Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sketchy Thursday :)

I'm not sure, but I think this is a personal best record for me.  I hopped on this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch just as quick and my chubby little fingers could crop and clip!!!  It was one of those rare times you see a sketch and know instantly you have the pix for it...already cut and ready to go even! Gotta love that!!!

Well. OK....I saw it and knew.....but I had to do laundry first.  Sorta....lol.  I have a load folded, one in the wash and dryer and one sitting here next to me....BAD GIRL!!! Well what can I say.....when inspiration strikes you better get with it!!! The clothes aren't goin anywhere.....trust me, I keep waiting for the laundry fairy but I am really beginning to doubt her existence!!!

If you haven't wandered over there yet the sketch is super cool.....and OMgosh....the ST team ROCKED IT!!!!

LOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!! This is one of a few times I have ever managed more than a couple of photos in a layout...so that makes me happy too :)

Here's my take....

Here is a closer look so you can read the journaling that is Cosmo Crickets Tiny Type.....

OK, that isn't working so well.....lol.  I;m guessing if you click on it you can read it......The main title says "Don't' hate the player, hate the game" Which everyone around here is fond of saying thanks to watching way too much wrestling......lol. On the side where it says "NET" I have "nothing but" in tiny type and a tiny type "swoosh" above the basketball, which is from Crate paper.......All the papers here are Pebbles altho I think they are 2 different collections, can't remember........and the little "Total Chaos" speech bubble is from Color Bok's "School life" . The Orange and white lettering are Thickers.  LOVE these!!! Found these yesterday at Big lots for 2 dollars a pack........I bought these and some super cute yellow ones as well.......so if you have a Big Lots near you check em out!!!!!  The Color Bok speech bubble was part of a package of several more with different sayings also from Big lots for a dollar.......no they don't pay me commission, but they  totally should.....LOL.

Most of y'all probably recognize that little stinker as being my youngest, Jesse.  His older brother Jacob was going thru a phase last summer where he wore that stupid toboggan all the time....and of course Jesse wants to be just like him......sheeshhhhhhh.

This also works for the Design Dollies Color Challenge this week! I have missed my Dollies!!!! I bet it's been pretty quiet and drama free without me buggin everyone in the dollhouse.....lol.  I do give people a break from my sunny self sometimes :)  Any way, if you wanna play along they are SUPER sweet gals!! I was gonna say they are absolute "Dolls" but that would be a really bad pun.....oh look, I just said it! OPPPS :)

The color combo is Royal Blue, Lime Green, Orange and White.

 WOOO HOOOO BRIGHT!!!! It's spring y'all!! Ain't you ready for color????  It's not showing up in the photo but my paper truly does have blue......no kidding.

Wait!! I'm not finished yet!!! I have a card too :):)

I used this sketch from Clean and Simple
and my card... using American Crafts and Pebbles along with some sweet raffia ribbon Ashley sent me:)
I alternated buttons from my stash with some Pebbles "tree-house collection" chippies. And drew in fake stitches as an afterthought.

Now........now I am done :)

I am feeling uber creative today so I'm gonna see if I can hit a few places that I have been neglecting today....no place is safe....bwahahahahaha!!!!

Have a great day!

17 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Wow! You were super fast! Very cute, too! I love the card, too!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Great layout and card! Don't go snatching up all the deals around town. Save some for me!

The laundry fairy doesn't exist by the way. I've got about 10 loads sitting in front of my dryer to be folded and put away and the fairy has yet to show. I hate laundry.

Sherry said...

Looks very nice! Thanks for visiting!
Sherry

Heather said...

What a great LO and I LOVE how you broke up the long title. Very clever. Great card too! Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

KarenB said...

A girl after my own heart - of course the clothes can wait!! They aren't going anywhere... And I must say I've never met the laundry fairy :(
Love your layout - great to see you back at the Dollhouse :) And your card rocks! - love how you used the pebbles.

Marlene said...

Must admit when I saw the word "sketchy" in the title, I immediately thought you were talking about yourself again....ha ha ha ha.

Seriously though - GREAT layout! I wish I could get motivated to scrap again. It's been over a year!

Thanks for visiting my blog....always appreciated. :)

karenw said...

Love this Lo!! You cmpletely rocked the colours and I cannot beleive how quickly you got the sketchy thursday sketch done. I'm always thinking about it on sundays and it might get done by a tuesday..

I think the laundry fairy only happens to very rich people (or so I've heard...). They can leave their dirty clothes out and yet with no effort at all, the clothes are mysteriously cleaned and ironed (a miracle in our house!!) and in the cupboard. sigh, that would be nice...

Off to hang some clothes out now...

have a great day xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Girl... you are FAST!!!! I love love love that lo! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors and loving the basketball!! And that card is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [08 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

mariko said...

It is so cool!!
Thanks for playing along with ST!

Scrapamum said...

Way to go Teena! Love what you created. Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies!

Audrey Yeager said...

Love your title work and how you used the tiny alphas for journaling! Thanks for playing at ST!!!

Tomomi said...

WOW!
Very beautiful!!
Love those colors:)
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!

Heidi said...

GREAT colors on this l/o! Thanks for playing along with ST!

Ana Paula Leal said...

wonderful, full of colors and beauty!

corrie said...

Love it! Great colors! And dontcha just love when the layout creates itself like this??? Thanks for playing!

Tessa Buys said...

Love all the tiny type! Great page :). Thanks for playing at Sketchy Thursdays!