Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lily Bee Grid LO Challenge plus a card

Hello everyone!

Well, even tho this is a Thursday, technically my weekend is here!  The boys are off tomorrow for Good Friday and again on Monday, ummm, just cuz.......lol.  And my marathon cooking will start sometime tomorrow.  I made a grocery run today to pick up a few things......I'm just hoping the next few days can be relatively drama free!!

Not a lot to talk about today so I will getcha right up to speed with the projects :):) 

First up is the challenge at Lily Bee.  This is my very first time joining them :)  The challenge is to create a LO based on a grid.  Heyyyyyyyyy I can do that!!! I LOVE working with grids!! And at first I wasn't so sure about this LO........but the more I look at it the more I like it.  Kinda different from what I normally do.......or in other words it doesn't burn your retinas from the bright color.....lol.  You ahve to use at least one itty bitty Lily Bee product on yhour LO........so I dug and dug and found a series of die cuts fom their Christmas Town collection.  So......I chopped em up, and yeah it hurt me to do it.......lol.  I just closed my eyes and chopped! I have had them long enough and not used them....so I just did it.!!!

This is what I came up with....
Whatcha think?  That sweet little man is Jesse ....I sooooo miss those days!!!!! Well, except for the not sleeping part!!  All the pattern papers are from Lily Bee's Christmas Town, The base is bazzill, I have some MME matting the squares and the photo, Me & My Big Ideas (tiny fingers, tiny toes embellie), Making Memories butterflies, Prima flowers, Bo Bunny Brads from the Time Piece collection, Thickers, Cosmo Cricket tiny type in brown, and I just LOVEEEE the raffia ribbon that Ashley RAK'd me a week or so back.  I was really not feelin this one at all until I started playing around with the ribbon and I think it just works so well and gives it a little extra something :):)

I placed a one in front of the circle embellie to mimic a 10.......as in ten little toes and ten little fingers.......and I did that even before I found out about this weeks challenge (to use a number on your LO) at The Paper Variety!!!

It's also loosely based on this sketch at Get Your Sketch On.
And am also entering this at CRAFT challenge 99 this week, where the challegne is to use flowers on your project.


I think if I were to go  back and change anything I might shabby it up some with some white paint splotches....but for now I'm ok with it :)

Okie Dokie........Its been a while since I had a card to share with you.  I whipped this one up for Claudia and Company's clean and simple challenge.  It's really corny and I'm thinking of sending it to my mom for Mother's day.  She and I aren't close, but she is still my mom........and I'm not wearing my heart on my sleeve here so if she doesn't like it it's fine......lol.
You were warned it was corny.......lol.  Pebbles Treehouse Collection Patterned papers and AC cardstock.......the little toaster is also by American Crafts and is felt and ohhh so cute!! And a buck for a pack of 6 little feltie embellies like this at Big Lots right now!!!!!  I also used a Pebbles sticker, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type and punched the scalloped circle with my brand new BELOVED scallop punch that I finally found in stock someplace!!!! 

I also took the time to finish the inside.....sorta :)
I stamped  "Happy Mothers Day" and used the strip I cut my scallop out of to make a gift card pocket.

And there ya go!!  I'm gonna be up a while tonight so I am gonna see what I can find to create :)  Jacob is on a trip with his NJROTC unit and won't be home til around midnight.  No matter how old they get they are still our babies :)

Have a great night and thanks for dropping in!

.

16 comments:

mindy gallagher said...

This turned out so precious :D I love it and that sketch is fun too!! thanks for playing with us at TPV!

StinkerbellSteph said...

What a beautiful layout! The red on on the edges is just perfect to draw your eyes into the beautiful picture and decorative elements!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Girl! You ROCKED that challenge!! And sooooooooooooo LOVING that card! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful creation with lovely details! Thanks for sharing!

patti west said...

Seriously...your lo is so tender and beautiful!! I love it!!! Fab title work! Fun cards too! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Variety! :)

Glenda J said...

Love both of these. Absolutely fantastic!

Val said...

Gorgeous layout, and I love the card!!

JustYolie said...

Aww I love your layout so sweet! :)

Theresa said...

great layout! thanks for playing along with The Paper Variety.

shannon said...

...what a wonderful layout! i love it! thank you so much for playing along with us at THE PAPER VARIETY!

Joy said...

great page and card, love that toaster! thanks for playing with Claudia and Company, Joy DT

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love that corny card! LOL Your layout is fabuluous as usual. I got to hold my 8mo old nephew yesterday and got my baby fix.

Lisa Dickinson said...

love how you used a grid for your background! fabulous!

georgia keays said...

great take on the Lily Bee challenge! The whole layout is so soft and beautiful...

Yara said...

So beautiful! Love it all! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!

Stephanie said...

good grief - i ADORE that toaster & little piece of toast. I love cards that make you smile...this one definitely does :) yes, I like corny puns too!!