Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Kinda a BIG Deal" Reminisce blog challenge :)

Hello!

Aren't you lucky.......two posts from me in one day!! 

My day has been hectic.......mostly spent referring and occasionally duct taping children who misbehave......typical weekend here at the Rug Rat Ranch!!  At one point I laid down in my room for a while to try to avoid a full blown migraine.  I have been right on the edge (in more ways than one) of having one all day.  It's like there is this little guy in my head that occasionally beats a drum to let me know he is there.  And yeah I am totally sure it's a guy.......because most guys are a pain so there ya go......logical deduction there Sherlock :)

At some point the boys all gravitated outdoors (YES!!!!) and I was able to kick out a layout for the Reminisce challenge.

They asked the question......what inspires your creativity?  For example MANY blogs have color challenges, Ad inspired challenges, photos, and now that PINterest is so dang hot I am seeing LOTS of continuity in the things I pin to my boards.  For instance my favorite color in the world is red......on the board where I pin photos of stunning rooms I just love.......they are all white.  Seriously....like monochromatic white on white. What the heck? So NOT practical when you have 5 boys.......lol. 

But lots of things inspire me.......and like many of you I save layouts I come across that I really like to a folder (or PINterest!!) And when inspiration is lacking I flip thru them and find one and try to scraplift it. And I am not limited to traditional paper layouts......I do occasionally digi scrap.  And I have a ton of templates saved.  And I found one I loved today and decided to translate it to paper.  I wish I knew who to credit......because all I have is this photo.
Easy enough to copy on paper :)

They ask that you include at least 3 Reminisce products on your project.  And a little while back I was lucky enough to win this collection from them called Monkey Adventures.  CUTENESS!!!! And once I started playing with all of the super cute stickers included in the package I just could not stop myself.  And as a result here is my take on this sketch.....
I titled it "I'm kinda a big deal" because Jesse looks so grown up here.....and trust me, he really does think he is a big deal......lol.  I love his pose, lookin all GQ, even with the inside out pocket.....lol.  Typical boy :)
Dunno if you can tell but all of the stickers are pop dotted.
And for the strips I used a combination of the paper border that is on the edge of a 12 x 12.....Reminisce includes a pattern of the flip side of the paper on theirs so you get a lil extra bang for your buck! And ribbon and buttons.  I've been doing this a LOT lately....a phase I guess :)
And I used all of these descriptive words included to fill it in a bit.  LOVE THEM!!!

Really a fun LO to do! And Jesse keeps asking if the monkey is Curious George :)

Thanks for lookin yet again.........I may be back yet again....I'm still feeling creative but we will see if the kids cooperate or not!!!

If you get a chance to play along with this challenge you totally should......there are goodies to be won :)

4 comments:

Angela said...

I LOVE this layout Tina! Thanks for playing along with the Reminisce Blog Challenge!!

sandee said...

This is ADORABLE!!!! Love it!!!

Robin said...

Tina ~ GREAT LO! Love how you used the paper border (I LOVE DOING THIS TOO!), and you really rocked out the stickers Girl! WTG! Thanks for playing along too!

Kelly Massman said...

This is totally cute!!! That paper is really cute!