Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Saturday and my FAVE photo!!!

Hello everyone! Hope you are able to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather! Of course I realize it's not so beautiful everywhere........we have a perfect spring day here in Knoxville!!! So far.....summer is supposed to show up sometime today and grace us with her presence and 90 degree temps....it's ok, I don't mind it much!!!  I'm just happy to see some sunshine!

It's been a busy week here.  I am STILL dealing with constant pain, it lets me know I'm still livin I guess, tryin to keep positive......lol.  I have a new MRI scheduled for Tuesday.  Right now I have just a twinge in my trapezoid muscles but it is really making itself known in my shoulder and down my right arm.  It's getting really difficult to do anything that I enjoy.....including scrapping (wahhhhhhhh) And sleep is a mere memory now too. 

I've also been sick this past week........probably a result of too little sleep and allergies getting together and having a party at my expense.  But I am feeling a LOT better now!! I actually brushed my hair yesterday.....lol.

Monday and Tuesday are th4 last days of school here.  I still have to make some sorta gifty for the teacher and haven't even started yet.  I can't cheat and just go out and buy something because I am broke, broke, broke!!! The ex hasn't made his child support payment and end of year activities for 5 kids costs a fortune.  WHY do I need to pay $5 bucks per child for a party for the class??? I known that's not much BUT add up 5 kids and that's $25 bucks, and then they want stuff sent in as well......killin me!!!  What happened to the good ol days when you could make a batch of cupcakes and call it a day and everyone was happy???? Plus now that I think about it, my 6 year has 29 classmates.  Count him in and that's 30 children at 5 bucks a head.......really?? $150 bucks for the kids to have pizza from Little Caesars and popcorn????? Crazy. And like I said, they also want cups, drinks, plastic utensils (hello!!! Its pizza!!!!!) Ummmm use that 5 bucks!!! LOL....I'm cheap, can't help it!!!!

Ok, so I have been trying to get time to do this layout since like, ohhh back during NSD........lol.  I loved this sketch that was somewhere or other......lol....... and Julie has a great challenge going on over at My Fave Things this month.  Fave photos!! We all have one! Some of us have several :) This is one I love but it is sorta a goof! Last Halloween we took the kids to a church outting called a Halleluahjah Hoedown.  Talk about a fun event!!! We go every year because it's more of a family thing than just trick or treating is.  They have candy of course, food, a chili cook off, games, music hay rides and inflatables for the kids. I love it! And it's all in a big open field and seriously.....I can just park myself at a table and let the kids run loose and not have to worry about them :) 

Jesse's fave is the moon bounce. I tried and tried to get a good shot....I am no photographer trust me......lol.  I finally found the motion setting where I could gert a photo without a lot of blur and then when I zoomed in to his face I have extremem closeup of the net that surrounds the the bounce......lol.  But the more I looked at it the more I began to love it.  Reminds me of some of those you see  with added effects to make it look like that.  And here I deid it all by myself because I can't figure out my camera......LOL.  And this is totally candid and I just adore the expression on his face. So for right now THIS is my favorite photo.....and I'm likin the layout too :)

Here is the sketch.....

And my LO :)
I used AC white for the base (this has become my fav as well since I am out of Kraft....lol) and all of the pattern papers are MME Little Robots.  I made the flower and circle embellie by just using a punch and paper strips and a buttons from my stash.  The journal card is Echo Park with a scalloped MME circle and AC button and I used Thickers in Letterman font!

Time for me to make some lunch and maybe throw another card or layiout together! Thanks for looking and if you get a chance head over to Fave Things and play along!!!

9 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Very cute layout and photo... lots of movement captured nicely!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this Tina! I love love love love love the photo and that flower!! Thanks girl for playing along with FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

karenw said...

Lordy that's a bit rude asking for money and food and utensils... seriously, what are they thinking??

Love the Lo, so much fun!!

Anne Pennington said...

I love the expression too!!! Great layout Tina! That brown and blue combo is one of my favourites too.

Thanks for playing along with Fave Things!

Irini said...

lovely layout!!!!
love the colours!
Thanks for playing along with Fave Things!

Pamela said...

Love it!!! :) Great layout!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I agree it is a lovely layout. I am new to your blog and am so glad that I found it. I love finding other Tennessee bloggers!!

Scrapamum said...

Tina, did you change your blog? It looks different and I like it!!!
Love your layout sweet thing. That photo is fantastic and your layout is perfect for it. Love the blocking with the title over top. Well done!!! Thanks for playing along with us at These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things.

Debbie said...

Love the brown and blue combination! Great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Fave things!