Friday, April 15, 2011

YES! She still blogs amongs us and is feeling a little Sasafrasy to boot!

Hello blog land! I am alive! Didn't think y'all were gonna get rid of me that easily did you?  I just needed to take a bit of a breather......I thought maybe limiting my computer time, scrapping time, and pretty much anything fun kinda time would be helpful to the healing of my neck.......not the case unfortunately :(  Another trip to the Dr today, more meds and an MRI within the next week or so to see what is going on.  Dr';s orders are to wear my neck brace and pretty much do nothing.

NOTHING???

It's not as easy doing nothing as you might think.......men are so much better at it than we are......lol.

I was extremely upset over all of this last night and my girls from my online WW support group were there to cheer me up :)  I love them all soooo much!!  It's possible I am looking at another surgery.  Which is not the end of the world, but I don't do well with down time.  Seriously.  When I had the first one I was confined to the house and not allowed to drive or do much of anything and I went totally buggy! 

I already have some residual issues from the other surgery.....well not exactly the surgery......but I had 2 cervical discs totally blow out and they were compressing the nerve that goes all the way from your neck into your hand against my spinal cord.  I have some loss of strength and feeling in my left hand as a result.  Know how your hand or a limb feels when it falls asleep and how it burns and tingles as it is waking up?  That's what I deal with all the time. It could be a heck of a lot worse.....for the most part it is just annoying and sometimes quite painful.  But I coulda been paralyzed........so I am very grateful!!!

Now I am having some of the same things go on with the left side....and hopefully I can get it all taken care of soon ........cuz you know what? It's a booger scrapping in a cervical collar!!! :):)

So, enough of my whining!!!

Some retail therapy put me in a way better mood!!  I picked up several packs of Thickers today at Big Lots.....2 bucks a pack! And I found some really beautiful fabric covered chipboard ones today that are going to work beautifully with Bo Bunny's Time Piece that I was lucky enough to have won a few weeks ago :)

Also some Stamps by American Crafts for $2 each........and one is HUGE ::)  And for anyone interested they have TONS of DCWV stacks from $3 to $5 dollars..........I am just amazed at the stuff they are getting in!  And to think I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and walked out with absolutely nothing.........wow!

Ok........So enough enabling!!! (I'm such a bad influence I know!!)

It took me all week to finish this page for Sassafras Lass' sketch challenge!! I wish I could blame it on my neck but in reality, I just kept getting stumped.  It never seems to fail that scrappers block always hits when I am doing what should be an easy sketch!! Didn't help matters any that I am somewhat limited in Sassafras goodies.  Which is why I am entering......lol.  Flat out honesty.....I want/need the goodies!!!!!! And I totally am trying to mind freak them into drawing my name :)

So this is the sketch...
See? This should have been a really simple one for me to run with......but I refuse to fight with a layout.  When I do I never like them.  So I just kept looking at it, cutting paper and arranging it, not liking it and putting it away........lol.  Sound familiar?

I even came across this layout that looks soooo much like the sketch! I don't know where I found it or who the talent4ed creator is.  I saved it long before I was introduced to the power of Pinterest :)  Now I can save scrappy inspiration0on and know where it came from!!!!! Yayyyyyyy!!  So let's slap this baby on a milk carton and if anyone knows the creator please drop me a note so I can give her proper credit!
OMGosh isn't that sweet?????  Another couple of days staring at this as well and then finally it came to me today.  Weird how that works! And this is what I came up with drawing from both of these.....

I couldn't bare to keep it neat and clean.......leave it to me huh? No white space here! LOL.  These are pix of Jesse taken last summer drinkin his "froot beer" He couldn't say Root beer then,.......lol.  He love drinking root beer and will only drink IBC because it looks like real beer.......so he thinks he is a big shot drinking froot beer on the patio while daddy and sometimes I drink the real stuff.......yeah I know , there's that bad influence thing again :)

My base is American Crafts....it has some texture to it so I quickly dry brushed it with some yellow craft paint, I used papers from Sassafras Bungle Jungle and Apple Jack.  A few of their Blossoms and Paper Whimsies,,,,,,,,the whimsies are teeny cards and OMG they are CUTE!!!!!  The little monkey at the top is one of those whimsies fussy cut and pop dotted. Used 2 different types of Thickers to create the title and the "summertime" at the top is glittered border tape that I got in some loot last week....just can't remember who sent it :( But I love it and it is so cool to play with!  Added a few buttons to cover a boo boo. drew some quick messy journal lines, journaled with an American Crafts double tipped pen.....whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

There it is! TADA!!!!! All done...and it only took about a week........lol.  I just whipped out another one a bit ago for another challenge and was done with it in less than 30 minutes........the mind of a scrapper I guess......lol.

Thanks for lookin........I'm linking up at the following blogs, go check them out too and maybe even play along!
1. Lasting Memories Layout Challenge: Journaling
2. Design Dollies: Cute as a button......use buttons on a layout, card or project
3. A Spoonfull Of Sugar Challenges: All creatures great and small (use an animal or pet someplace on your project.......I used the monkey)
4. Paper Studio Thursday Challenge, make life sparkle (if you click to enlarge you can see the Summer border thing is glittery....I hope.....lol)
5. Sassafras Lass April sketch challenge (mememememepickme!!!!!!)

That's all I got! Be back tomorrow with what I completed tonight :)

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these!! That {root} beer title CRACKS me UP!!! And sorry to hear about your neck!! And you are sooooooooo right... men handle the 'down time' a LOT better than we do! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

glassgraffitix2 said...

Your LO is wonderful, looks like your breather worked! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

KarenB said...

Tina, I always love visiting!! I don't know the creator of your 'inspiration piece' but it's lovely isn't it? I **heart** your arty take on the sketch, loving all the paint and buttons and "white-space-filling-up-ness". And gotta love the Sass too, good luck xx

Kelly Massman said...

Your Sassafras layout is just gorgeous, and even though I entered (I've never been picked), I think yours could win!!! :-)

Paper Studio Instructor(s) said...

Thank you for using our challenge on your sketch! Love the layout...it's still snowing here in Northern WI....so we are definately looking forward to the nice Summer Sparkle from SUN!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Great layout! I'm with you, I can't leave clean lines alone. I love to slap around some paint and get messy!
And I'm pretty sure your inspiration layout is by Danielle Flanders. She's had it on her blog and the Pink Paislee blog recently.

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi, just wanted to stop by and thank you for entering my blog candies...
Good Luck!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your layouts!
hugs, Janiel

Sue said...

Great page Tina. I know what you mean about scrappers block. There have been several layouts that I have toiled over a layout for a week. I completed one last weekend that took me several months to get together.

I love the title. And Jesse is too funny - froot beer. Great photos. I love all the journaling.

I hope your neck is feeling better soon. I hope you don't have to have surgery, but whatever the remedy, I hope you won't have to wait too long for relief. Thanks for playing with us at Lasting Memories.

Lauren said...

Gorgeous layout! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Lauren

wendipooh13 said...

way to go and great pages!!! love seeing all those fun buttons being put to work!!! great job thanks sooo much for playing along at The Dollies~!!!!

Teresa Jaye said...

Tina this layout is completely AWESOME! Love,love,love it! You used those whimsies perfectly, and the paint looks SO cool!
I'm so sorry about your neck, sweetie. I've been praying for you hard and I'll keep it up. You hang in there!

KateB said...

I'm loving both of them...the colors pop and I like lots of visuals so you know I'm in! Keep your chin up healthwise if you can...it's hard when our bodies create havoc on our lives...

Scrapamum said...

Tina, great layouts!!!! SO glad you played along with us!!!