Thursday, April 28, 2011

Guess where I was featured????

Hello everyone!

To say that I am excited is an understatement!!!!! After months and months of buggin the poor folks over at Echo Park I FINALLY had a layout featured!! EEEEK!!!! I have been on cloud nine ever since this morning when I was blog surfing :) Echo Park is hands down my most favoritest line!!!  And thank you to my buddies Leigh Ann and Kelly for leaving such sweet comments over there for me!! If you haven't popped over today here's the link...go!!!! Leave some love and check out the other featured projects as well!

I've been really busy the past few days.......we had some horrible storms come thru east Tn last night.  The very one that wreaked havok in the south and made a mess outta Alabama.  There were a couple of confirmed torado touchdowns but not in our neck of the woods.  Praise God all we had was some heavy rain and a little hail.  Please keep the families who lost loved ones and their homes in your thoughts and prayers.  Locally no damage....some flooding in certain areas.....like Jesse's playground at school.  I wish I had my camera with me this afternoon when I picked the boys up because there were ducks swimming on the playground......lol.  We have a park and a duck pond not far from there......3 ducks decided to make it home for a bit :):)  I will see if they are still there tomorrow!!!

We had a lovely Easter and I cought saome great photos!!!  I will be scrapping them this weekend!!

Speaking of which I have a layout with one of my favorite Easter photos to share today!!  This is for the Lasting Memories Layout Challenge.  This weeks sketch is really simple with lots of room to be as creative as you want.....love that!! And lemme tell ya....the girls over there rocked this one!!!

Here's the sketch
I stayed with the basic lines of the sketch but you know me and white space.......we are not friends......lol.  So I cluttgered mine up a bit using up some scrap strips I had and I even added a gorgeous piece of crochet trim that my sweet friend Karen RAK'd me :)...Thanks Girlie....you rock!
This was taken Easter morning.  A rare photo of them not trying to kill one another :)  Brandon is the taller of the 2........would you guess by this photo that Jesse is just 6 and Brandon is 10?  Jesse is gonna be soooooo tall!!! :):)

Most all of the paper is MME........I think this is from the Quite Contrary Line.  The bottom strip is Cosmo Cricket Early Bird.   The red and turquiose worked really well with the other papers so I ran with it. The buttons are American Crafts, flowers are Prima and Petaloo, Title created using Thickers and Cosmo Crciket tiny type and there is a little Crate paper School Spirit sticker at the bottom for good measure.  The photo doesn't do this layout justice.  I LOVEEEEEE this color combo :):)

I have a couple more projects that I am trying to squeeze in before the month is up.  So many challenges so little time :)~ So you will see me more over the next couple of days!!!

Have a great evening!
Tina

9 comments:

Christine said...

Such awesome news about Echo Park, congrats...it's a great layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo happy for you being featured!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! I am loving the colors and loving the ribbons! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

No way would I have guessed Jesse to be only 6!!! Wow! Great layout, and I was excited for you when I saw your layout at EP!

Karen Wilson said...

Wow, 6 and 10? Yep, gonna be tall! My kid's are the same, so look out. My son's 15 and 5'11 already!

Love this LO and all your added elements. The ribbon/buttons are fab! Great take on our sketch this week and thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

~Christina~ said...

WHOO HOO!!! CONGRATS :)

karenw said...

Love what you have done with this sketch, it rocks!! I'm very pleased that the little bit of crochet trim made it on top a lo about boys - very cool!!

Congrats on the EP feature - love that brand.And I do love that Lo - so fresh.

Glad that thr big storms didn't affect you too badly. I was watching the twisters on the news last night - I can't begin to imagine how terrifying that must have been for those people in Alabama esp.

xxx

glassgraffitix2 said...

Wonderful LO! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Teresa Jaye said...

cute layout and that picture is adorable! - try to remember them like this whenever they are at each other's throats!!!!
BIG CONGRATS on the Echo Park feature! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

Lauren said...

Awesome layout! I love the colors and ribbons. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! We hope to see you again next time!

Lauren