Wednesday, April 6, 2011

School Spirit and Sketchy Thursday!

We got spirit yes we do,
We got spirit how bout
YOU?????

Sorry :)

Getting a little excited because as of last night my 15 year old son is now on his HS Football team!! WOOT WOOT!! I know, a little early to be thinking football, but they have year round workouts and conditioning, plus a brand spanking new coaching staff this year........So I am very proud of him :):):)  Now, we will see how long he can go without getting hurt.....lol.  The boy is a danger to himself and can trip over air......yet he can run and jump and play ball like it's nothing.....how weird!!  He is doing so well this year......he had a hard time adjusting his freshman year, was suspended 3 times.....twice for fighting and once for cussing a teacher.....and that was in the first semester......lol.  Then he got into NJROTC and I tell ya, he has grown up so much....not just physically.......which he has obviously.....15 years old and 6'2 235 lbs.....lol but I am seeing glimpses of the man he is going to be.  The structure of ROTC and Football have been really good for him.  he still has his days, but he IS a teenager!!! And a MALE!! So I have to kinda let some things slide.....lol

So next school year, and over summer.....good ol Mom will be there, camera in tow......embarrassing the crap out of him :) I'm a scrapper....that's what we do!!!!! :):)

Speaking of School Spirit......I was lucky enough to receive LOTS of it in the4 package Leeann from Artful Delight sent me.....the Crate Paper version :) I LOVEEEEE it!!! And it worked PERFECTLY for my Sketchy Thursday Layout this week.  They have been having some rockin sketches lately!!! I Just haven't had the time to play along, or I just forget.  I'm trying to become more organized but it's not working out.......lol.  I got down and put my nose to the grindstone last night and actually took photos in the dark.....but they looked awful......actually about 90% of my challenge posts photos are taken in the dark outside.......lol.  But I think the colors of the Crate Paper had something to do with it....if that makes sense? I dunno....there is something about the colors and the way Crate paper feels that no other brand has achieved.  Or maybe its the meds? LOL.  But I went out today in full sunlight and took this photo.....lol.  And I scoured my photos and came up with this one of Jesse at his school last year when he was in Kindergarten. He didn't even see me.....lol. 

So here is the sketch....
LOVELOVELOVE it!!!!!!

And my take....

Not too bad considering someone was on my computer last night and I couldn't really remember the sketch....I had the general idea of what it looked like in my head but wasn't really too sure.  Apparently I can't ever remember where I put my keys, how much money I have in the bank or to match up all the socks in the laundry (my families pet peeve....lol) but I can remember sketches :):):)

Hey, priorities right??? LOL

Gonna head out to Goodwill and see if I can score some great deals for an Easter/Spring craft I saw in blog ville last night....toodles!!!
Tina

7 comments:

Holly* said...

love your take on that sketch! this has to be one of my FAVORITE lines from crate paper. cute snapshot too!

Kelly Massman said...

Darling! Crate Paper is so much fun!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love this layout! The colors are gorgeous and the layout is very cool!

Diana Fisher said...

So glad you found time to play with us this week! And I think those Crate borders worked wonderfully for the sketch. Love the page!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love that line!! And YAYYYYYYYYY for football! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TonjiaT said...

yay! you are going to have to keep us up to date on how well he does in football!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria