Tuesday, April 19, 2011

XOXO

Hello everyone!

A fairly short post tonight, I gotta cut y'all some slack every now and again or you won't come back......lol.  In all seriousness, my neck is giving me fits tonight and my arm keeps spasming and going numb so I am about to call it a night and hope that the morning brings me a better day :) 

Altho I must admit today has been a pretty good one!  I logged on this morning and found out that the LO I posted yesterday was featured today at Lasting Memories!!!! I was in shock!!! Thank you ladies!!!! They even gave me this cool new button for my blog!
It's been a LONGGG time since I had been over to my old home XOXO so I dropped in the other day to look around and I was totally blown away by the DT layouts! I found several I REALLY loved!  In case you have never played along over there, it's a scrap lift challenge.  You can choose one person to lift or several.  No limit on entries :) I used to be a DT member over there and I think I got lifted maybe twice in my term.....yeah it made me sad......lol..  I was wayyyyyy in over my head over there working with such creative girls!   I found this one LO that really caught my eye and I figured it was kinda my style and if it wasn't then I'd make it mine....yup. mighty big talk for a one eyed fat man........opppps, wrong line :):):) Having True grit flashbacks.

So I chose to lift this killer layout by Linda Harper.
First thing I noticed.........LOTS of color!!!! And on that black it really pops!  And I love the whole design.  So I took it and  used the same basic layout with just a couple of differences.
I went wild with the color because I really love this MME Little Robot paper......you can't tell it but some of the stars and circles are pop dotted for dimension.  I also hand stitched because I found this cute little gizmo called a cutter bee or stitchbee or something like that......It's a lot like the Sew Easy but tiny and cute.....and it pierces in a fairly straight line if you can manage to roll it straight, which I didn't....I'm blaming it on the muscle relaxers.....lol.
Are they not adorable? :):):):) I just wish they were red and black like little lady bugs :):):)!!

I edited the pix of Jesse in PSP12 and printed them off, it's not exactly black and white, but there is some selective coloring in it.....which is oh so cool but really tedious if you do not own a filter that will do that job for you. I also used some banner stickers from Echo Park, Brads (no clue what brand)Thickers Letterman Font, and Color Boc School Days speech bubble.  And I loved how she pen outlined the layout so i did the same thing with just a doodle scrawl in orange Bic on White AC stock.

That be it!!!  Jesse was home sick today.......well actually he was sent home sick yesterday and school policy is they need to be symptom free for 24 hours before returning.....he had a barfing episode and they called me to come get him......Geeeeze, if he's puking why do I wanna come get him? So not fair......lol.  But he didn't throw up any more....farted in the car and almost me ME throw up........but he's all good.......and back to school tomorrow.  And then they have a 4 day weekend coming up.  So not much time to myself this week except for Saturday when the bigger guys are going to youth field day at the range where Bob works.  They will learn gun safety, hunters education, animal tracks, get to sling gravel in four wheelers and stuff.......I wanna go!!!!!! But It will be just me, Jesse and matt and chance are I will be pre prepping everything for the Easter festivities.

Surely i will see ya again before then tho :)

Ya'll be good (wink)

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on being featured!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the new lo's!!! They are GORGEOUS!! Hope your neck feels better! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Congrats on your feature, and WOW you really ROCKed the scraplift!! Great work!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your layout is wonderful as usual and congrats on getting featured! I hope your neck feels better soon.

LOL and grossing out at the same time about your ride home with Jesse!

Khristen said...

Awesome lift, I love the paper so very much :) What a cute little man, too. x

Zackalor said...

I feel so honored that you picked my layout to lift! I love your take on it, especially the fun papers and pictures!
Thanks so much for visiting and playing along with us over at XOXO!

Bev said...

fabulous lift.. amazing layout..
thanks for playing along and hope to see you again next month.. hugs Bev xoxoDT

KateB said...

you need to come back and play with us more often!! We have sooo much to choose from! I loved that layout too but wasn't bold enough to lift it YET. You should be resting ya know! and yeah, why do kids get sick at school so they know exactly what time they get sick so we can't send their butts to school the very next day? My son has come home that way, then gets home, eats a ginormous dinner, watches tv and sickness magically disappears! WTH???

Cheryl said...

GREAT lift = I love what you've done! (I lifted that layout too!) thanks for playing along at XOXO! Cheryl (Lipstick Chick at XOXO)