Monday, April 4, 2011

A layout for Stuck!!!

Happy Monday!!!

Even tho it's icky and raining and thundering and lightening......it's still a happy Monday!!! It's April so I guess we are supposed to endure our fair share of wet stuff.  This morning it was actually really warm, heck I have been running around in shorts all day!  But it was really windy.......the kind of day that , when I worked in radio, I would call a skirt alert or small pet warning........lol.  Guess that shoulda clued me in that we had bad weather comin in!

I'm still dealing with my neck giving me fits.  I have been limiting my online time but it's just giving me time to think of other ways to get into trouble,.......its hard to be me!!!!  :)

Bob and I got out on Saturday WITHOUT kids!!!! Ohhhhhh what a lovely day we had!!! We drove a couple of counties over to shop and sight-see and just drive around.  I bought some new cookware and a crock pot....YAYYYYY! I get LMOST as excited about kitchen gadgets as I do scrappy ones!!! And I finally found a potato masher thing......no more lumps!!!! I can't tell you how many electric mixers I have killed making mashed potatoes!

When we got home I had 2 HUGE priority mail boxes waiting for me.  WOOOO HOOOO Happy Mail!!!! LeeAnne from Artful Delight sent me a mega prize package for winning a face book contest.  She seriously spoiled me!!! Huge batch of 12 x 12 paper, 3 6 x 6 pads, lots of cute embellies, die cuts, you name it!!!  And Ashley also sent me the most awesome batch of goodies!! I can't wait to play with it all.....OMG you should see the ribbon she sent me!!!! The package is so pretty I don't wanna do anything but stare at it and drool!! Unnerving to hear one talk about ribbon like that huh? LOL.  I will take pics of all of it tomorrow.  Seriously, they were BOTH more than generous and I so appreciate the goodies!

Now, you would think with a haul like that I wouldn't need to shop........but I had to head to marshall's......lol.  This time I scored LOTS of beautiful white card stock in both 12 x 12 and 8 x 10! And honest, that is all I bought!~ I should be set for quite some time now :)

The new sketch for April went up over at Stuck so I thought I;d take a go at it.  I think it's adorable.....I'm gonna keep this one on file cuz you can play with it so many different ways and get so many looks out of it :)
Here it is.....
And my take....using mostly American Crafts.....some stuff from the Travel Pad and the plain white card stock.

Ohhhhh I forgot all about those thickers!! I Got those at Marshall's as well........4 packs for 5 bucks!!! SCORE!!!!

These pix are of Jesse dressed in his ninja best for Halloween.......so don't despair if you are still doing Christmas pages.....I'm still at Halloween!!!!!  LOL  I just took my sharpie and doodled, marked or scribbled the lines and journaling...and I inked the paper edges so they would pop a little more against all of that white and just traced randomly around the photos cuz it felt like the thing to do.....lol!

No card to share tonight but I have tons of challenges printed off and ready to tackle!!

This rain hitting the window is making me sleepy so I think it's time for me to call it a night!

Have a great one!
Tina

PS Thank you for lifting me up in prayer Teresa!! I love my blog family so much :):)

3 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a great page .. and such a deal on the thickers .. not to mention your great happy mail day! Hope your new is feeling better soon!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like awesome happy mail! I love love love the lo... i loveeeeeee the photos and that circle paper! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Love it! The paper is fun! Love your pen work... :-)