Saturday, April 30, 2011

What the??? 100 followers!?!?!?

Omgosh......at some point overnight I hit 100 followers on my blog!!!! WOWOWOWOW!!!! You'd think I woulda been paying attention to such a huge blogging milestone but it managed to slip past me.   I'm impressed that you are all following my blog of your own free will (presumably....I haven't sent the men in overcoats wielding baseball bats after anyone since my ex!) Seriously, I am humbled and so appreciative! Most of you know I am the only girly in a house full of testosterone and smelly socks, so I am EXTREMELY happy to be able to talk (blog) about girl stuff (motherhood, scrapping, etc......) and actually have someone pay attention!!!  Well, they pay attention to me here but only when I turn beat red and have smoke coming out of my ears and scream loud enough to be heard in 4 states.  And then it's usually "Dude.........what's wrong with mom??"

Gee, I wonder!!!!

As is the blogging custom I WILL be doing a giveaway to celebrate.......just give me a few to figure it all out and get a neato mosquito prize package together......I think you deserve it for putting up with my randomness :)

I have a few projects to share today!!! One of them I am absolutely in love with!!!  I had high hopes of getting in on a lot of the monthly challenges but I have lost a few days somewhere.  This month has just flown by!  I MAY be able to slip some in today but it is such a beautiful day that chances are, the kids and I will be spending it outside.  Steven has gone to the mountains for the day with a friend from school and his mom, Bob is out shooting a couple of matches, and the rest of us are hangin here.  And already I am hearing "Don't even look at me" and "Why would I wanna look at you??" from the 2 youngest. 

It's gonna be a LONGGGGG day! :)

So.......first up is Sketchy Thursdays sketch challenge! 
Ain't it cute? Even with all of the white space, which I am proud to say I was able to leave alone!!!!! 

And my take on it.....
These were taken on Easter Sunday :)  I tried to catch Jesse BEFORE he found the basket.  See, at our house the Easter Bunny hides it and they have to find it.  That wascally wabbit :)  But Jesse has candy radar and sniffed it out pretty fast :)  I did catch him packing it back to the driveway and going thru it.....lol.  And just so ya know.....I DID NOT dress this child like this!!!!!!  He is wearing plaid Bermuda shots with tan and blue in them and a polo with white blue and lime green........heaven help this kids fashion sense......lol.

I used AC stock,  MME papers,  AC buttons, BG woollies, Echo park label, and thickers :)  And I made that flower with the button center from a tut on Helen Croft's blog.....which you can find right here :)

And my take.....again, pretty close to the original.....

This is Brandon wayyyyyyyyy back when he was in Kindergarten.  He was 5 here and is now 10 and will be moving up to middle school next school year :) My how time flies!!!

I used AC stock, Smootch  spritz to kinda grunge it up some, MME paper, Crate Papers School Spirit die cuts and banners,  AC buttons, Fancy Pants sticker,  and  Thickers......the FC at the top stands for Fountain City.....his school....GO PEPCATS!!! :):):)

OK, one more and I'm done, I promise :)

I told ya there was one I LOVED! And oddly enough it is a card :)  This time last year I woulda laughed at ya if you told me I'd grow to enjoy card making. I will never again buy another card........I LOVE handmade cards and think they mean more than a store bought one. Oh......and one of my kids asked me if I could make a card for them to give me for Mother's Day.......LOL.   I told them THEY had to make it!!!

So for this one I chose to follow the sketch at  Twisted Sketches. And the "twist" to the challenge is to use yellow.....but I missed the challenge.....lol
And I am soooo glad this was a simple card......I'm still learning.........lol.
I just fell in love with the way it turned out.  And I stamped too!!!!! GO ME!!! My stash of stamps is getting larger so I will be experimenting a little more with them.....this was huge for me....not a big deal to those of you who use stamps, and I am sure you are laughing at me right now.  I just think it turned out way cute :)  And I am gonna have to resist the urge to hoard it....lol.

AC stock base, Pebbles paper (this design is the front and back of the same sheet. Stampbilities black ink,  Not sure about the stamp, I found it at Big Lots in a bin for 25 cents. And the little flower button was a gift from a scrap pal in England........it was the perfect finishing touch :)

I'm linking this card to the following challenges:
Twisted Sketches: sketch with a yellow twist (sounds like a cocktail....lol)
AI factory Challenge: anything goes
 Paper Studio: simply enter a challenge.....lol



9 comments:

Susanne said...

congratz for getting 100 followers :)

Kelly Massman said...

Hey, girl! Congrats!!!!
Great layouts! I especially love the Sketchy thursdays--the butterfly in the corner is awesome!

TonjiaT said...

100 followers?? that is awesome! congrats!! I think I only have 2 or 3. LOLOL

cat123 said...

A beautiful take on that sketch - lovely LO ! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Pencil Lines !

corrie said...

great layout. i really love that butterfly! and congrats on your 100 followers! that is so cool!!!

monica.coffman said...

Love all your layouts! And congrats on the 100 followers. Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays this week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yay for 100 followers!! And Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo's and your card babe!! Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Audrey Yeager said...

What a sweet Easter page! Love the trail behind the buttefly! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!!

Teresa Jaye said...

woot! congrats on 100 followers! and big congrats on the Sketchy Thursday's pic for your Easter day layout! woo hoo for you!