuff :)
Tina

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love your lo and loveeeeeeee the cards!! AWESOME cards! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

Your cards and layout look fabulous! Love the burlap flowers. Too cool!

A Vintage Vine said...

So cute...I use to make cards but I have gotten out of the habit...you have inspired me! FYI, I saw your other blog and I almost split a gut when I saw the title. You may dear, are a funny gal!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Look at all your crafty eye candy! Your stuff is awesome!

Stefanie said...

Thanks so much for your sweet words of encouragement on my journalingjunkie blog. I really appreciate that you took the time to leave a meaningful comment on my LO.
I am always on the lookout for new team members (both guests and permanent members so please let me know if you'd be interested?
eyeore at telkomsa dot net