Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Imagine :)

OK. ya'll know how I like to gab atcha......but I am a woman on a mission so I am gonna just get right to it! Don't ask what the mission is...top secret, if I tell ya I gotta kill ya kinda stuff....you know, the usual :):)

I found this INCREDIBLE sketch from Becky Fleck over at the Scrapbook And Cards Today blog over NSD weekend. I fell in love instantly......and once in a great while all the planets align just right and rather than the universe exploding and killing us all (yes, I am rather dramatic today.....PMS) I found oodles of places with oodles of inspiration to draw from and what you are about to see is the end result.

Exhibit A........the sketch!
I LOVE IT!!! In fact, if it were possible to marry a Sketch, this bad boy and I would be headed to Vegas pronto!

Exhibit B.  The title inspiration.  Sweet Peach Blog Shop's Try it Thursday challenge. Use a song title on a layout.  I chose "Imagine" by John Lennon.....because for some resason I had it in my head all day yesterday. All of the voices in my head just love that song...they were ALL singing along and it got quiet loud in there.  But at least it's a song I like and not some awful Taylor Swift crap.

Exhibit C.  Frosted Designs NSD border punch challenge. I used my Fiskers Treading Water Scallop punch....at least I think that's what it is.

Exhibit D.  My Time To Craft Scallop Challenge


And I am linked Up below as well for Whatcha Makin!!

Photobucket



Throw it all together, put your left foot in and take your left foot out, put your right one in and shake it all about, do the hokie pokie Simon says ABRA CADABRA....and you have been mindfreaked baby!!!!. (Its the meds.....honest)

This is my result :)
My magic ingredients for this recipe were.....the kids were in bed.....thats very important!!!! DP and cardstock Pebbles and American Crafts,  Flowers fussy cut from Pebbles Tree House Collection, American Crafts pen, Chipboard bits Pebbles, Button AC, Lady Bugg, Hobby Lobby in the woodworking dept, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, Title Letters Doodlebug.


I'm trying very hard to knock out some of these NSD challenges because I am on a spending freeze and am going thru major retail therapy withdrawal........I'm ready to stand on the corner with my little tin cup and beg for Thickers or something......LOL.  Yup I got it bad!!!!  Not that I haven't got more stuff than I will ever need.......but it's like some people with shoes and purses......you don't NEED it...but you can't pass it up either......lol.

Thanks for looking!!!!
Tina

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Well your spending freeze sure is doing good things for your mojo! This LO is awesome. Love the border punch you used. Thanks for joining in the fun this week over at Frosted Designs.

Hugs,
Kristin
http://lilsweetpeasplace.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

This is AMAZING! I love the colors and cuts and....well.....LOVE IT! I want that paper...lol.

Emily C

karenw said...

Reading your blog is always the highlight of my morning - after getting all the kids out the door of course... always makes me laugh.

Love that sketch, yum!! And love what you have done with it - very cool.

Imagine is bearable to have stuck in your head - I currently am inflicted with - when the going gets tough - Billy Ocean(?) arrrgh. awful.

hugs xx

Kelly Massman said...

What a cute page! I don't know how you find all of those challenges. I knew about a couple of them but not all.. :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeee this! I love love love love the colors and those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Elisabetta e Noemi said...

Great page, perfect take of the sketch you used!
Eli (Frosted Design)
http://scrap-colors.blogspot.com/

patriziawithaz said...

Gorgeous LO,great colours and fab use of scallops - perfect for our challenge at MTTCC this week.Thanks for showing us your work at this week and I hope we see you again soon x

Chrissie said...

Great layout and super colours.
Thanks so much for joining in our Scallops challenge at My Time to Craft this week.
Chrissie