Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Little Things

Hope y'all are all having a great weekend!!! I have spent most of mine doing absolutely NOTHING........pretty close to a perfect day :)  

I have a few crafty ideas up my sleeve so hopefully I can get to them tonight......honestly I haven't been motivated to do a lot of anything today....we have summer weather here.....seriously, if it didn't hit 80 it was close!!! And right now my house feels like a sauna.....ewwwwww!! Good ol southern weather!  Now that its cooling off I don't feel quite as sluggish.  I think the meds are causing some of that as well.  Just a couple more days on them and I am done!  Unfortunately my neck isn't getting any better, so I think another trip to the doc is in order next week.

I have a page to share and I will warn you right now.....grab the shades cuz this baby is BRIGHT and COLORFUL!!!  I went a little crazy....lol.  Creative Prompts 4 You has a challenge this week called "The Little Things"

We have all heard the quote " Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things"  So the challenge is to use the quote as inspiration for your project.  As soon as I saw the quote I knew I had the perfect photo!  This is Jesse and I a couple of years back.......I remember it was a spring day when we took the photo and I got LOTS of really great shots of him and Brandon in the yard.   was pretending I was a real photographer.....lol.  Even tho this photo isn't the best, (I cut part of our heads off....lol) it is indeed one of my fave pictures. 

Told you it was bright!!!!!! LOL.  I used the entire quote.......part of it isn't showing well because I used some yellow tiny types from Cosmo Cricket.  Also my Big Lots Thickers....I LOVE these....I bought several packages just of this type :)  Papers used are from Pebbles and Jillibean Soup (the green one)  I just really like the way all of this came together :)  The flowers are all chipboards goodies from Pebbles and the base stock is White American Crafts.  There will be a LOT of layouts using either kraft or white bases coming soon :)

This may also work for a couple of other challenges......

Lasting Memories Layout Challenge Blog: Spring Challenge  I am kinda unsure about this one but if it's not acceptable they can let me know....I will only cry a tiny bit.....lol.  The papers are bright and remind me of spring.....and the photo was taken in the spring....anddddddd thats all I got......LOL.

Candy Shoppe Designs Take inspiration from the collage
:
I went with the colors for my page :)

Crafts for Eternity Color Recipe......again, bright springy colors from this photo...

If the Shoe Fits Scrap It : Spring!

I think that's it :)  Thanks so much for looking and taking a few minutes to say hello or leave a comment....y'all seriously ROCK!!

Tina

13 comments:

KateB said...

I personally love the picture because it shows the expressions...posed pics look just that "POSED"...I think good photographers take pics from all ranges and angles so scrap those for sure! Love your color pics and the quote is of course so sweet!

TonjiaT said...

Hi Tina! glad you are having a good weekend! love the new blog background!

Sandi Cl~ said...

I think it's a great page, great photo .. not too bright for me! I was expecting REALLY bright! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photo and that quote is AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW!! You rocked that lo girl! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Love it! It's cool that you got the whole quote on there, and I recognize the papers! I have the same ones. And, I bet they are from the same place!

pinky said...

The photo works great the way you cropped it. Love all your papers and design layout. Thanks for playing along with us at C4E this week.

Stephanie said...

I love the colors, Tina - happy colors & happy photo!

We finally had some warmer weather here today too...I'm needing that sunshine; it's just too bad that my yard was needing some work and kept me outta the craft room!

Teresa Jaye said...

awwwww, love this photo! You did an amazing job on this layout with getting the whole quote on there - it looks awesome!
Thanks for the links to the blog candy!

having a {me} day said...

Ahhhh! Just perfect! Thank for joining us at c4e. keeley

Denise said...

What a sweet memory and photo! I think the colors of your layout are beautiful. Bright and happy, just like the memory :)

michele said...

Fabulous layout! thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs xx

lesleyworth said...

Gorgeous LO! I love the title and how bright it is! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Such a bright, pretty layout!