Sunday, June 26, 2011

Black n White plus 1

Before I get a'rollin did anyone else catch the AWESOME Jessica Sprague blog hop?  WOWZERZ man!!! If not there is still a little time.....47 different designers participated and there are digital downloads from ECHO PARK and COSMO CRICKET up for grabs!  Did I mention the word FREE???????

So feel free to go ahead and leave.....so long as you come back!!! Because there is so much awesomeness and inspiration and FREE goodies! Great stuff even if you aren't a digi scrapper.  There are also labels, hybrid projects, digi kits, and ready made digi scrap pages where all you do is drop your photo in the space provided and BAM! You are done babe!! It's that easy!!!

So, have a good Sunday? Mine was spent goofing off online, playing goofy games on facebook and doing laundry.  Yeah, 7 people in one house equals a WHOLEEEEE lotta laundry.  And I ahve let it go for quite some time due to my neck.  We didn't have a single clean towel in the house....thus my motivating factor in doing laundry.......lol. And I am purging thru clothes we no longer want, need or can wear.  Goodwill is just gonna love me :)  Spring cleaning....whoopie!

And I'm having teenager issues.  Funnnnnnn!!! And I have a funny feeling he will be grounded at some point this week.  Call it mother's intuition :)

I made this layout for Frosted Designs challenge this week....Black and White plus a color.  And Sketches in Thyme has an open challenge right now....anything goes so long as you have a sketch to go with it!  I love these :)  So I choose this sketch from Sketch Support.  I just recently found them...I doubt they are a new blog but they are new to me :)
And my take on this sketch.......something kinda different out of me:)
Obviously for Frosted Designs Challenge I chose pink as my plus one color.  yeah I know....PINK???? Tina really??

Boggles the mind doesn't it? :)

I went with MME  Meadowlark.  I just loveeeeee this paper and I really have been just sitting on it wondering what on earth I was gonna do with it.  I'm not sure of the source of the alpha.  I know they aren't Thickers but they are "Thicker like". Rest of the letter stickers are from Echo Park's "Be Mine".  You knew I'd work EP in there someway didn't ya....lol  The chipboard flower is from Pebbles and I'm not sure of the others....they were included in a HUGE bag of flowers I won....just can't remember where.....I'm awful I know.  I layered most all of them and love the look.
One of them has a tiny pink ribbon which worked well with my theme here.....which is Breast Cancer Awareness  btw......there is a story connected to this tree....bare with me, I'm gettin there...just taking the scenic route :)

The glitter frame is from Making Memories and the little flourishy thingy, which I am sure isn't the technical term for this, but oh well.......came from a package I won from The Hydranga Hippo. 

Now, just to make an already long blog post longer....hehehe....the story behind this tree.:)  The physicians building / hospital we go to has this huge foyer/reception area.  Starting each October they begin putting this tree up.  It's a Breast Cancer Awareness Tree and the tree itself is white and it is decorated in all pink.  Even the lights are pink.  It's really beautiful....and the most beautiful part is that each ornament is hand painted by a person either undergoing breast cancer treatment, a breast cancer survivor or in memory of someone who lost their  battle with this awful disease.  And next to it is a kettle....... much like the Salvation Army kettles you see at Christmas.......and it's pink as well.....where you can donate to the Susan G. Korman  "For The Cure" fund. 

Such a worthwhile cause and I love this tree....it stays up into the New Year :)

And that's why I took the photo ! 

Well, someone has snuck up on me and ripped the weekend right out from under me! How dare they!!! Matt has summer school for another week and then gets a 2 week break.  So I need to try to get this wrapped up and get into bed before 3 am!

Thanks for dropping in!
Tina




13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehe...Mom!! I'm telling!! Tina used PINK!!! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee it girl! It suits you!!! I love love love the story behind that tree! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)):):):)

Erin R said...

I love your project!! Great use of your colors!! Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs, i hope you can come back and play again soon!!

Erin R.

cecilia said...

Love your blog. you are so creative. I have a blog award for you. stop by and pick it up when you have time.

scrappingmom73 said...

Your layout looks great! Love that background paper with the pops of pink. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Desins.
Lydia

BluBabesCreate said...

Would love a tree like that!

Kristin said...

The pink is fab a licious!! You did such a great job with our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs and sharing your wonderful talent with us!

Hugs,
Kristin
http://lilsweetpeasplace.blogspot.com/

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wonderful layout as always! I did download several items from the Jessica Sprague hop but didn't make through all 47 blogs. 47 blogs to hop in one day? That's just too many.

Karin said...

Great sketch and beautiful your take of it. Love the color combo.
Thanks for playing with us on Sketches in Thyme. Hugs!

Shunrai said...

I love your take on this sketch and the color combo ! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

Ashley Horton said...

Great lo!! I love your take on the sketch from Sketch Support and the ping looks great with the b&w! Thanks for playing along this week with FD! - Ashley, Guest Designer

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the black and pink combo! And your shimmery frame is completely fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme! And ugh! I so don't look forward to having teenagers :). Hugs!

Ilene said...

So gorgeous! Love the combo of black and pink, very classy!

Erin R said...

Great layout!! Love your take on the sketch!! Thank for playing along at Sketches in Thyme, hope to see you play along next month!!