Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Delightful Inspiration 14 days of sketches #2 AND Design Dollies Color Combo

Me again!!!

I have a sorta scrappers zen goin on......my kitches is an absolute wreck, Music cranked up LOUD, incense and candles burning andI have stuff pulled out and scattered everywhere......Bob would die! But....hehehehe.......he ain't here!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I swear if I lived alone they would find me buried under my scrap supplies in a scrappy coma.  Such bliss :)

Ok...last sketch I shark it down a bit.....this time I went large scale.  I tried to trim the paper down but I didn't want to lose the birdies at the top of it.....so I used my McGuyver like skills and adapted.  I pulled out a lot of stops on this one...fussy cutting, hand stitching....and let's jusxt pretend I meant to make it look messy like that....cuz it works.....LOL.  Used the BEAUTIFUL Little Yellow Bicycle "Twig".....I've been hoarding it and was thinking baby layout......then I figured it would be awesome for Easter photos too :)

The sketch...
And altho mine doesn't look a LOT like this sketch......I did follow it....honest!! But since I went bigger....I also went with 3 photos.  YES!!! I rarely do a layout with more than 2 photos so I am stoked dude!!! And right here is the link to the sketch if you wanna play along :)
3 of my boys Easter morning....Brandon, Jacob and Jesse :)  Good lookin boys even if they are mine.....lol.

I mentioned I used "Twig".....I also used these CUTECUTECUTE Woolie Boogers from Basic Grey....well ok, WOOLIES.  I like my term better tho :)  Used another set of Thickers as well...these are canvas...very cool!! And Bazzill to mat the photos!!

And guess what......I think this also just so happens to match the Design Dollies color challenge for this week!! (gasp! what a coincidence!!!)
I definately have white, there is the dark blue in my papers and the thickers are brown!
And thats all folks!!!  Lets see what else I can crank out today!!! :)

10 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Love the layout!!! I'm sick green jealous of the twig paper BTW!!!

karenw said...

What?? No pink!!! (love the pink on your last Lo with the green though - totally fab!!)

Love this Lo, completely cool and the bidie and twig, so yummy.oh and the birdie paper, all good.

And now when I think of Macgiver (and who dosen't?)I shall think of you as well...xx

Teresa Jaye said...

oh. my. goodness.
I LOVE this layout- it is totally awesome! Those birds are adorable and fantastic the way you made them the top of the shaped paper - genius, girl! And the darker patterned paper shows it of SO nice!
And those woolies are perfect and cute!
bottom line - you rocked it!

Denise said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!! I LOVE your layout!! Twig is perfect for Easter too :) The tree and bird look awesome.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee this! I love love love the colors and those little birdies! I am hoping to work on that sketch this weekend! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Awesome! You going out for the Echo Park DT? I think I saw something about Echo Park having a DT call or something.

KarenB said...

Oh wow Tina, this is WAY cool!! I had to laugh at your "MacGyver-like skills" - a success, I'd say!! Loving that gorgeous birdie!!

artfuldelight said...

I love love the Twig collection and those Woolies ahhh fabulous!! Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight's 14 days of sketches.

Scrapamum said...

Tina, Tina, Tina, this layout is AWESOME!!!!! I too love the Twig line. Sooooooo super cute!
Thanks for playing with the Design Dollies!

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh what a great page and I've been drooling for that page!!!! wonderful LO!!! great job with the colors, and thank sooo much for playing along with the Dollies!!!!!