Sunday, March 20, 2011

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Back to school!!

Nooooo I'm not talking about the Rodney Dangerfield movie!!!!! My knot heads spring break is over and they go back to school tomorrow!!!!! Can't you see how sad I am to see them go?? LOL

In all seriousness.....they weren't so bad:)  We have had fun shopping, digging thru thrift stores,doing silly stuff around the house......and the weather has been absolutely phenomenal.......which means playing outside!!!  And not just cuz I locked them all out there either.....lol.  Kidding!!!!  Brandon has discovered the joys of digging for treasure :)  He has come in with lots of rusty nails, railroad spikes and goodness only knows what else.  Funny that what we consider trash and 10 year old boy will put in a box to hide under his bed and guard with his life :) He's wanting a metal detector for his birthday.....and living in east Tennessee there is the potential to find civil war artifacts, which would be wayyy cool!!!  Even to me, an old woman who plays with scissors......lol.  His birthday is in June...so the search is on now to see if I can find one at a good price.

Jesse has learned to make a shot in the "big boy goal"  He has a Little tykes basketball goal of his own......but the older boys won't play with him on it...so he has learned to shoot on the real goal.  I'm so proud!! And so is he!!! Now we are working on riding a bike.....without the training wheels....which is proving to be a bit more challenging......lol.

Matt has been a hand full.  I think he has given up sleep.  he looks awful, big ol bags under his eyes.  I'm hoping getting back to his normal routine will help him settle down.....he will be doing summer school this year but it is only for a few weeks.  I'm looking now to see if I can find him some sort of day program to participate in.  Cross your fingers for me!!!

I have been out and about most of the weekend......so most of my plans for crafty endeavors have bitten the dust.  But tomorrow I will have the house to myself so I'm sure I will get something done!! I do have a couple of things I can share with you tho!

I made this card for the Cardabilities challenge.  LOVED the simple sketch (those are the only kind I feel capable enough to tackle....lol) And I really like the end result of this one!! Another card into my stash....YES!!!!!

Here's the sketch...
Since my sewing skills totally suck I left the stitching off.....I didn't feel up to tackling it by hand or drawing it on......ok, lazy is the actual term......lol.

And here is my take using Tree House from Pebbles. 


I had this next sketch saved for a while and didn't realize the deadline was so close.  This is a LO for AllyScraps.....and here is the sketch....

And my take using Echo Park's A Walk In The Park.  Not thrilled with how this one turned out, I'm thinking cuz I have done several layouts that resemble this sketch.......oh well, they can't all be gems!!! These photos are from last Easter, Jesse dyeing eggs :)  This year I am gonna break down and take him to a real egg hunt......he'll love that!!!
I'm not sure what brand the round letters spelling the title are.  But I bought them at Big Lots for $3 and they have stacks and stacks of letters.  Extreme value.....and when i bought them I thought they were just really thick poker chip kinda letters and bought several packages of them.....lol.  They are made like post it notes.....just peel and stick....very cool!!!

That's all I got today!! Unless you wanna take this raging sinus infection off my hands???? No??? Well, I tried!!! Woke up this morning with pain going up one side of my nose , around my eyeball and into my skull....fun!!! Welcome spring!!!!! LOL

Ya'll have a great day! take some allergy meds and get out and enjoy this beautiful weather!!!!

Tina

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hope you feel better soon! I love love love love love the card and the lo!!! Loving the block design on the card and the banners on the lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Natalie said...

It's funny, I keep hearing people talking about spring break, but we never get it around here! A day off here and there, but never an official Spring Break!! Your layout looks great! thanks for commenting on my blog and what a bummer that you haven't been able to find those goodies in your thrift shops!! I hope your luck changes soon! Be sure to come back and visit again!

Sasya said...

great works!!! i love your card! thank you for playing with Cardabilities!!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the paper you used for the card, and I'm glad to see your fun layout! :-)

Denise said...

You made it through Spring Break, Yay!!! LOL. I'm so jealous. Ours is still coming up. How much fun you two are going to have digging for buried treasures :) Your card and layout are wonderful. I think you could tacke any card you wanted to! They always look fabulous.

Stephanie said...

I think the metal detector would be so much fun...not to mention how much free time you'll get while he's exploring :)

Love the card - I'm telling ya, you went & became a serious player in the card making scene while I was away! Great color combo with the red & brown.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

We're on spring break now and my legs are sore already from all the walking around I've been doing the last few days. I'm so out of shape. Love the card and the page!

Minta's Creations said...

We are about to go on Spring break..
Just became a new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/