Sunday, May 8, 2011

Takin care of some NSD Business

OK...I'm tryin...really I am!! There were Sooooooooooooo many awesome blog hops and challenges posted yesterday for NSD.......I have a million of em I wanna get too! A bit ambitious but I got my craft on baby!!!!

First a little catching up......I haven't edited all of the photos yet but I had such a great time at Jacob's NJROTC Banquet!!!! I am such a proud Mama too....he came home with a Medal, a promotion, 2 new ribbons to go on his bar thing on his uniform (lol....he's not here so I can't ask him what it's called) AND a couple of awards!!! WOOOT!!!

My MRI didn't happen.....I have to have it rescheduled due to "technical difficulties".  It set me off on a pity party but I think I am back from my trip now:)  I just wanna get this all over with, find out what's wrong and fix it. 

So Jesse missed his big play since it was at the same time as my MRI.......I felt extreme mommy guilt for not being able to go....especially once the whole MRI thing fell through.   BUT they have an encore presentation tomorrow for the whole school.  So with a little luck I will make that one!!

Oh......and today is Mother's day :)  Hope you are having a great one!! In a day or so I will share the highlights of my day......so far no one has been folded, bent or mutilated so it's going pretty well.....LOL.

I had a few free moments to hop on here and share a couple of  layouts in honor of NSD!!!

First up.......they had a big ol wing ding over at Frosted Designs yesterday!!  I played along while I could.....mostly with the games because I am not fast enough to do the one hour scraps........are you kidding me? It takes me an hour to pick out paper!!!!!  So I thought I was being super slick with this one.....the Frosted Designs Challenge was to use frames......I dug thru my digi supplies and threw this layout together in less than and hour.....and it probably shows......lol.  But my Internet connection was wonky yesterday and slowwwwwww and when I got over there to post it I found I had til Wednesday! Still. it's nice to know I can haul ass when I need to......lol.  In my haste to get this done I didn't write the name of the kit or designer of the kit down......nice job huh?  I'll look for it later.....but here is my take on "Frames"
I LOVE all of the blue with the black and white photo and the little pops of red with the felt stars.  I kinda used the sunburst style paper to make a semi frame for the solid.   I used 3 of the digi frames under the photo.  The title is from a word art pack...again, right now I don't know who the designer is.....sigh :)

Next up is this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch!!!  And I was so stoked to see I was chosen as a Sketchy Thursday Fav last challenge!!!!! My second time!!!

Here is this weeks sketch......
Such a fun sketch with sooo many possibilities!!! I tried to mix mine up a bit.......and this is also the perfect sketch for another of the Frosted Designs NSD challenges....use circles on your layout!
Remember Steven's haircut photos??? I used a before and after for the 2 photo spots.....

As you can see I did a fair amount of doodle work. The pattern paper and the circles are from American Crafts "Travel" paper pack.  I hand cut the circles and adhered them to cardstock then popdotted them for dimension....not that is shows in the photo :(  I also used AC Adhesive, buttons, and galaxy markers for the dashes and again to frame the black bazzill cardstock. Photo is matted with AC, alphas are DoodleBug Designs and Tiny Type from Cosmo Cricket.  Not so sure about the arrows....I have tons of these mini journal spots I picked up during a Big Lots craft shopping spree....have had them FOREVER and came across them while looking for something else.....lol

There are lots of challenges you can still join in on at Frosted Designs......several aren't due til this Wednesday!!

Ohhhhhhhhh almost forgot!!! I found this rockin new blog and since today is Sunday it's a Scrapbook Sunday Link up!!!  So head over and share whatcha been up too this past week :) You may even make a new friend or 2....find a new blog to follow and I'm sure lots of inspiration!!!
http://bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com/

I got lots of laundry to do and hopefully another page or 2 before the night is up!!!!

13 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Super job on the layouts! And congrats to your son!!!! And, hope things work out ok with your MRI!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Bummer about the MRI and Jesse's play :( I loveeeeeeeeee your lo's!! They are GORGEOUS! I love love love the colors and that 'extreme makeover' title is FABULOUS! Happy Mothers Day! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

And hehehehehehe...can you tell I am tired?? I forgot to tell you thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lyssa said...

Oh I love your LOs! I love sketches too. I want to jump into those again! Thank you so much for linking up over at scrapbook sundays!!! I can't wait to see what you'll link up each week!!
LYssa

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Love how you were able to combine the ST challenge with the FD challenge--your LO looks great! Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs :)
Melissa

Andrea said...

Both of your layouts are amazing! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Annie Fiskateer #1326/SCDT member said...

First - let me say loving all your layouts!
Second - thank you for stopping by my blog for the Scrapbook Challenges blog hop.

Angela said...

Tina, this is just awesome! love the light blue and the frames are fabulous! the little pompom trim really sets it off! thanks for joining in our online crop at frosted designs this week!

scrappingmom73 said...

Love the blues and the trim in the frames layout! Great job with the circles too. They can be tricky sometimes. :) So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!
Lydia

corrie said...

Great layouts! Thanks for playing with ST this week!

Tessa Buys said...

I'm so glad you got to play for NSD! Great layouts all around :). I love the buttons on the ST one. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Audrey Yeager said...

love love love how you linked those circles with dashed lines! Brilliant! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

Sandy Ang said...

The Brothers photo is fantastic and I love your graphic LO. Thanks for your comment on my sneaker card. Now I totally see it as resembling an American football (we are crazy about football or sorcer)